GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,730
0 members and 1,730 guests
No Members online

Old 06-02-2000, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Thumbs down Has Anyone Noticed?

Has anyone noticed...

...that most of the people who post negative comments are unregistered? If they are so darn smart and so firm in their opinions, why don't they register and leave an email address?

...that the rest of the people who post negative comments are 'interests'? What makes them think that ANY of the organizations would want someone who is so negative?

...that there are positive topics on the board right now that haven't taken a nasty turn such as Quality vs. Quantity, and Before you post any negatives, read this!

Just some food for thought!

ZetaAce

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-02-2000, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

ZetaAce, I couldn't agree with you more.

Old 06-02-2000, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

You said it!
Old 06-02-2000, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Thumbs up

Amen!
Old 06-02-2000, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

preach on Sister!
Old 06-02-2000, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

While we're noticing things, I've noticed the "Greek History" post has gone almost without comment. I'm really interested what others, especially NPHC Greeks, think about it. Here's the link: http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/...ML/000367.html

------------------
Kelli
12-DN-94
SSU c/o 1997
Old 06-02-2000, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Preach on Soror...1,920% right...
Old 06-03-2000, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

ummmmmmmmm ms.zetaace what difference does it make if you are registered or not. I mean those that are registered could very well still be under a false name and have their e-mail under a false name just because this is the internet and it is not safe. But if it will make you feel better about anything that I say (since i am unregistred) I will gladly register just for you. I NOTICED that most that are registered are also greek probably because yall post in yall forums. This is the only forum I post in and you do not have to be registered for this so I never did it. I do not know if anyone elses reason but this is mine. If ANYONE wants my addy i do not have to be registered all they have to do is ask. Your right though alot of negative comments do come from "interests" so to speak but enuff of them come from people that CLAIM to be greek it is their negativity I would question. Since they are always "representing". I never say anything negative about any BGLOS that is because I respect them all to much to have any negative feelings and I know people from all of them well enough not to let any negative comments tarnish my view of them. The bad thing about the internet is that you do not know who is just a "interest" (as you put it) or who is really greek. So some of these unregistered people may already be greek and they are just posting here for fun or to start some shit. And some registered people may not really be greek. Or some of the "interest" that have said negative things may be someone you cross over into your sorority next year or any sorority because you do not REALLY know who they are. So unfortunatley someone can come here and trash a sorority or fraternity one day and be at rush the next. Right. That just my two cents since I am as of right now:"A UNREGISTERED PROSPECTIVE"
Old 06-03-2000, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Yep! Soror your observation is duely noted!

FYI
Prettygyrl...Your point is well taken. But I don't think you are part of the population my Soror had in mind.

The point is...folks are quick to scream and yell behind a closed door...but when you ask them to come to the front of the room and speak their piece...all gets quiet behind a veil of silence. Ya dig?

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!
Old 06-03-2000, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Hi Zeta Ace. You hit the nail on the head. I'd wondered if I was the only one that noticed this...

------------------
>>>"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised... Proverbs 31:29-30
Old 06-03-2000, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Okay look now I am registered!
Old 06-04-2000, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
prettygyrl- Don't register 'just for me' register for yourself. There are so many connections that you can make and things you can learn from the people on this board who are actually members of the organization you are interested in. Lord knows there are probably a lot of 'perps' on this board and there are plenty all over the internet. But I am also sure that there are plenty of people on this board who are card carrying, active, financial members of their organization. I know because I am one of them!

My post was not directed specifically at you or anyone else. MY point was that, even if a person registers with a fake email address, the simple fact is that they will probably still check it. People come in here and talk all this smack, but they know that they wouldn't walk up to a person and say the same trash they put up on this board to the person's face. People use the internet as a crutch to pretend they are sooo knowledgeable when they know they are really just wack! So I say to all the negative posters out there: Register and leave your real email address. Be Real!

ZetaAce
Old 06-04-2000, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with ZETACE,

How many posters, would you guess, were registered, but when it came down to speaking, they left an 'unregistered' message?
Perhaps they fear taking responsibility for their words and opinions..?
(not you prettygirl...)

------------------
Faced with the Divine, I was asked; "What one gift do you seek?"
I answered ever so meekly; "I seek Honor, Truth, Integrity, and Wisdom, yet those are four. How am I to choose?"
The answer came as a pounding whisper; "The four you seek are but one. I grant thee Compassion; for without it the four make none."
Author - me
Old 06-04-2000, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

This is all so true..it's amazing how those who have the negative comments never will actually listen to or alow you to reply to them