GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,270
0 members and 1,270 guests
No Members online

Old 09-23-2006, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca22kd View Post
well we are no longer allowed to say see you tomorrow or later or give them any kind of indication that they MAY be invited back the next day because that is a rush infraction AND we have to invite them back whethere they are on our cut list or not! so we have to be extremely careful what we say we also are not allowed to talk about boys booze bars or anything "bad"

Ok, I know this is old, but I think this is really important. One girl got cut from every house after the second day and when they called to tell her she was so upset and kept saying, "But they said they'd see me tomorrow!"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-23-2006, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I'm sure that's not what they thought. I'm sure they knew that there was some sort of process involved, but the thought of girls discussing them was just kind of creepy to them (as like 18 year old freshmen). And honestly, I don't think they really wanted to be in sorority that badly since they dropped out like halfway through because of this.
I can see how itehy might find it a liuttle creepy..but I think your right, that they didnt really wnat it bad enough..I can't see it bothering me enough to totally drop out.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-24-2006, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUAZD2001 View Post
One year on philanthropy day, the craft was decorating little tshirts to go on teddy bears that would be givien to local fire and police to be handed out to children after emergencies. Well, one girl decorated her tshirt by writing "Eat Me" on the tshirt. She was not asked back, but has gone on to be a legend in my chapter known as Eat Me Girl.
That is awesome. What was she thinking? Was she trying to be cut?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUAZD2001 View Post
One year on philanthropy day, the craft was decorating little tshirts to go on teddy bears that would be givien to local fire and police to be handed out to children after emergencies. Well, one girl decorated her tshirt by writing "Eat Me" on the tshirt. She was not asked back, but has gone on to be a legend in my chapter known as Eat Me Girl.
OMG
Old 09-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

See, you want to be remembered in rush but not as the Eat Me Girl or any other kind of ______ Girl. Like Bubbles Girl, LeopardPrint Girl, Knee Socks Girl, or various other PNM names I've heard.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter had set up a table at an organization fair that was held the day before classes started, and this girl came up and proceeded to talk to our president. I didn't get a chance to talk to her that day, but the next day she turns up in my music class. She sees my DZ shirt, and we start talking. However, she turns out to have the maturity level of a 5th grader.

It doesn't turn weird until she follows me after class. She followed me, about 5 steps behind me, through two buildings and the library. She didn't say anything to me. This really freaked me out. She later did this to about four other sisters.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
See, you want to be remembered in rush but not as the Eat Me Girl or any other kind of ______ Girl. Like Bubbles Girl, LeopardPrint Girl, Knee Socks Girl, or various other PNM names I've heard.
We had Eyeshadow-Girl come through one recruitment... we all really liked her, she was a super-sweet girl, but she wore brightly colored eyeshadow literally up to her eyebrows. She preffed us, but ended up going elsewhere... I think her big sis must have shown her the error of her ways, because I never saw her eyeshadow around campus - and you couldn't miss it!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I posted this in another thread, but it's probably more fitting here, seeing as how it's a weird rush story and all...

When I rushed, during one of the parties, a couple of the members were talking about how you never see cows in the process of lying down - you always see them either standing or lying. Another member overheard, interrupted our conversation, and said, "I've seen it! This is how they do it..." then proceeded to demonstrate the cow lie-down process.

I don't even remember how the conversation got started in the first place, but I definitely remember thinking, "Wow, this is a strange topic." But, when that girl just jumped into our conversation and got down on all fours, I pretty much told myself that I wouldn't ever fit in with that group. I probably shouldn't have judged the whole group because of that one girl, but I couldn't help it.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But, when that girl just jumped into our conversation and got down on all fours, I pretty much told myself that I wouldn't ever fit in with that group.
If I'd been the recruitment chair, I would've popped an aneurysm. As my sisters heard over and over from me, "That's not proper cascading!"
Old 09-27-2006, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

That would have been me during rush - the one down on all fours. When I got bored, I would start some bizarre conversations, until someone would put me in the kitchen and rescue the frightened rushees. They finally made me Rush Chairman, which kept me too busy worrying about nametags and punch to actually scare off any potential new members.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTamer View Post
That would have been me during rush - the one down on all fours. When I got bored, I would start some bizarre conversations, until someone would put me in the kitchen and rescue the frightened rushees. They finally made me Rush Chairman, which kept me too busy worrying about nametags and punch to actually scare off any potential new members.
Did you do this to girls you didn't like or to all girls???

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 09-28-2006, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Only towards the end of rush when I was punchy and tired and frustrated trying to talk to those really shy girls who come through who just sit and look at you like deer in headlights. It wasn't a matter of not liking them - I'm sure they were delightful people in any other social setting, but the effort needed to carry the whole conversation in the face of their silence/shyness was sometimes just too much, and I would sometimes get a little giddy or mildly outrageous... not on purpose or even consciously, it just sort of happened. Tiredness was a big factor.

Oddly enough, I interview a lot of people like this now for a living, and my clients often remark that I never seem fazed by respondents who are rude or unresponsive. As the stories on this thread show us, we get a lot of practice talking to all sorts of people during rush.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

There was this girl who rushed last year. We have a prety informal rush but she only showed up to one event. We went to a potluck at a sisters house and she was getting along with everyone, however she kept talking about how mutch fun she had at XYZ sororities pub crawl last week. Talking to other sisters I found out she mentioned them in her MSN name. Because she seamed so dead set in XYZ we decided not to offer a bid. It turns out that she got a Bid from other sorority but called one of our sisters. The rush said that she was going to join XYZ but still was interested in joining us! thats right this girl thought she could join TWO sororities.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Short story:

There is a girl who has no hobbies. None. She doesn't do anything. We know this because during rush, no matter what questions were asked, she replied with no or nothing or something else along those lines. She must sit in her room all day staring at the wall or something... which is apparently a hobby. Either that or her hobbies were drinking kegs and smoking joints or something. It was very very weird.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

When I went through rush (it was still rush back then) our first day was open houses which included a house tour. Since we were in our RhoChi groups, we usually ended up on the house tours with basically the same girls. At one house we were told that they were the largest sorority in the country, then at the next house we were told that they were the largest international sorority. Apparently one of the PNMs didn't pick up on this slight difference, because she started arguing with the person giving us the house tour. And I don't mean a polite correction. Needless to say, the rest of us were a little taken aback, and none of us were surprised to see that we were ALL dropped from that house!