GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,485
2 members and 1,483 guests
LaneSig, Phrozen Sands

Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by OtterXO
I totally agree that a sex exclusivity discussion and a bf/gf discussion are two very different things. The boy and I had our sex exclusivity talk yesterday, but then all of a sudden he made a joke about me dating other guys...I was confused because I thought we were talking about not sleeping with other people and that's it. I wasn't planning on discussing ACTUAL exclusivity until waaaaaaaaay later on. Evidently he thinks they are the same thing. I'm in an exclusivity gray area....

This is where women are wrong and can't possibly understand men. If you're exclusively fucking then you're exclusively dating. Most men consider fucking only one girl to be the same as only dating one girl. Thats because, to many men, steady fucking=dating. If you don't want to exclusively date then don't put a "you can't sleep with other people but me" tag on it all.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Banned

Re: i need damage control

Quote:
Originally posted by PureGoldF2K1
Ok, Help. Guy i semi-dated/was totally into for a year got a girlfriend 2 months ago. I almost got over him, when a few weeks ago he started with the "i miss yous" "you're amazings" "cant wait to see yous" and "im breaking up w/ my girlfriend, ill let you know when it happens." Two days ago I got 2 separate messages from him saying they broke up. Me = semi stalker and had been looking up the chick on facebook, sees that she changed it to single. Then yesterday changed it back to relationship. Me= no patience and asked him if they were back together and then had to confess that i looked her up on facebook (ive never even met/seen this chick besides on facebook). He promptly puts up an away message saying that girls have too much time on their hands.

I know I'm the psycho here. What do I do to fix this because I've never gone crazy before! He didnt promise me anything when they broke up, but I dont want us to end our friendship on this note.

Also, I do see the irony that posting this on here means I'm even more psycho...but...you guys understand, right??

Hey, I'm cashmoney. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the crazy side of dating. There's nothing wrong with looking someone up on facebook. Thats not stalkerish. This is Stalkerish: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...hlight=stalker

Honestly, you just need to go have sex with someone. Trust me, you'll get over him. Go pick a guy up at a club or bar and tell him you want to have crazy drunk sex. Take as many shots as possible at the bar that night and bring him back to your house for a night so insane sex. You'll feel so much better in the morning.

And yea, if any of you are wondering....I'm still dealing with DGqueen17's bullshit.

Last edited by cashmoney; 04-27-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by PureGoldF2K1
i do believe over the past year, I have made every single dating mistake possible with one guy....maybe that means its all out of my system and I can be normal again??

It never gets all out of your system. But the more people you date the better you get at it and you finally realize what you want.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
This is where women are wrong and can't possibly understand men. If you're exclusively fucking then you're exclusively dating. Most men consider fucking only one girl to be the same as only dating one girl. Thats because, to many men, steady fucking=dating. If you don't want to exclusively date then don't put a "you can't sleep with other people but me" tag on it all.
Thank you for your wise advice... I don't necessarily want to date other people, I really like the boy and I also don't want him dating anyone else because of that. The thing is, the word "boyfriend" is scary and I would rather not use it for as long as possible. (remember my commitment issues? ) I think the boyfriend/girlfriend discussion is different than sex exclusivity...definitely. Bigger step or something.
Anyway, in my experience steady sex with one guy is not dating...it is consistent sex with one guy. I "dated" (I use the term loosely) a guy for about a year with sex exclusivity but we were definitely not dating exclusivily or at all really. Maybe it's different where I live but that's how I view it. I think my boy thinks like you do though.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: i need damage control

Quote:

And yea, if any of you are wondering....I'm still dealing with DGqueen17's bullshit.
what the hell? that's your bad my friend....and anyway, weren't you guys dating? hahaha
Old 04-27-2005, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate the whole exclusivity process song and dance. Sometimes I feel almost rude or whatever bringing it up... I'm actually debating of when/how I should bring it up with the current boy. I have no idea if he's dating anyone else. Honestly I don't see how he could have time... he travels every other week, and we do something at least one night every weekend and weeks that he's home something during the week. I've met several of his close friends, his best friend's entire family (they're like a second family to him), as well as his brother and brother's fiancee. I'd think that if he was dating someone else I wouldn't be meeting the important people in his life... And most everyone I meet has already heard about me and knows the basics, that i'm graduating law school, etc. Though I do get introduced as his "friend" lol, though he'll be holding my hand at the time or something so i'm obviously not just a friend. But it's only a couple weeks so i'm not so much concerned about the title of things (i've long since learned that's a pain in the ass thing to deal with that half the time isn't worth bringing up), i'm just concerned about the exclusivity. I think i'm just rambling here and talking myself through this, lol.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: i need damage control

Quote:
what the hell? that's your bad my friend....and anyway, weren't you guys dating? hahaha

Hahaha, nooooo. About as much as you and I are dating. Not at all.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
I hate the whole exclusivity process song and dance. Sometimes I feel almost rude or whatever bringing it up... I'm actually debating of when/how I should bring it up with the current boy. I have no idea if he's dating anyone else. Honestly I don't see how he could have time... he travels every other week, and we do something at least one night every weekend and weeks that he's home something during the week. I've met several of his close friends, his best friend's entire family (they're like a second family to him), as well as his brother and brother's fiancee. I'd think that if he was dating someone else I wouldn't be meeting the important people in his life... And most everyone I meet has already heard about me and knows the basics, that i'm graduating law school, etc. Though I do get introduced as his "friend" lol, though he'll be holding my hand at the time or something so i'm obviously not just a friend. But it's only a couple weeks so i'm not so much concerned about the title of things (i've long since learned that's a pain in the ass thing to deal with that half the time isn't worth bringing up), i'm just concerned about the exclusivity. I think i'm just rambling here and talking myself through this, lol.

I like the whole "friend" thing here....my great aunt did the same thing to me all the time. And this is Craig's "friend".
Old 04-27-2005, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: i need damage control

Quote:
Hahaha, nooooo. About as much as you and I are dating. Not at all.
Damn, so all the girls on here that I PM'd telling them we were dating...it was all lies???? hahaha...that chick is p-s-y-c-h-o. You can certainly pick 'em...
Old 04-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i need damage control

Quote:
Damn, so all the girls on here that I PM'd telling them we were dating...it was all lies???? hahaha...that chick is p-s-y-c-h-o. You can certainly pick 'em...

We could go along with it, at least the cyber sex was good. Hahaha, all girls are pyscho.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Ummm . . .

Last night = OMGWTF

no GOF though.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

This goes out to the H&A

I let my guard down,
How could I have been so dumb?
Her eyes were open?
I know I am not the one...
Old 04-28-2005, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: This goes out to the H&A

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I let my guard down,
How could I have been so dumb?
Her eyes were open?
I know I am not the one...
My playlist just went from that to Skee-Lo.

I wish I was like six foot nine so I could get with Leoshi
Even though she don't know me, I think she's really fine
You know I see her all the time, everywhere I go
and even in my dreams I can scheme of ways to make her mine

PS: I heard that prom night is the bomb night with the hood rats you can hold tight.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: This goes out to the H&A

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
My playlist just went from that to Skee-Lo.

I wish I was like six foot nine so I could get with Leoshi
Even though she don't know me, I think she's really fine
You know I see her all the time, everywhere I go
and even in my dreams I can scheme of ways to make her mine

PS: I heard that prom night is the bomb night with the hood rats you can hold tight.
That is like the second best song ever.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

This one's good too.

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
That is like the second best song ever.

We stay mad about ten minutes then it's like, back on the bike
to play hide and go get it with the younger hoes by the bungalows
-- then switch to playin' ding dong ditch
When that gets old and too cold to hack it
threw on a bomber jacket