GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,299
1 members and 1,298 guests
speedsters

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I've never been to Portugal, but those pictures make me want to go, Honey!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
Thanks KSU!

And ThetaDancer, where do you usually stay? We used to rent cabins near the Alpine, but we've been staying at the Landmark for a while now...Ugh we haven't been in three years, I miss it!
We usually stay at the Inn on Maple but my very favorite is the Thorp House Inn. I like the Landmark, too! This makes me want to start planning a Door County weekend...
Old 05-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I've never been to Portugal, but those pictures make me want to go, Honey!
If you do, diet first! The food is absolutely wonderful! It's really very beautiful. Some of the sites you want to see are Cascais, Sintra, and one of the top ten most beautiful palaces in Europe, Queluz.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
PR has the only rain forest in North America
FYI, no it doesn't. We have the Hoh Rain Forest here in Washington state, which is within the Olympic National Park. Alaska has some, too.

PR does have the only tropical rain forest in North America, whereas the others are temperate. The biggest difference is temperate - rain forests closer to the equator are warmer and known as tropical whereas rain forests closer to the arctic are cooler and known as temperate.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

West Coast Represeeeeeeeeeent

I love the Oregon coast. My family went to Seaside, OR every summer when I was growing up and I fully intend to take my kids there when I have some. Oregon has an incredible mix of both powdery and rugged beaches. Seaside has a boardwalk you can ride your bike down, a main street teens like to cruise down that is lined with salt water taffy/candy shops, arcades, cheesy putt-putt golf and restaurants. Or go five minutes away to Cannon Beach, an artsy town with yummy restaurants, luxury hotels, an iconic beach, and not much else.

I also LOVE London every time I go, and I can't wait to go back to Paris.

My fiance and I are considering Belize for our honeymoon - anyone been?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
FYI, no it doesn't. We have the Hoh Rain Forest here in Washington state, which is within the Olympic National Park. Alaska has some, too.

PR does have the only tropical rain forest in North America, whereas the others are temperate. The biggest difference is temperate - rain forests closer to the equator are warmer and known as tropical whereas rain forests closer to the arctic are cooler and known as temperate.
Loving the Hoh Rain Forest!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Daytona and Vegas!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle555 View Post
Daytona and Vegas!
I had to do a double-take because the first time I read this, I read "Dayton" instead of Daytona
Old 05-23-2010, 05:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
I love the Oregon coast. My family went to Seaside, OR every summer when I was growing up and I fully intend to take my kids there when I have some. Oregon has an incredible mix of both powdery and rugged beaches. Seaside has a boardwalk you can ride your bike down, a main street teens like to cruise down that is lined with salt water taffy/candy shops, arcades, cheesy putt-putt golf and restaurants. Or go five minutes away to Cannon Beach, an artsy town with yummy restaurants, luxury hotels, an iconic beach, and not much else.
I always end up at the coast for about any vacation/day off I have (I went today for instance). I'm a big fan of Cannon Beach and Newport. Seaside tends to be super busy most of the time so I go down to the other two so that I can deal with a smaller crowd. I love the aquarium at Newport, but the beach at Cannon is my favorite. No matter what beach you visit, you have to find Mo's. The clam chowder...OMG I may have to do another trip tomorrow because I'm craving now.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
This is going to sound cheesy but:

Vegas.
Here's cheesy:

Myrtle Beach.

Back in the day, my mom had this thing about staying in the newest motor court every year. Somewhere along the line they changed the names to motels, now they call them resorts. Haha.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterDad View Post
Here's cheesy:

Myrtle Beach.

Back in the day, my mom had this thing about staying in the newest motor court every year. Somewhere along the line they changed the names to motels, now they call them resorts. Haha.
Isn't this where the girls are going in the movie "Shag"? I love that movie!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-23-2010, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

We went to Myrtle Beach every year when I was in middle/high school. It was awesome - and because my brother went away to college and had classes when we took our yearly trip, the last couple of times I got to take my best friend which made it all the more fun.

I've been to Paris a couple of times, but my favorite place in Europe is actually the South of France - it's gorgeous! I'm not really a San Tropez gal but I spent a week in Marseilles and had a blast - I'm looking forward to another trip there eventually - maybe for our honeymoon if we do indeed get married.

We're going to Disney this summer - I'm not that excited because kids in amusement parks really piss me off.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
My favorite spot is Puerto Rico. We went several years ago and it's just amazing. PR has the only rain forest in North America, and Old San Juan is gorgeous (love the above pic!). The fort was amazing, we have such beautiful pictures of our time there.

We spent a week there and it wasn't long enough. Next time, we are staying in the Old San Juan Hotel, where the Rat Pack used to stay. The lobby is insane, we spent an entire afternoon and evening hanging out there. We didn't get any pictures there (we didn't know what to expect) but next time, we will. Here's a link to photos: http://www.elsanjuanhotel.com/photo_...inkToGo=hotel1

This thread is making me itch for a vacation!!
I enjoyed the "El Conquistador Resort" down in Fajardo, Puerto Rico a year ago. We took a rental jeep down to the rain forest and made it out to San Juan. I agree - it's pretty awesome.

http://www.elconresort.com/?WT.srch=...00000000299996
Old 05-24-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
kids in amusement parks really piss me off.
I agree!

I'm a CA girl so we hit up Disneyland in Anaheim, Six Flags, and Universal every few years. The kids are the worst part (yes, I realize that this statement makes me sound like The Grinch who Stole the Kiddie's Amusement Park Fun.)

I think that every amusement park needs to have adult night (kid-free time) starting at 5:00 pm. lol.

It would be sucha big deal if kids weren't so obnoxious in those places but a lot of parents think theme park = no rules.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I would have to say my favorite place to vacation is the Jersey Shore! I know it doesn't sound very exciting, but I love the boardwalk, the beaches, riding in a Surrey, the salt water taffy and custard! I love driving to the towns like Cape May, Avalon, Stone Harbor and Ocean City. I've gone every year from birth to about 25 and it just IS Summer to me.

The other favorite is Anna Maria Island off the Gulf Coast of Florida near Destin, I believe. I was there for my cousins wedding and it is just beautiful! It was the first time I actually saw Ocean water that was clear and blue, not that dullish green color.

My dream vacation destinations would be Hawaii, California and Europe (yea, all of it!)