GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,027
2 members and 1,025 guests
FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

What MysticCat said is spot on. Now, as to your specific questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaSig123
My question is that after reading about me do you think I can find my niche in a frat?
You might find a niche in *a* fraternity. However, from what you have described about yourself and your personal views on this chapter, perhaps this chapter is not for you.

Quote:
Do you think maybe I'm just nervous because this is my first week and I should worry less?
I don't know if it is nerves or something else. Regardless, you should worry less. Or at least not over think it. If you are not a fit with the chapter, then so be it. It is as simple as that.

Quote:
Have you guys ever regretted offering someone a bid?
Personally, no. However, I have known those who have regretted bidding someone. Which is why some fraternities and/or chapters have a membership vote before a pledge is allowed to initiate.

Quote:
Should I know more people by now?
Not necessarily. Part of the pledge (new member) process is getting to know both your pledge brothers and the actives better. And for them to know you better.

Quote:
Does the frat really care about how many "outside" friends you have or "female" connections?
Some fraternities might care while other chapters may not.

Quote:
I mean I love all the brothers. They are all very cool/nice guys. I mean I tried to break up a fight with a brother and another guy. I got these guys backs. I love the house, the organization, everything. The only thing I'm worried about is if I fit in with them? I don't want to be like the only guy in the frat who doesn't get laid and get hell for it because I don't hook up with random sluts. Or I don't want to go to parties with these guys and feel like an outsider who they regret letting in.
It really is simple. If you are comfortable with the majority of your pledge brothers and the chapter, then you should consider staying and continue pledging. You may always drop prior to initiation. However, if you are not comfortable - nor do you anticipate any positive change in your comfort level - then you should drop.

Quote:
All I wanted to know was how a frat is like for new guys who don't know a lot of people yet.
It may be difficult at first for some guys to feel a connection. Yet for others, it is an easy fit from the get go. It really depends on the individual, the chapter, and the campus culture.

Best of luck to you.