GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Order
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,234
0 members and 2,234 guests
No Members online

Old 06-30-2006, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hazing Pledges

It's my understanding that hazing is no longer allowed. I don't advocate that, but when I was a pledge, we got hazed big time, one evening. The reason was that the actives realized that our pledge class was not a close-knit group--most of us didn't know each other's names. So they took us to a bare, dirt farm field, covered us with molassas and cornflakes. Threw eggs at us and made us run, or crawl our butts off. I won't kid you. It was rough, and you'll never believe how many stickers are in a farm field. I recall collapsing before our last finish line. I felt I just couldn't run another step. Then, an active got in my face and yelled, "Get up, Atcheson! Finish the run!" I responded, "I can't make it!" He came back with, "You HAVE to make it!" I got so angry, I got up and finished. To me, it was a life-altering event that has stayed with me all of my life. You can't imagine how many situations I've been in when EVERYONE felt there was not way to come out okay, or to win. But I've learned to stay in a fight until it's finished, and I've won many times when there looked like there was no hope. I thank the active chapter for that evening, and will never forget the adventure.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-30-2006, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow did it really take all that? I can remember an incident when I was on line and felt discouraged because the actives were picking on me and I didn't attend a meeting as a result. My line sisters came over to my house to see about me and to encourage me to stick with it and that is a true adventure that I will never forget- the bond of sisterhood!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Hazing Pledges

Hi Lady of Pearl (What a pretty handle). That's a good question. When it was all over with, all of the pledges were drawn together under hardship, and we respected one another's character. We didn't always see eye-to-eye in future meetings after we were initiated, but we damn sure respected and knew one another.

As for me, I suppose I'd never been tested, before. If you'd like to see some of the risks and rewards I've taken and received through my life, check me out at http://bullybaby.com I've lived many lives in one, and I'm grateful for that. I turned 61 years young today. I'm just grateful to be alive, after all I've been through. LOL
Dan
Old 02-09-2007, 05:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
I guess we all learn things differently. Guys especially. That's not to say that I've not known any girls who were hazed, but since I wasn't I can't relate.

Anyway, speaking of KA, the Gamma Rho chapter at ECU is undergoing membership review for a variety of reasons. Many people speculate it's largely because of hazing. Either way I think they're handling a difficult situation nobaly though, because they're trying to make things right. By no means am I saying I know the whole story either, like I said I'm just glad no matter what the whole situation is, that the chapter is doing something about it instead of doing nothing and getting kicked off campus.

An article in the university paper about it is HERE.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.