GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,206
1 members and 1,205 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2000, 05:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by prospectiverushee:

And I totally feel you on the parking situation. I go to Louisiana State University and parking sucks. Football Saturdays are horrible cause the police block off parts of campus. This sucks for me because I work Saturday nights off campus. So if I want to get to work on time, I gotta leave super early.

Parts of campus? LOL! They block off the ENTIRE campus. If you want to leave, you leave early and you come back late. I learned this lesson the hard way last year. I was with my boyfriend who is in band. He had come across campus to see me, and he needed to get back for the show, so he drove back and I rode with him, just for the ride. We were unable to get from Highland Road to the Stadium. Finally, we ended up at the PMAC. That's where he said "look, I'm so late as it is, I'm just gonna run and find the band wherever, please take my car back to the dorms." Well, after being turned around about 15 times by traffic guards, I ended up off campus somewhere. I was driving around trying to find my way, I missed a stop sign and got a ticked. While the cop had me stopped, my boyfriend's dad called on his cel phone, which I stupidly answered. After that was finished, I was trying to get the car back to West Laville, coming up Highland from the West (I think). Well, apparently, you can't do that. A traffic cop actually told me "if you want to get back on campus, wait until 10 or 11 PM after the game." Apparently, getting home is no reason to be allowed to drive up Highland Road on a game day. I had to park his car behind the old Super Fresh grocery store.I called his roomate crying and they came to get me and we went to the game. Because of that, I refuse to go anywhere on a game Saturday. I stay in my apartment and either walk to where I need to go, or just plain do without. Its too much of a hassle.

[This message has been edited by juniorgrrl (edited September 08, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-09-2000, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by juniorgrrl:
Parts of campus? LOL! They block off the ENTIRE campus. If you want to leave, you leave early and you come back late. I learned this lesson the hard way last year. I was with my boyfriend who is in band. He had come across campus to see me, and he needed to get back for the show, so he drove back and I rode with him, just for the ride. We were unable to get from Highland Road to the Stadium. Finally, we ended up at the PMAC. That's where he said "look, I'm so late as it is, I'm just gonna run and find the band wherever, please take my car back to the dorms." Well, after being turned around about 15 times by traffic guards, I ended up off campus somewhere. I was driving around trying to find my way, I missed a stop sign and got a ticked. While the cop had me stopped, my boyfriend's dad called on his cel phone, which I stupidly answered. After that was finished, I was trying to get the car back to West Laville, coming up Highland from the West (I think). Well, apparently, you can't do that. A traffic cop actually told me "if you want to get back on campus, wait until 10 or 11 PM after the game." Apparently, getting home is no reason to be allowed to drive up Highland Road on a game day. I had to park his car behind the old Super Fresh grocery store.I called his roomate crying and they came to get me and we went to the game. Because of that, I refuse to go anywhere on a game Saturday. I stay in my apartment and either walk to where I need to go, or just plain do without. Its too much of a hassle.

[This message has been edited by juniorgrrl (edited September 08, 2000).]
Glad you got a little chuckle out of my reply. Can't wait till next weekend(it's an away game) I can park with out any hassles.

Old 09-11-2000, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, here I am at some big state university and I am so not liking it. I'm back for my second BA or grad school prep or whatever (haven't decided) at a school with 28,000 students. This is similar to the school I started out at, but very different from the 800-student body school I transferred to and graduated from. I heard some people say on the elevator that this big school was pretty friendly. Compared to what, the DMV? I suppose it's as friendly as a 28,000 student campus can be.

I was used to free parking for students, most of the students living on campus (though I didn't). I was used to going to the registrar's and, even in the first week of school, getting out of there in less than 10 minutes. I was used to there actually being space in classes! I was used to that small school where all the students in the same major knew each other, all of the professors knew every student in their department, and most of the professors on campus knew me! When I went to that school in the spring, an unusual time for students to come, people were puzzled and actually *noticed* that I was a new face. Students, staff, faculty actually cared and were close. Oh, sigh. *Grabbing walking stick* - I've been through so many changes. I feel old.
Closed Thread