GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,047
2 members and 1,045 guests
AOIIalum, zsamulpitt5293

Old 08-29-2008, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

what three things would you change

If you could change three things in USA, what would they be and why?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Soule View Post
If you could change three things in USA, what would they be and why?
1. Stop giving away college degrees to inmates. It's unfair that some people can't even afford to go to school, but yet we allow murderers to get a college degree free.

2. Remove our troops from Iraq. Having our troops there is a waste of money. The economy is so bad in our own country, so why are we funding another country? That money could be put towards education and small business programs in this country.

3. Change our welfare system. People are taking advantage of it. I actually wanted to start a thread about this too. It's just really annoying seeing people with a ton of kids on welfare. It makes me mad knowing the fact that money is coming out of my check to feed a family who needs to stop having kids. I'm a student on a tight budget so why should I have to take care of people with a bunch of kids who take advantage of the welfare system? I think if a couple is on welfare and they have one kid that's fine, as long as they're doing what they can to get off of it. Once they have more than one kid, I don't think they should be able to use the welfare system at all.