GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,494
2 members and 2,492 guests
Cookiez17, oncegreek

Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusloves11 View Post
At least you didn't do what some people did one year at my university. There was one sorority without a house because of the lottery that the school had on their very small Greek Village and therefore people thought that they were "lower" than the others. On bid day some of the girls that received bids from them actually ripped up the bids IN FRONT of the sisters because they weren't their first choice and didn't want them.
Please tell me you're kidding! In front of them?

Congratulations, sugarberry!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-22-2012, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

So glad that you reconsidered and that your new sisters are so welcoming!

Congratulations!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

crescent moon!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

So sweet! I'm glad your sisters didn't give up on you and you gave them a second chance. Congratulations!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Sweet story! I bet you will be a great active sister and big sister in recruitment next spring.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Please tell me you're kidding! In front of them?

Congratulations, sugarberry!
Not kidding. I have a friend who was in the sorority at the time. I could have understood not accepting it or giving it a try and dropping out later in the process, but to tear it up in front of them was cold. I know from what my friend told me that people were appalled at their behavior.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Not kidding. I have a friend who was in the sorority at the time. I could have understood not accepting it or giving it a try and dropping out later in the process, but to tear it up in front of them was cold. I know from what my friend told me that people were appalled at their behavior.
This seems like an excellent way to make sure you never get another bid from any other group, ever.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Know what? I'm really pleased that you picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and carried on. Look what you'd have missed. And the fact that those young women came to your room, sought you out, reached out to you and you responded tells me that there is a powerful sisterhood in that chapter.

Wishing you a wonderful college experience and a lifetime of membership (if you choose to continue your involvement beyond college - and I hope you do!). Congratulations (and I'm so over the crescent moon cucumber trick you pulled on us <<<vbg>>>. I wanted it to be a Theta, I really did. I'm still a little irked, but something else will come along to replace it, I'm sure).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
At least you didn't do what some people did one year at my university. There was one sorority without a house because of the lottery that the school had on their very small Greek Village and therefore people thought that they were "lower" than the others. On bid day some of the girls that received bids from them actually ripped up the bids IN FRONT of the sisters because they weren't their first choice and didn't want them.

Glad that the story isn't over yet.
What did the sorority do with them? Keep them or terminate them?
Old 09-22-2012, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDCat View Post
What did the sorority do with them? Keep them or terminate them?
KDCat, I don't know what they did with them, but I know that the sisters that I knew, one of them being the recruitment chair, were pretty upset about it. I would think that the girls who ripped them up wouldn't come back or be embarrassed if they did. The funny part is that so many girls didn't like them because they didn't have a house and they ended up getting a house the next semester after a fraternity was kicked out of theirs.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
KDCat, I don't know what they did with them, but I know that the sisters that I knew, one of them being the recruitment chair, were pretty upset about it. I would think that the girls who ripped them up wouldn't come back or be embarrassed if they did. The funny part is that so many girls didn't like them because they didn't have a house and they ended up getting a house the next semester after a fraternity was kicked out of theirs.
Karma....
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

So, do we get to know what sorority did such a great job of turning an unenthusiastic new member into a full-blown, chapter loving sister or what?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

While I think sugarberry might be concerned that she will offended members of her sorority, I for one am not thinking like that.
We have read so many recruitment stories where the PNM didn't get her first choice, heck even her second choice, but her 3rd and it turned out to be the best house for her in the long run.
I really hope sugarberry will come back and share what house she is a member of. I for one would be proud to call her my sister.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt