GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 964
0 members and 964 guests
No Members online

Old 12-02-2015, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Deltas Purchase Building

I am happy to share with the greek community that Delta Educational and Economic Development Foundation now owns a building. So proud of my chapter, KCMO Alumnae Chapter and my Sorors!! Enjoy the article!!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/busin...e47179195.html
Old 12-03-2015, 07:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! It looks like a lovely building!
Old 12-04-2015, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, very cool! I've never heard of an alumnae chapter purchasing a building before. I liked this opening line from the article, "The imposing Greek-columned Athenaeum clubhouse, built in 1914 for $50,000 by women who wanted a home for their literary club, has been sold to another women’s organization that prizes literacy." The plans for the building sound terrific. Congratulations!

True and Constant
Old 12-04-2015, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Possibly odd question, but will the facility be available for events? I'd love to see the Alumnae Panhellenic of KC have our scholarship banquet there sometime. Or one of my chapter's events. Sometimes it's good to mix up locations a bit.

Congratulations on taking over stewardship of such an iconic building!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DST39DIMES View Post
I am happy to share with the greek community that Delta Educational and Economic Development Foundation now owns a building. So proud of my chapter, KCMO Alumnae Chapter and my Sorors!! Enjoy the article!!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/busin...e47179195.html
Old 12-04-2015, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Wow, very cool! I've never heard of an alumnae chapter purchasing a building before.
Do you mean you've never heard of a purchase or never heard of them owning? At first I was gonna jump on you because I've known you online too long for you to not know about all the wonderful NPHC sorority chapter buildings.

But as I thought about it, all those buildings are way older than me, and I had to admit I've never heard of an actual transaction in my lifetime, save once or twice. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Possibly odd question, but will the facility be available for events? I'd love to see the Alumnae Panhellenic of KC have our scholarship banquet there sometime. Or one of my chapter's events. Sometimes it's good to mix up locations a bit.

Most NPHC orgs (usually sororities) that own buildings usually do rent them out--the intent is usually to ensure that the facility has at least some income. I would reach out as soon as possible. They may not have their permits/paperwork ready for rentals yet, but you definitely do want to make sure you're on their radar. Gamma Xi Phi already reached out to the Junior League of New Orleans for a summer 2017 event! We ain't playing! lol
Old 12-09-2015, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post

Yes the build is available for events. We will have forms available soon at this link: http://dstkcmo.org/delta-athenaeum/d...ation-request/