GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,372
2 members and 1,370 guests
Cookiez17, FSUZeta

Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Little Black Bag

Has anyone tried this? Basically, you buy one item, and they throw in a bunch of stuff that you can't see until after checkout, but then you have a couple of days to trade the extra items with other users on the site before your stuff ships. I am playing around with it this morning, and it's pretty fun.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't do it!!!

I tried Little Black Bag for one month... and I will never do it again. It's fun in theory, and it seems like it's a good value, but it's really not.

Firstly, I got addicted very quickly and wasted way too much time on it during my trading week. I got obsessive over checking for trades.

Secondly, most of the products you could find much cheaper in store (think items that would have already made it to TJ Max).

Thirdly, a lot of the brands are cheap and poor quality and clearly not worth the so-called "value."

Lastly, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to trade up. Most of the surprise items are junk and are extremely difficult to trade.

My first and only month I got a mint BCBG crossbody and a lime green Kenneth Cole bracelet. The bag supposedly retailed for $60-ish, and the bracelet $40. After doing some research, I could have gotten the bracelet for less than $20, and the bag for $30. So I would have spent less, without all the hassle. Plus, the choices are limited... so if you're only in love with one item you're out of luck.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPhiMu View Post
Plus, the choices are limited... so if you're only in love with one item you're out of luck.
I think this is the biggest problem...there's just not that big of a selection.

I bought a bag yesterday, when they were doing a holiday bonus, so I currently have a belt, sunglasses, and a bracelet that are all cute for $30. There's a bunch of random beauty stuff that's pretty cheap/meh, but it's pretty clear you are paying extra for the trading game aspect, and I keep getting offered the same three or four items as trades.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I got my stuff in the mail, and the main item I wanted (a belt) is really cute, but the other items are kinda meh. The sunglasses, which were a hot trading item, are really cheap, and the bracelet is cute, but maybe not something I'd wear a ton. I did get a bunch of bonus freebies, and I had a lot of fun trading, but it's not something I'd do again.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Just bought a bag and it's definitely all about the trade and less about the actual products, although I really like the belt. Freebies are always a bonus, I would buy again for sure.