GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,736
1 members and 1,735 guests
Cookiez17

Old 10-07-2014, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

My Country Music Recruitment Story

Hey everyone! I’m a long term lurker here on Greek Chat and since I went through recruitment at the beginning of this semester, I thought it would be a good idea to share my recruitment story!
A little background on me: I’m from the north and moved to the south for school. I go to a very small school in the south with a fairly relaxed Greek system. A pretty good percentage of our student body is Greek. I’d been planning on rushing since I was in high school, but I didn’t have any legacies in my family (my mother was a member of a local chapter at her university in the north). The few people I did know that were Greek were not members of any of the six sororities found on my campus. I decided to go into recruitment without any legacies or rec’s and hoped for the best. If you think you know where I might go to school, feel free to shoot me a PM! I’m interested to see where y’all think I’m from
I will identify each chapter by a country music artist. They will be listed in no particular order below:
Jason Aldean
Luke Bryan
Kacey Musgraves
Keith Urban
Kenney Chesney
Florida Georgia Line
Before recruitment, each sorority held a “Meet the Sisters” event. Here were my initial reactions of each chapter (I tried to keep my mind open as possible, but these events were kind of considered “Round 1” at my school).
Jason Aldean- I really liked this chapter. Many of the girls were in my major or similar majors. I already knew a few of the girls from orientation events and classes. Their philanthropy was something I really loved. I clicked with a few of the girls I talked to, but one of them didn’t seem to like me at all. I was really looking forward to seeing this chapter during recruitment.
Luke Bryan- These were the prettiest and smartest girls on campus. They had the highest GPA and always hit quota on bid day. Their philanthropy was my favorite of the bunch. During their events, these girls always ran up to me and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. I was in love with this sorority, but I was very nervous as they are known as the “top” house.
Kacey Musgraves- This house was fairly unremarkable during their “Meet the Sisters.” None of them approached PNMs and seemed kind of stand-offish. When I approached one and asked questions, the girl seemed very uninterested in helping me learn more about her sisterhood. I was hoping that they would try to more actively recruit girls once the week started.
Keith Urban- Based on their “Meet the Sisters,” it was evident that this house was somewhat divided. Half of the girls were scholarly, theater types, the other half more social girls. The chapter is the newest on campus (this is only their 4th year as an established chapter). I felt like I feel in between the two types of girls in the house so I considered this a good option for me.
Kenny Chesney- Every campus has one chapter. The chapter with a broad range of girls that just doesn’t seem to work. This was that chapter at my school. The girls seemed to really love each other, but they really didn’t seem to fit with my personality, especially when I approached them asking questions. They seemed nervous and taken back.
Florida Georgia Line- This chapter is the all-American girls. Their philanthropy is close to my heart. The student government president is also the president of this chapter. The girls were quiet at first, but once I started talking to them at their “Meet the Sisters,” I found that they were very sweet and personable. I was really excited to get to know them better.
I can’t wait to continue my story! Stay tuned!!

Last edited by KC_96; 10-07-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Looking forward to hearing more! Thanks for sharing your story!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

The night was finally here! I had been preparing for round one of rush for months. My rho gamma group consisted of 10 other girls. I was pretty sure my rho gamma was a Jason Aldean, but more on that later on in the story!

Kenny Chesney- I was happy this was my first house of the night because I wanted to get my nerves out on a chapter I wasn’t super attracted to. I was paired with another PNM this round that barely spoke. The first girl I talked to was so nervous that she could barely begin a conversation. I had to ask all of the questions to both of the girls. I talked to a total of four girls and I didn’t click with a single one. They were all terribly nervous, soft spoken, and seemed uninterested. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to go back.
Keith Urban- I talked to four girls in this house too. I clicked really well with two of them because we had similar interests. Both of the girls I clicked with told me they would “see me tomorrow.” I was worried about dirty rushing going on at my school so I took note of it and tried to shake it off. The other two girls were nice, but the conversations weren’t natural per say. In the middle of my last conversation I snapped my plastic up in half by accident. How embarrassing! I was pretty sure I would get an invite back.
Jason Aldean- I recognized so many of the Fall 13 pledge class girls and was so happy to see them. I was paired with the only Fall 13 pledge that I hadn’t met previously. She was stunningly pretty and I was really hopeful that we would hit it off. We stumbled through the conversation at first. One of the Fall 13 girls that I had a class with came to bring us water and said hello, but quickly left. After about 10 minutes of surface conversation, I was getting bored with the girl I was talking to. I was expecting the girls to switch out, but we had to keep talking. I finished my water and my voice got really dry again. I ended up coughing and having a hard time talking for the second half of the conversation. I walked out really upset because I wished I could have talked to more than one girl and wished I hadn’t had a coughing attack halfway through. In my heart I knew I was dropped from a house I really, really liked.
Florida-Georgia Line- This house was perfection. I clicked with every girl I talked to. We had a really deep conversation about their philanthropy because it was one that I had previously supported in high school. All of the girls were so nice and seemed really interested in my conversations. The president spoke to the group and told everyone about the national awards the chapter had recently won. I felt like this was the perfect place for me. When I left, the girl I connected with the most told me that she was “glad we had this talk.” I was really looking forward to my future in this chapter.
Kacey Musgraves- We had a little break before this chapter and I could feel myself getting tired. Nevertheless, I put on my best excited face and entered the chapter hopeful. We don’t have sorority houses on our campus so the parties were scattered around campus in random community rooms. The room this chapter had was very small and echoed a lot. I could barely hear any of the three girls I talked to. The first one kept apologizing because she couldn’t start a conversation. The second one I liked okay. The third one was a girl I had as my orientation leader during the first week of school, but I was never very close with her. My overall impression was “meh.” They still didn’t stand out amongst the others.
Luke Bryan- This. House. These girls were by far the most beautiful girls I had ever seen. I was paired with the director of PR for the sorority (I am a PR major so I thought that might have been intentional). The girl was nice, but we didn’t really connect deeply. She basically told me about her favorite events. The second girl I talked to was the director of photography for the sorority (I’m also I photographer. Not a coincidence). She was also from the same state as me so we really hit it off. This girl became my instant rush crush. I was really hoping to be called back!

I left the night on a high note. My best friend texted me that night and said that the girls from Luke Bryan asked about me because they hadn’t seen me yet. I took that as a good sign. I couldn’t wait for round two.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I am new and don't really post but wanted to say how much I am enjoying your story.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Out of the country music stars you picked, at least 2 of them are fraternity men!
Kenny Chesney is a Lambda Chi Alpha and Luke Bryan is a Sigma Chi.
(I don't know if the guys in Florida-Georgia Line were in a fraternity at Belmont University or if Jason Aldean was a member of any chapter at Truman State University, where those artists went to university.)
Old 10-10-2014, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Out of the country music stars you picked, at least 2 of them are fraternity men!
(I don't know if the guys in Florida-Georgia Line were in a fraternity at Belmont University or if Jason Aldean was a member of any chapter at Truman State University, where those artists went to university.)
Didn't know about Kenny, but I picked Luke for that reason (a few of my good friends are Sigma Chis up north). I don't think Jason was Greek, I'm not sure about FGL either!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

I love the theme, and I don't think we have had a country music theme before.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Looking forward to hearing more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYKAT View Post
I am new and don't really post but wanted to say how much I am enjoying your story.
Thank you both! I loved reading stories before my recruitment so I'm just helping the future PNMs out there! Stay tuned!!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I love the theme, and I don't think we have had a country music theme before.
Thanks! I was at a loss for a good theme so I just picked something I liked! Stay tuned for more!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm fairly certain Jason Aldean didn't go to Truman State. I know he performed there with his band, but I've never seen anything about him actually being enrolled there.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Luke Bryan's wife, Caroline, is an ADPi.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-11-2014, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

If this is a "retro" story (in that your recruitment has finished), please consider posting it all instead of dragging it out. Thank you.

We've had just way too many dragged out or never finished stories. Way too many.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 10-11-2014, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
^^ second the motion .. please, if your recruitment is finished, don't drag it out.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Please continue!