GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,379
2 members and 2,377 guests
Cookiez17

Old 10-07-2004, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Running for Programs VP

Hi Ladies,

Granted it's reeeeeallly early to be thinking about this but I have decided that I really want to try for Programs VP in the upcoming elections. I have a couple ideas that I want to incorporate but I would love to hear some ideas/ good things that former PVPs have done.

I'm Activities Chair right now and feel that I have done a good job. Now I'm ready for bigger and better things!!

Any ideas are welcome
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-08-2004, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi! Good luck with the elections!

What kinds of things does your chapter need to work on w/ regard to programs? Attendance? Do people complain they're boring? Do you do the same subjects over and over again? Figure out how the programs can be improved, and then plan some ideas around that. I'm Programs Advisor for a local chapter and I might have some ideas that could help you, depending on what you need.

A few ideas:

1. Rose & Thorns - pass around a box (preferably one you've decorated!) during the meeting for sisters to put their rose or thorn in, and read them at the end of the meeting.

2. Askey Grant - don't forget you can apply for one of these! This provides a great opportunity for you to bring an excellent speaker to campus and hold a campus-wide event that will help with PR.

3. Find a cause, and promote it for a week! For example, have a breast cancer awareness week (assuming you don't have a ZTA chapter on your campus) and have something planned for each day.

4. Pair up w/ a fraternity or a sorority for a program. This will help w/ greek relations, and you'll get a program out of the way!

5. Hold an AZD trivia game before the start of each program, and give out prizes! This will get the girls excited about attending the programs, and everyone will have a much better learning experience.

6. Move it off campus! Have a picnic in the park or a pizza party while doing your program. Go to the Red Cross and do a CPR class. Get the girls out of their "comfort zone" and they'll have a better experience for it!

7. Seniors - ask a senior to present a program! Don't forget about faculty members as well!

Don't forget about your council members! Academic Achievement is one that sometimes gets overlooked -- you will be responsible for motivating the person that holds this office. Be sure to check w/ her for some great ideas that you two can work out prior to the elections.

New Member - she's on your council too! Coordinate a program w/ the NMOC that focuses on fraternity heritage, and you'll be serving the new members as much as the actives.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me for more ideas.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Xigirl332
I just served a year as programs and let me tell you it is one of the best postioins you can have. Just bringing across to your sisters during the election you williness to try new program ideas is going to help alot i dont want to say the idea over again but I read some great stuff on here and have used many of those same tactics. Trivia has become huge for me and I even have started founder facts of the week in all the bathrooms, just for fun to help people be prepared for trivia. (they get rewarded for peeing) anyway it is a great position..good luck..TFJ
Old 10-25-2004, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Sorry, quillogold, I'm gonna jack your thread for a minute...

I'm writing a letter of interest to our exec. on why I want to be/think I would be a good new member orientation chair. Any ideas that would help?
Old 11-08-2004, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

quillogold & bekibug -

How did elections turn out? Did you get the positions you were seeking?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
No, unfortunately, I did not. I can see why though--I'll be a senior, and the girl that got it will be a junior. It probably is better that someone closer in age to the next new member class and with not as heavy of a course load will be over that. I am going to try for an appointed position spring semester though, and possibly student recruiter too with the University.

*By not as heavy of a course load, I mean someone whose courses aren't so major-centered at that point. I know there are younger students taking more hours than I am right now!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps she's too shy to come tell us herself, but...

....Congratulations to quillogold on her new Programs VP position!

bekibug,

Sorry you didn't get your position. Perhaps you could help out as Assistant NewMOC?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AxiDwcu
I just recieved the programs vp for my chapter zeta eta for next year =). I love the ideas i saw and am very excited! if any one has any more, it would be really helpful!! thanks as always ladies~!