GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,498
0 members and 2,498 guests
No Members online

Old 08-22-2000, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Hey, I got a question

Has everyone started school yet? I feel like I'm the only one that hasn't started back yet. I keep hearing everyone talk about how they are rushing already and stuff. Anyone still on vacation?

[This message has been edited by ZChi4Life (edited August 22, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-22-2000, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

We just started school yesterday. LSU starts pretty early though. I think eastern schools start later, closer to Labor Day. Of course, there are certain benefits to starting to early. We're finished by the first or second week in December, and don't go back until the middle of January.
Old 08-22-2000, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

aries and zchi, i'm right with ya!

i leave for school on sept 3rd, audition for IPO's *instrumental performing organizations* on the 4th and start classes on the fifth.

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Old 08-22-2000, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

ok cool, I feel better. I thought i was the only dork not in school yet I start on Sept 6th too. I'm already at school (I took summer classes) so I don't have to move in or anything. My sorority's rush starts Sept 17th. And I think NPC rush starts on the 15th.
Old 08-22-2000, 08:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
ZChi, don't feel bad, UBC doesn't start until the 5th, and my classes don't start until the 6th. Here's a question for everyone how long is your school year? At UBC we finish classes the 1st week of April and finish exams before the end of April. Which means I've been on holiday for over 4 months , but i have been working most of that time.

[This message has been edited by Siobhan (edited August 22, 2000).]
Old 08-23-2000, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's see, our semesters go like so:

Fall--Sept 6th to Dec 13. Exams are Dec 15; 18-22

Winter--Jan ? to Apr ?. Exams start about 2 days after and last for a week. I was done w/ exams this past Winter by April 15th or so.

We have spring and summer terms in b/t that last 7 weeks each. Spring term starts about 3-4 days after the last exam in Winter term. You can take spring or summer or take both. So you get 14 weeks of material crammed into 7. It pretty much sucks. I just took summer classes for the first time and I've never been through material so fast in my life! Whew!
Old 08-23-2000, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

We start back on monday, the 28th. Most schools in Texas have already started. I don't know why we are a week off, but it has been that way for the last few semesters. Fall Graduation is only a week before christmas! ICK! We don't start back until the end of January. We finish about the middle of May. What suck about being a week off is that our spring break is off from everobody else in the state. We are only 4 hours from South Padre Island, so we can get there for the first good weekend, but the next full week sucks. No one is there. I wish to god the UT system offered Intersession. Would come in so handy. I could clean up in a hurry. I SO don't wanna go back. Am enjoing SLACKING
Old 08-24-2000, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan:
ZChi, don't feel bad, UBC doesn't start until the 5th, and my classes don't start until the 6th. Here's a question for everyone how long is your school year? At UBC we finish classes the 1st week of April and finish exams before the end of April. Which means I've been on holiday for over 4 months , but i have been working most of that time.

[This message has been edited by Siobhan (edited August 22, 2000).]
At LSU the Fall semseter runs from about the middle of August to the First week of December. Spring semester runs from the middle of January to the first week of May.(we take our last final exams the Saturdary before Mother's day(if you are so fortunate to have an exam scheduled that day)

between Spring semester and summer school we have what is called Intersession where you basically take a year's worth of class in 3 weeks. That happens a week after school lets out.

As soon as intersession ends then summer school starts.