GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,448
2 members and 1,446 guests
naraht, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-18-2013, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

What did you do besides going to class while you were in high school? Did you work? Were you in any honor societies? Did you play an instrument? Did you do any community service in high school?

It's fine that you are involved in only group now: quality over quantity.

Perhaps look around on campus and see if anything else strikes your fancy. What interests you? Whether you go Greek or not, it's a good idea to explore new activities and meet new people.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0730 View Post
From the aoii website, "In no case should a legacy be denied an invitation to at least one invitational event after the first round of events". I'm not sure who she contacted, but clearly the policy exists. And it just hurt my feelings, I'm not trying to say it wasn't my fault or insult or offend anyone or make anyone mad but I was told this policy was in place and then I was shown that even the one who was "supposed" to give me at least one extra chance didn't. It really didn't do much for my confidence with the other parties I attended that night. I know it's my fault for letting it get to me, but it is hard and it hurts to be rejected by girls whom your own sister considers sisters and not let yourself be upset
Sorry this happened. Mistakes do occur. We do require that legacies get an extra chance to make an impression because we value their connection to the fraternity.

Before next year, do you do an volunteer work? Over the summer volunteer with some groups to add to your resume. Make sure your sister sends in your Legacy information on a MIF. Do something on campus NOW. Join a club, get involved. Sophomores that have no activities are not going to do well in recruitment, unfortunately. Do you know any of the sorority members? Meet them in class. Don't get anxious about it, but adding at least a couple things to your resume will help. Not only that, it will make your college experience more enjoyable.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

It's not too late to add some interest to your resume. Get a summer job that interests you, do some volunteering, work really hard at developing friendships, etc. Stay busy, but not just busy, OUT THERE and busy. 15 hours a day on your computer is busy (trust me, I know) but it won't make you more appealing during rush.