GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 937
0 members and 937 guests
No Members online

Old 04-06-2004, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Thread #1913 . . . for DELTAS only

1. Salute a Soror: Sorors are known for showing that good old Delta spirit every day. This is the thread where you can salute a soror just for being who she is, helping you, teaching you something new, hooking you up with some much needed information, etc.

2. DST Superlatives: Create a superlative for a soror.

3. DST, 1913-2013: We are 9 years away from DST's Centennial Celebration. Our sorority has made history and changed history for 91 glorious years. The sorors who frequent GC represent a wide range of Delta history. Some of us became Deltas at the height of the Civil Rights Movement while some of us met one of our beautiful 22 founders.

Our task is to create a cyber time capsule that represents Delta from her birth to her 100th centennial. Delta means something DIFFERENT to each of us on GC. This time capsule will represent DST on a personal, chapter, regional, national, and international level. Show Delta as it relates to the 5 Point Thrusts, past and present. Share pictures in your chapter archives or personal photos from past conventions and conferences and statewide meetings. Maybe someone has convention memorabilia to share with us. Maybe you have interesting articles about past chapter events or how your chapter came into existence. Share it all.

Delta has a lot of talent within its membership ranks. Use that talent. Submit photos. Create poems, songs, chants or new Delta art. Build a countdown to 100 years website. Submit as much as you want. I know we can easily have 100 submissions to the time capsule, so let's surpass that. We've done it before. Of course we cannot bury it, but it will be immortalized on GC.

**I just want to caution you that everything in this thread is to be done with Delta love towards our sorors and Greek love towards our family in the NPHC. In other words, if you create a new chant, there can be no dissing. Create one that brags on Delta without knocking anyone else down.**

P.S. Thanks y'all for waiting. I was waiting for one truly creative idea to spring forth. It came last Wednesday. I hope I did not disappoint.

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 05-03-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

see previous post for the thread topic
Old 05-06-2004, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Great topic!

Okay, this is going to take some thought. Will post soon.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Good Post

Hmm this sounds good i wonder why no one post? My reply will be up soon.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Good Post

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTinguished1
Hmm this sounds good i wonder why no one post? My reply will be up soon.
uh..probably cause no one wants to take the time to put the thought into it to actually give the question a legitimate answer...
Old 07-14-2004, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Good Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Love_Spell_6
uh..probably cause no one wants to take the time to put the thought into it to actually give the question a legitimate answer...
That and also the fact that this is a public board. Oh, the stories I could tell otherwise.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Good Post

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
That and also the fact that this is a public board. Oh, the stories I could tell otherwise.
i hear ya Soror!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Good Post

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
Oh True that, true that....
Old 07-16-2004, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 1913CrimsonQT
I wouldn't mind creating a web site which is compiled of everything in this thread.

I'll be back...I have to scan some pictures to contribute.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

This thread was not created with the intentions of exposing or revealing things that outsiders cannot see or know.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink I'm going to do mine in pieces

I want to salute an awesome soror in my family...

My aunt Katie is the greatest!!! She is the reason I wanted to be a Delta since i was about 9 years old. She is so giving, nurturing and sweet. When my grandmother went home to be with the Lord in 2000, my aunt became the family matriarch. She has held us down!!

She had been influencing me toward Delta for a really long time. She wanted me to be a Delta Debutante when I was in high school, even though it costs much $$$ and it was 250 miles away (the pageant is held in Houston and I grew up in Dallas). It wasn't until I got to college that she found out that I really did want to become a Delta. That's when it REALLY started!! Everything she gave me was red. She would buy me elephants and tell me to hide them. LOL!!!

It was so overwhelming for me when I saw her at my ceremony (even though she was lauging at the off-key singing). I cried and cried. It's so funny to hear her call me "soror neice." And when I crossed, she wanted me to know EVERY Delta in Houston!!!

I really made her proud when I joined her Alumnae chapter right after graduating. Holding hands with her and my cousin (her daughter) during ceremony is soooo cool. And she just smiled and smiled when she saw me working for the chapter. To show how proud she is of me, when dues were due in March, she paid mine!!! (and i'm shol' glad she did cuz i was struggling)

She truely embodies everything that Delta is. And sorors, you know how we say Delta doesn't make great women, great women make Delta. That is soooo true of my aunt. She does the most awesome things because that's the kind of person she is. Every Christmas, she throws a party where admission is food or clothes or other items to help a family in need. It's been so successful that this past Christmas, we were able to help 4 families!!

And even though she's a D.E.A.R. now, you best believe she's still crunk (it runs in the family). She lead a strut line in a heartbeat. Now, her "OO-OOP" may not sound like everyone else's and she aint that concerned about getting her fingers straight, but she'll kick off a strut anywhere, anytime.

If it were up to her, everyone would be a soror. For that reason, she's supporting my other aunt's efforts to join (my aunt had no interest until she went to the convention in Chicago). She's also pushing my sister...well, I am too.

She's just so wonderful!!! I love her! I love Delta!

I Stay Woke!!
Old 07-16-2004, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: I'm going to do mine in pieces

Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
I want to salute an awesome soror in my family...

My aunt Katie is the greatest!!! She is the reason I wanted to be a Delta since i was about 9 years old. She is so giving, nurturing and sweet. When my grandmother went home to be with the Lord in 2000, my aunt became the family matriarch. She has held us down!!

She had been influencing me toward Delta for a really long time. She wanted me to be a Delta Debutante when I was in high school, even though it costs much $$$ and it was 250 miles away (the pageant is held in Houston and I grew up in Dallas). It wasn't until I got to college that she found out that I really did want to become a Delta. That's when it REALLY started!! Everything she gave me was red. She would buy me elephants and tell me to hide them. LOL!!!

It was so overwhelming for me when I saw her at my ceremony (even though she was lauging at the off-key singing). I cried and cried. It's so funny to hear her call me "soror neice." And when I crossed, she wanted me to know EVERY Delta in Houston!!!

I really made her proud when I joined her Alumnae chapter right after graduating. Holding hands with her and my cousin (her daughter) during ceremony is soooo cool. And she just smiled and smiled when she saw me working for the chapter. To show how proud she is of me, when dues were due in March, she paid mine!!! (and i'm shol' glad she did cuz i was struggling)

She truely embodies everything that Delta is. And sorors, you know how we say Delta doesn't make great women, great women make Delta. That is soooo true of my aunt. She does the most awesome things because that's the kind of person she is. Every Christmas, she throws a party where admission is food or clothes or other items to help a family in need. It's been so successful that this past Christmas, we were able to help 4 families!!

And even though she's a D.E.A.R. now, you best believe she's still crunk (it runs in the family). She lead a strut line in a heartbeat. Now, her "OO-OOP" may not sound like everyone else's and she aint that concerned about getting her fingers straight, but she'll kick off a strut anywhere, anytime.

If it were up to her, everyone would be a soror. For that reason, she's supporting my other aunt's efforts to join (my aunt had no interest until she went to the convention in Chicago). She's also pushing my sister...well, I am too.

She's just so wonderful!!! I love her! I love Delta!
Beautiful soror...simply beautiful!
Old 07-16-2004, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
This thread was not created with the intentions of exposing or revealing things that outsiders cannot see or know.
Yeah, I know--I was just stalling for time . But there is a very interesting story about the initiation of my line that would be great for something like this except it isn't for public consumption. (And no it does not involve hazing--more about chapter politics.)
Old 07-20-2004, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

For my line...

L - Love
I - Intelligent
N - Noble
E - Educated (i'm so proud of yall--we gone have doctors, lawyers, pharmacists--yall are doing it!)

S - Sexy (we STARTED Sexy Zeta Sig BABY!!!!)
I - Illustrious
S - Spring 2002!!!
T - THIRTEEN S. O. S.!!!!
E - Eclectic
R - Red Hot!!!!
S - Survivors (they think they know...they have no idea!!)

I Stay Woke!!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Did you all forget about this thread? LOL

Here is another one that we can do. The 1913 things we love about Delta. Just number and contribute.

Soror MeezDiscreet, not sure how I missed it but I love your tribute to your Aunt Katie and the poem to your line sisters.

1913 Things We Love About Our Sorority

1. I love our 5 point thrust.