GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,545
0 members and 2,545 guests
No Members online

Old 06-12-2005, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

house parent affiliations

For those of you who have houses, is your house mom or dad an alumn of your org? If not, are they unaffiliated or a member of another org?

I'm a Pi Phi but our house mom is a DG.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-12-2005, 01:00 PM

When I was an advisor at University of Northern Colorado, the Alpha Phi housemother was the widow of a Delt.

The Delts would take her an Iris (Fraternity flower) when they would serenade or do anything else with the sorority.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure the Alpha Phis are on campus anymore.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

The house mom when I lived in the AOII Nu Beta chapter house from 1997-2000 was initiated as AI in AOII. Her daughter-in-law was an AOII and she was very familiar with AOII be/c of that. The current chapter house mother is not affliated with any NPC groups. However, she has been a house mother for at least 40 years at different houses at Ole Miss & Miss State such as Tri Delta, KD, ZTA, Theta. She has been with us for 5 years now and before that she was the Tri Delta house mother at Miss State. She came back to Oxford to be closer to her family.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Our housemom was a ZTA, our ASA advisor was the housemom for the DZ's.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Isnt it great that A House Parent whether they are Members of said Group still participating in some form of Greek Life?

I am sure that no matter what affiliations they may be, they grow to Love those they help to work with!

My Chapter broke the House Mom rule for Pitt St. and I wonder to this day if it wouldnt be better to have them today.

House Moms in the day would teach little things like ettique(?).

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-12-2005, 03:45 PM

The chapter I work with have had both alumna and unaffliated House Directors in the past. This year's HD was just initiated into AOII in late May. Next year's HD is an AKA.

FYI--our HD position is a bit unique as it is not a full time, year round position. If we owned the property it would be a much different job situation!
Old 06-12-2005, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

The House Director at my chapter is a KD, she's been there for 20 years.

The House Director at the chapter I advise is a former Kappa. She resigned membership while she was in school, but has been absolutely fabulous as an HD.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I lived in-house for two years, and I don't think our house mom belonged to any sorority. I know she wasn't a DZ, for sure. Someone once told me that you couldn't be affiliated with any sorority if you were a house mom on our campus, but I hadn't heard that from anyone else so I don't know if it's true or not.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
We didn't have a house mom, but we did have a Graduate Resident Assistant (like a dorm RA) who was responsible for everything in the house. Ours happened to be the NPHC Graduate Advisor as well...she is a Zeta Phi Beta and is awesome!!

Here is Michelle and a few of the Delta Gamma girls.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

We had 2 housemoms when I was at Auburn. We initiated the first one--a precious, precious little lady. The second one was a butt and I'm pretty sure they never initiated her.

I sat behind her at an Elton John concert (never could figure out why the housemothers all went) and watched her almost hyperventilate at some of the lyrics.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Our current House Director is an ADPi and it's really been wonderful. It adds to her committment and to the actives' appreciation of her as well.

Being an HD is an incredibly difficult job and terribly underappreciated...that is until it's time to go look for a new one.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ARADPi
Our House Mother is unaffliated, but her daughter was an ADPi at another campus. Mom Audrey is absolutely fabulous!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
The IU chapter of Delta Gamma initiated their housemom a few years back...there was a really nice story about that in the paper when it happened.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Our housemom, Mom Bert, is a fully initiated member of Theta Delta Chi fraternity - the only active woman member of our (inter)national fraternity. She has been our housemother for twenty years - and counting!
Old 06-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Our housemother was retired by the time I pledged, but she was initiated into Alpha Delta Pi prior to her retirement. When Mrs. Monty (Mrs. Montgomery) passed away a few years ago, even those of us who didn't know her but had written to her so many times felt awful about it.