GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55

Old 01-26-2010, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

FIU Sororites

I want to rush at FIU but not about anything about the sororities, does anyone have any inside information on the sororities at FIU? I am also asking about stereotypes ... like if one group is know to be the 'party girls' or they dedicated themselves to community service ... things like that ... thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-26-2010, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndg04 View Post
I want to rush at FIU but not about anything about the sororities, does anyone have any inside information on the sororities at FIU? I am also asking about stereotypes ... like if one group is know to be the 'party girls' or they dedicated themselves to community service ... things like that ... thanks
Not gonna get that info here. Go through recruitment and form your own opinions.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No one here knows(or cares to talk about) stereotypes at FIU..go through recruitment with an open heart and mind and form your own opinions.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
http://www.fiu.edu/~greeks/pc.html

As far as stereotypes go, they're quickly changing.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
As a former FIU sorority girl, now alumna who is still very close to her chapter and served on the FIU Panhellenic only a few years ago, I recommend that you visit the websites (some are better than others so visit the national websites too) and then go through recruitment in the fall (which is a long time away). Most likely you will meet women in your classes or if you are involved on campus and gain more knowledge with time.

The stereotype are changing like crazy and I saw it coming from day 01. Don't buy into what fraternity guys say because they tend to keep "worshipping" the same chapters for what might have been valid reasons in the past, but really are like "wth are you doing-REALLY?!"? now. Tradition dies hard, but believe me it's dying...
That's just the bare bones truth.

BE YOURSELF so you can end up where you truly belong. That part typically sort itself out during recruitment (which is the point). Also, don't just want one or two chapters, but that's common sense.

Last edited by BabyPiNK_FL; 01-26-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Go through rush with an open mind and don't listen to stereotypes. Almost every sorority has girls that party or girls that are more dedicated to community service. Rank the sororites in which you can see yourself at, if you rank just by stereotypes, you will be disappointed.