GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Sigma Tau
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,421
0 members and 1,421 guests
No Members online

Old 02-21-2005, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
House pictures!

Maybe y'all have seen the pretty thread in the Greek Life category called "House Pics"... let's start one here of just Alpha Tau houses! What does your house look like (or what does your favorite Alpha Sigma Tau house look like)?

We don't have sorority houses at my school, so I think it's so cool looking at all the pretty houses!
Old 02-21-2005, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

www.beloit.edu/~ast

you can see our house and some of the inside. There are no photos updated at this point. But most of the photos show us in the house. It is way cute, the alumnae group gave the actives some decorations this past weekend with their semesterly check-up. So the house looks great I'm told. If I can find some pics I'll post them.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Hey E! You have a pretty house and a very nice website!
Old 02-21-2005, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Aww thanks.
We used to have a TINY house that was so small we couldn't have chapter in, so we requested a transfer to one with better common areas and we totally lucked out. The Spanish Language house never really used their space and so they got booted to a different house with smaller common spaces and we got their old one and it was on Greek row. Three bathrooms, 4 singles, 3 doubles (one has a private bath), basement for stoarage, laundry, huge kitchen, living room and dinning/study room. It has been great to have such a fabulous space. I only wish I coulda lived there while I was in college. Oh well
Old 02-21-2005, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mmcline
We are the only sorority without a house on our campus and basically the only way we would ever get a house would be if one of the frats. had to close.

It would be great to have a house, but I doubt we will ever get a house, since admin. at our school has never given a straight answer about housing. We don't even have a floor anymore, we have 1 suite that is teeny tiny
Old 02-22-2005, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mmcline
... we have 1 suite that is teeny tiny
I liked the teeny tiny suite... it was almost like a second home!!! I remember the first time I came to visit Delta Pi and someone had locked the deadbolt and we had to call maintenance to come and help us (actually, Kimmie) break in through the window!

Anyway, back on subject, I think one of the prettiest AST houses is the Beta Xi chapter house...

www.sos.mtu.edu/ast/ click on House Tour...

Wow!!! The crest made of copper is so exquisite!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm bored at work. People don't cater much this time of year so...

http://web.njit.edu/%7East/chapter/house.html
beta upsilon

http://www.geocities.com/yorktaus/index0.html
Gamma Iota - I'm guessing that's their house, amazing website.

I think Beta Pi has a house too...
A lot of sites aren't working right now..recuritment perhaps?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to goddessnna Send a message via Yahoo to goddessnna
Actually, Beta Upsilon doesn't have a house. The law in Newark, New Jersey says that if more than a certain number of women live together in a house its considered a brothel and is illegal. Seriously.

Not that we would ever expect that they would enforce that law but actually real estate in the area is a little too steep for our chapter since we would have to buy the house ourselves, its not bought by the school or anything, so we can't do it right now unless some amazing alumnae help us find a property and chip in.

It's technically a bottom floor apartment which just so happens to have all sisters in residence and a lot of AST related decorations.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash... but I wanted to let yall know that I've just finished a website with pictures of various Alpha Sigma Tau houses. You can see it at http://alphasigmatauhouses.blogspot.com.

I'm working on pictures for houses of all the different panhellenic sororities- you can see all of the ones I have completed at the main page, http://sororityhousesindex.blogspot.com. Enjoy