GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,177
2 members and 1,175 guests
FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 06-05-2001, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to legacypbs Send a message via Yahoo to legacypbs
Question Black Greeks & White Greeks

What programs have worked the best on your yards to promote unity between NPHC and NPC organizations?
Old 06-05-2001, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
For the most part, my campus' BGLOs and IFC/NPC don't really "unite." Usually once a year, one of each org. gets together and does a philanthropy together though.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

hasn't THIS topic been discussed before?
Old 06-06-2001, 01:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
I guess our NPHC frats and NPC/IFC have always just gotten along and hung out. We had a mixer with Kappa Alpha Psi while I was in school and Omega Psi Phi, along with a white local frat, were our partners for some of Greek Week. It was great, because the Q's tried to teach the white girls how to step. You want to talk about pathetic?!? But we held our own by the end of the week, and they were totally awesome about it Besides, we really looked like a team with both of our groups colors being purple and gold.

------------------
Delta Phi Epsilon, Celebrating 84 years of Dedication, Pride and Excellence!
Old 06-06-2001, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:
hasn't THIS topic been discussed before?
She said it -- just for the record -- AXO Alum did not say it (*but she sure is shaking her head and laughing her a$$ off -- thanks for the pickup AKA2D)
Old 06-06-2001, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
You can start with Do GLO's and BGLO's work together on your campus? started by Kathy Alpha Gam on March 30,2001 (on page 7 if you are so inclined to scroll down and search the 30 pages on the Greek Life forum)

I'll be back later to find more

-------
SEARCH: It does a body good

[This message has been edited by prospectiverushee (edited June 06, 2001).]
Old 06-06-2001, 10:30 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum:
She said it -- just for the record -- AXO Alum did not say it (*but she sure is shaking her head and laughing her a$$ off -- thanks for the pickup AKA2D)
Lock down! Moderator! Lock down!
Old 06-06-2001, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

All right, I don't post a whole lot but I do read a lot of the posts...mostly do to the amount of time I have at work (shear computer boredom in the IT department). I agree that it's good to do a search, but on the other hand why does everyone always jump down someones throat when they don't? I'm not saying that we should let the board get cluttered up with a new topic about something discussed every week, but come on....I'd use a wee bit of tact, it goes a lot farther...

If I as new to the board and someone jumped on me first thing, I don't think I'd want to return... Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but cut a neophyte some slack....

Do unto others as you'd like others to do unto you.... now I've said my piece, the regulars who feel inclined may flame away....

And as for the topic at hand I think it's great whenever greek orgs get together, service, professional or social... We all share a common bond and we should enjoy it.

and to my brothers, In Hoc Signo Vinces.
Old 06-06-2001, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Sig624EI:
If I as new to the board and someone jumped on me first thing, I don't think I'd want to return... Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but cut a neophyte some slack....

Do unto others as you'd like others to do unto you.... now I've said my piece, the regulars who feel inclined may flame away....

I agree with you! I would imagine MOST topics (or a variation of them) have been discussed, some to the point at which the topic has been closed. It's RUDE to say the least to jump on someone who just posted their first post about doing a search. No offense, but I've noticed it's the same people who do it.

The issue of searches...I was doing one on "Southern Rush" today, and for some weird reason, it would not accept my queries. After cleaning out my cookies, I was able to enter a proper search. Has anyone given any thought to the possibility that people may be performing unsuccessful searches?
Old 06-07-2001, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
I'm not jumpping on anybody back about not doing a search. The topic was Black Greeks and White Greeks and what is done on various campus to promote unite.

I TOOK THE TIME and searched thur ALL of the Greek Life pages so that I could point the topic starter in the right direction of a thread that covers this same topic. (very politely I might add)

There are 3 more threads that might be of interest to the new topic starter: Bridging the Gap (which was started by Hootie on pg 14 on the Greek Life Forum) and Do NPC and NPHC sororities do stuff together (which was started by CutiePie2000 also on page 14 on the Greek Life Forum page. The last on is called DO GLO's and BGLO's show each other love(pg 15)

I'm trying to help the new people not jump on them. I know that GC can be overwhelming at first and I'n trying to help the new people as much as I can
[This message has been edited by prospectiverushee (edited June 07, 2001).]

Old 06-07-2001, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by prospectiverushee:
I'm not jumpping on anybody back about not doing a search. The topic was Black Greeks and White Greeks and what is done on various campus to promote unite.

I TOOK THE TIME and searched thur most of the Greek Life pages so that I could point the topic starter in the right direction of a thread that covers this same topic. (very politely I might add)

There are 2 more threads that might be of interest to the new topic starter: Bridging the Gap (which was started by Hootie on pg 14 on the Greek Life Forum) and Do NPC and NPHC sororities do stuff together (which was started by CutiePie2000 also on page 14 on the Greek Life Forum page.

JUST LIKE YOU TOOK THE TIME, WHY CAN'T OTHERS?

I say DO NOT respond to those threads that WE ALL know have been discussed many times over.

That's just my opinion.
Old 06-07-2001, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Yes, let's not respond to any thread that's been here before.... by that logic eventually everything will be discussed and there will be no new threads, just old threads with 1000's of responses. A greekchat history if you will...
But at least it will keep the regulars happy.

but that's just my opinion.....