GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,746
0 members and 2,746 guests
No Members online

Old 03-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Please forgive me for crashing, but I didn't know you all had minature pins, too! Actually, the ADPi pin you see from about 1980 on are all minis.

Leslie Anne, do you display your pins, or keep them in some sort of storage? I've promised my little sister's three (ahem - gorgeous!) daughters that, if they go ADPi, they can have their choice of my pins, but other than that, I'm not sure what to do with them. Any ideas?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Always happy to see you join a thread, Honey.

I had no idea ADPi pins are now mini. I'm curious about why that was done. We actually don't have minis anymore. I think they were common before they were standardized and we had an official jeweler.

I have most of my KD pins displayed in glass trays. Other items like vintage KD rings and pendants are in a glass case on velvet jeweler's displays. I'll admit I'm a little excessive about it.

How about doing a shadow box for your pins? Maybe with some nice azure blue fabric as the backdrop? You could hang it near your framed Alpha Delta Pi creed. (Of course, I don't know for sure that you have one but I'd put money on it. ) I'm considering moving mine into a shadow box so I can more easily see them.

ETA: Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like the newer ADPi pins I've seen have the clasped hands raised. Is this a new thing, an old thing that's come back???

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 03-13-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I know KD nationals now attempts to buy back pins, or at least that's what the CDC's we had told us. I love my friend's ZTA vintage pins but it's so hard to find KD ones!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nturner View Post
I know KD nationals now attempts to buy back pins, or at least that's what the CDC's we had told us.
Interesting. I had no idea. Time for me to call HQ and get the scoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nturner View Post
I love my friend's ZTA vintage pins but it's so hard to find KD ones!
That's because I've bought all of them.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump

There's a signed copy of Ordinary Miracles on eBay right now. No bids yet. $19.99 + shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300311233726

Old 07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Leslie Anne, were you the winner of the Rho Omega Phi pin that was on eBay last week? What a treasure that would be.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ YES!! I won the Rho Omega Phi!!!!!
It hasn't arrived yet but I'm SO excited about it. I was almost in disbelief as I was reading the seller's description. I knew that come hell or high water, I was getting that pin for my collection.

Now I have to go yearbook hunting. Whenever I get a chapter founder's pin or any rare pin I try to get a photograph of the original owner to display next to it. This one's gonna be a challenge. I love it though.

I hope I wasn't bidding against you for the pin. You can't tell these days who's bidding.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I would like to collect old KD things, but usually I just keep an eye out at antique shops and flea markets because I mostly need to put my pennies toward fixing up my fixer-upper of a house.

Your collection sounds like a great home for things, though. It'd make an interesting Angelos article, but possibly it'd lead to more competition for you. At least it'd be good to have pins and the like fall only into the hands of KDs.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
I hope I wasn't bidding against you for the pin. You can't tell these days who's bidding.
I always hate when a good item is posted about on here b/c if I'm watching it/bidding on it, I always feel like I'm going to be bidding against someone from here. Drives me crazy.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so excited! I just won a Lambda Chi Alpha pin for my son who was recently initiated. I know it's not a kd item, but just had to share and my husband rolls his eyes.... It's a 10 K pearl one, not as fancy as I wanted,(emeralds) but way under what I budgeted/expected because it was listed as a "pretty sorority pin" and photographed upside down and backward, so not really on the LXA radarscope. Christmas accomplished! (for one, anyway...)
Old 11-26-2009, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
I am so excited! I just won a Lambda Chi Alpha pin for my son who was recently initiated. I know it's not a kd item, but just had to share and my husband rolls his eyes.... It's a 10 K pearl one, not as fancy as I wanted,(emeralds) but way under what I budgeted/expected because it was listed as a "pretty sorority pin" and photographed upside down and backward, so not really on the LXA radarscope. Christmas accomplished! (for one, anyway...)

*crashing* I am so happy for you that you won that badge today I watched it - simply b/c I had a couple of Lambda Chi sweethearts when I was in college & I knew what it was immediately when I saw it. Pretty strange, how it was pictured and advertised. Still have the lavalier that I was given... but was not ever pinned, & had I been, the pin would have been returned b/c I didn't marry either one of the two that I dated. *back into my own lane, bye bye Lambda Chi & Kappa Delta!*

Last edited by AZTheta; 11-27-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: spelling! gah!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

AzTheta, you are always welcome here!

How funny that you were watching that one, too. I was just hoping that people looking for a lambda chi pin were taking the easy way out and not searching all the fraternal listings. I'm sure the person who thought they had it at 9.99 was disapointed, but my new initiate will be thrilled when he finds it in his stocking.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

There's a pin for sale on eBay now...If I weren't a poor college kid I would totally rescue it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAPPA-DELTA-soro...item56378167c2

I googled and found this...
http://www.fratpin.com/kappadelta.htm

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Last edited by xomanadaxo; 11-29-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old 12-02-2009, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Anyone know what this is?? They say it'd be perfect for stationary, but I'm pretty sure the badge can't be used for that. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAPPA-DELTA-Vint...item5632334e0f

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Wow, xomanadaxo, what a find! I've never seen a printer's block on ebay before. (Then again, I've never really looked for one.)