GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,341
2 members and 2,339 guests
Cookiez17, flamboyanttree

Old 03-23-2004, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ALSO Marquette football definitely still rules.
Are ya KIDDING me?

LOL.

Come on down and visit your sisters sometime!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-23-2004, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GammaPhiBabe
Are ya KIDDING me?

LOL.

Come on down and visit your sisters sometime!
Oh it still does, 50 years later. We keep joking we can't have football now because there'd be nowhere to house all the new students who'd want to come here if we had it. We already pretend to be Notre Dame all the time anyway, so why not add football?
Old 03-23-2004, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I love this thread
Old 03-23-2004, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hottytoddy

Did anyone here know that Mississippi has more players in the NFL than any other state. And good ones to...Steve McNair, Brett Favre, Deuce McAllister...
Where did you come up with that? I think Florida(Miami, Florida State, UF) produces the most pros.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I think some of the perceptions here are a weeeeee bit off. But it's okay because the Northern Army is better.

And that's been proven.

Oh yea, bring up one little occurance where the south performed badly in. j/k

But actually not all of the south was beaten. We, Kentuckians, rode the fence all the way on being a neutral state!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UKDaisy
Oh yea, bring up one little occurance where the south performed badly in. j/k

But actually not all of the south was beaten. We, Kentuckians, rode the fence all the way on being a neutral state!!!!

You guys are like Switzerland. How is your chocolate?
Old 03-23-2004, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Devine... mix in a little bourbon and you have a fabulous treat... the bourbon ball!
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 03-23-2004, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cluey Send a message via Yahoo to Cluey
Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaDG
Actually, Cocky won best mascot in the nation. Cute puppy, though.
He may have won the Capitol One Mascot Challenge, but he competed against Hairy Dawg and not Uga.

Hairy Dawg = weirdo dressed up like a Bulldog
Uga = the real deal

A few years ago, Sports Illustrated did a whole story on the Uga lineage at UGA and rated him the #1 mascot. Uga also graced the cover of the issue, which was the first picture that I posted.

As far as hatred goes between SEC schools, I don't hate any school like I hate UF, but I think that comes from living in Florida. I have friends who are Auburn, LSU and Bama fans that I don't talk to until a couple weeks after the game is over because it's just too sore of a subject for one of us. With that said, I will always root for an SEC team if they are playing an out of conference opponent

Last edited by Cluey; 03-23-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Quote:
Originally posted by GtownGirl98
Okay no one has mentioned the best SEC yet... who has the best fans and most loyal fans... Who has the most SEC Championships... Who has the most NCAA Basketball National Championships... I mean come on people.... UK. Let us admit that UK should not have been the number one selection committee team but when it came down to who the favorite was... it was UK, just because we are UK.

ETA: We also have the best Cheerleaders in the world... again dominating the championships both at the collegiate level and on the high school level.
AHHHH!! I grew up being a HUGE Kentucky basketball fan! And I still pull for them unless they're playing us (and in that case it usually doesn't matter anyway cause our b-ball team usually isn't that great).

Kentucky cheerleading! I would've given my left leg to cheer at KY! I was a competitive HARD CORE cheerleader in HS and I had a few friends who ended up cheering there. It was like a dynasty until this year and they finally got beat after something like 8 years---?

Tennessee Women's basketball also has an excellent reputation. Head Coach Pat Summit is the most well-known womens coach in the country. I went to see Pearl Jam at Thompson Bowling Arena once and Eddie Vedder looked around and said "It doesn't take a genious to see tham women rule around here" or something like that.

YEA SEC!!
Old 03-23-2004, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I think some of the perceptions here are a weeeeee bit off. But it's okay because the Northern Army is better.
Better ? Maybe. Have more supplies and men? Definately.

Grant made the difference because before him becoming head of the army the North lost almost(notice i said almost) every major battle.

The North won yes. The South knows this and is glad to be apart of the United States. It's the Northerners that can't seem to get past it all and like to talk about they won.

Most the Army now is stationed in the South and West so go figure.

Oh and go SEC
Old 03-23-2004, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Quote:
Originally posted by madmax
Where did you come up with that? I think Florida(Miami, Florida State, UF) produces the most pros.
It was in Sports Illustrated or something. More players in the NFL are from Mississippi than any other state.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

ETA: We also have the best Cheerleaders in the world... again dominating the championships both at the collegiate level and on the high school level.
Also...the last time Kentucky Elite was beat was when I was in high school (Sr. Large all girl varsity allstars). And it was by my team... United Gators! Of course the next year they beat us
Old 03-23-2004, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bama_Alumna
I will say that I can't imagine having gone to Auburn... it's like a gigantic trailer park! But that's just my UA snobbery showing through. lol

LOL that's how we feel about Mississippi State! Althought we really don't hate state as much as we hate LSU!
Geaux to hell LSU!
Old 03-23-2004, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Bite Me SEC!

BS, SEC, who have had the Most Bowl Teams and the most in The March Madness than the Big 12?

Playboy picked My Gus Gorilla of MIAA Pittsburg State U, Kansas as one of the Top 10 Mascots of any School!

If Arkies hadnt been so stupid, they could have made it the Big 9, but went to the SEC and didnt do sqyat for years! Da! That was when you all were tuff!

IS, NC in SEC,????

Well Roy W. Bill Self, UKs, is in the sweet 16, and you are OUT!

Vanderbuilt, Star BB Kid is from Shawnee Mission SW, KC area! Nobody wanted him, all dumb asses!

Any SEC Teams still playing??? Not really sure, dont even know who they are!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-23-2004, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Okay no one has mentioned the best SEC yet... who has the best fans and most loyal fans... Who has the most SEC Championships... Who has the most NCAA Basketball National Championships... I mean come on people.... UK. Let us admit that UK should not have been the number one selection committee team but when it came down to who the favorite was... it was UK, just because we are UK.

Our fans travel worldwide to be at games... that is why we are known as the BIG BLUE NATION. That is also why at Sunday nights game, other teams fan's were cheering against UK.

As to the weather, I've been to 42 states and three countries, I've lived in 3 southern states and though I loved each state for something different...
Louisiana... the culture... Texas... the... (I'm drawing a blank, I'll figure something out...) and North Carolina... the green green beauty of the mountains.... But Kentucky is the best... we have mountains but not really over powering ones, we have the BLUEGRASS, we have all four seasons, that last just long enough to soak them all in and our summers aren't as hot as Texas and we get just enough snow to please me. We also have a saying... "If you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes, it will change." Like it did on Saturday... I spent the morning working in the garden (70 degree's outside) and by Sunday it was snowing.

Okay... I'll stop rambling about my favority SEC state.

I'll put aside my petty competitiveness to agree with you that you do have the best cheerleading. I used to watch ESPN when I was younger, and you just kinda knew that Kentucky was going to win.

And your basketball team is consistently good. Then again, we did beat you once this season, but we have a good team this season, anyway.

Some SEC love for ya.