GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,406
1 members and 2,405 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 08-13-2006, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I've slowly gone over to the Dark Side-- I love Mary Kay eyeshadows and foundation.

Best Liquid Eyeliner EVER: Bourgois (it's a line made by Chanel)-- also love their lipsticks.

I'm in love with Arbonne skin care products, but I'm trying to wean myself onto something less $$$ and I've found that Ulta face wash and lotion are on par with the good stuff, but cost as much as drug store brands.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
*Nars blush in orgasm. I swear I haven't found a person whom that color doesn't look good on.

Me, unfortunately. I bought it and was so excited but it just sucks on me, I think my skin is too olive or yellow or something and it barely shows up.

As for other makeup, well I am obsessed with makeup; I'm always buying new products even though I wear the same exact ones every day. Still, it's so fun to shop for makeup though!

My favorites:

-Bare Minerals foundation and the regular (non-tinted) mineral veil
-Smashbox concealers and makeup primers, especially their under-eye concealer...I have the worst dark circles and I couldn't survive w/o this stuff.
-Lancome Juicy Tubes, MAC lipglass, and Sephora clear lip gloss....I love all lip gloss, the shinier and stickier, the better!
-My favorite mascaras are from Lorac, Dior, Lancome, and Loreal , I have really long eyelashes so I like stuff that makes them a thicker and darker.
-And the best thing of all time is Benefit's Benetint lip balm; it's bright red in the pot and it always freaks people out (boys especially) when I go to put it on, but it shows up super sheer, just a tiny hint of color and it makes your lips really soft. LOVE that stuff!

Ok, that's enough from me...sorry, I am just obsessed with makeup and could talk about it forever.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I love Lancome's Hypnose mascara! It helps me look "madeup" before going to class

<3
Old 08-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Banned

I'm a recent convert to "Sheer Cover"-- which is pretty much the same as "Bare Essentials"-- just a different brand.

For basic skin care, I was using Perricone products (which I liked), but have just switched over to the Dr. Brandt line. I like the texture of my skin from these products.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't wear that much make-up, but products that I CANNOT live without are:

Kiehl's Ultra Protection Water-based Sunscreen (SPF 25)

Kiehl's SPF 15 lipbalm (preferably Hue 58). I know that more people love Lip Balm #1, but it only has an SPF of 4

Stila's lipglazes (both the pencil glazes and the brush ones)

Stila's High Shine Lip Color
Old 08-13-2006, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I love MAC Make-up. I have to stay away from the counter because I always spend way too much. Although I still love Clinique's glosswear for lips in Air Kiss. They used to carry it in little pots but now it is a lip gloss tube.

As for skin care, my esthetician carries SkinCeuticals, I've been using it for the better part of a year and it's really balances my skin out. It's expensive though but well worth it. I also get a facial every four weeks, also expensive but still worth it.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Hi.

My name is btb87 and I'm a MACaholic.

I found myself starting with the stick foundation last year. Fell in love. Soon after, I bought some loose powder. Then this past Christmas, when I was visiting my grandmother, I stopped by a mall in Raleigh, NC and bought some lipstick and lipliner. That's when my unhealthy addiction began. After I returned to Florida, I found myself making excuses to go get MAC. I own 6 pots of shadow, 4 lustreglasses/lipglasses, 2 lipliners (and Chestnut is all that and a bag of chips!), two lipsticks, and my favorite, studio fix foundation.

I finally had to stop myself from making these purchases, but alas, this addiction is rearing its ugly head again. I now want a brown frost eyeshadow, but I don't have to have it, so I'm not going to drive an hour for a pot of eyeshadow (the nearest MAC counter is an hour + away from where I live). Compared to some women that I've spoken with, I really don't have a lot of makeup. I also don't wear it everyday, but lately, I've been wearing lipstick/lipglasses/lustreglass more.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

i LOVE makeup...

I have really long eyelashes, but they are not as full as I would like. What does everyone recommend??

I recently bought bare essentials. Ive only used it a few times, but the first time i did use it I noticed a difference. My face really seemed like it was "airbrushed". Right now my favorite thing is this clinique eyeshadow. I am obsessed with it! its called beach plum- its awesome!!
Old 08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
I love MAC makeup, but the problem is that I have a short budget, and I've never brought one product from them. One day, I'll be able to get my hands on them.

I will also try Bare Essentials, because I have ecsema and I can't wear products that is oil-based.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:19 AM
cutiepatootie

I use to be sooo devoted to clinque you couldn't pull me away from it. Then i tried the bare essentials line because i too have very senistive skin. I love a natual look. I also use mary kay products as well. though I still have a devotion to some clinique items.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 AM

I usually just use lipgloss (although heaven knows my commute is long enough to put on full makeup and get in a good chunk of War and Peace as well ).

I have no brand loyalty... my makeup drawer includes a mix of MAC, Clinique, Estée Lauder, and Bobbi Brown. I have a couple of MAC foundations that have an SPF factor, which is a good thing in summer.

I use the Clinique skin care line, except that I skip the moisturizer as my skin is quite oily enough already and I do not agree with their position that Everyone.Needs.Moisturizer. (I suspect it's a ploy to sell more moisturizer.)
Old 08-14-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB*SpiceySpice
Me, unfortunately. I bought it and was so excited but it just sucks on me, I think my skin is too olive or yellow or something and it barely shows up.
Kiki - I think "Torrid" is the one they recommend if Orgasm is too light for you. Nars products are sooooo wonderful. If I could buy the whole line I would.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
I don't really wear makeup, but I am in love with Aveda products. My life revolves around their Self Control styling stick- any girl with short hair will love it.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum
I usually just use lipgloss (although heaven knows my commute is long enough to put on full makeup and get in a good chunk of War and Peace as well ).
This made me LOL! Glad no one heard me or they would have thought I was crazy.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

have you tried their dramatically different gel instead of the lotion for a moisturizer? it's worked wonders for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum
I use the Clinique skin care line, except that I skip the moisturizer as my skin is quite oily enough already and I do not agree with their position that Everyone.Needs.Moisturizer. (I suspect it's a ploy to sell more moisturizer.)