GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,454
2 members and 2,452 guests
TLLK

Old 07-22-2019, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Half of Murdered Couple was a ZTA from Appalachian State

A young couple was murdered in very remote northern British Columbia (Canada). She was a Zeta from Appalachian State University.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Canada.html

Since this couple turned up dead last week, two young men have also disappeared and are presumed killed in northern British Columbia. There are whispers of a serial killer.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

There was another body found close to the van of the missing men as well.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5666832/n...-what-we-know/

Northern BC has/d a suspected serial killer along the Highway of Tears (Highway 16 between Prince George and Prince Rupert) as well.

Last edited by Jen; 07-22-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Very tragic. The Alaska Highway, where all 3 bodies were found is not part of the Highway of Tears (something the international media has been getting wrong).

Northern BC is extremely remote, and people do tend to go missing or be killed every now and then. Most often, those victims are Indigenous women, whose deaths or disappearances are not widely reported on.

There is the slightest chance that this may be a serial killer, but it is far more likely that these were crimes of opportunity by a spree killer.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm from BC. The only thing the 97 and 16 have in common is Prince George, and these latest cases have more in common with each other than anything on the Highway of Tears.

My point was more that this isn't the first time missing and murdered people have turned up in northern BC associated with the highways. I hope the E-Pana investigation gave them more tools to assist with these latest cases, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Jen; 07-23-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

So the latest update is a whole pile of WTF.

The two missing men (18 and 19 years old) whose truck was found on fire with a body of another man in his 50s nearby, are now the suspects in the murders of Chynna Dease and Lucas Fowler and are on the run.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...eese-1.5221657

They were last spotted in northern Saskatchewan and may have changed their appearances.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post

The two missing men (18 and 19 years old) whose truck was found on fire with a body of another man in his 50s nearby, are now the suspects in the murders of Chynna Dease and Lucas Fowler and are on the run.

They were last spotted in northern Saskatchewan and may have changed their appearances.
What?!! That's crazy!! I wonder how they figured that out? I will have to go and read the updates. I first got interested because of the Greek connection, and because I love to road trip, but this is getting weird.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post

What?! Well I didn't see that one coming. Kudos to the CBC for putting out an informative article.

True and Constant
Old 08-07-2019, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

The bodies, believed to belong to the two fugitives accused of the murders, have been found: https://www.yahoo.com/news/bodies-of...191111000.html

True and Constant
Old 08-07-2019, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I was starting to assume they were dead since there has been no trace of them since late last month.

Now I just wanna know why these crazy events happened. I really feel for the victims. They seemed to have been victimized so randomly.