GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,501
2 members and 2,499 guests
John

Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Thanks. I didn't think it was this fall. Do they still own their original house?
Yes, as far as I know AChiO still owns their house, which is next door to the FIJI house and is currently being used as a dorm by the University. (Small fact .. the AChiO house was originally built for Phi Mu)

Last edited by AZ-AlphaXi; 07-06-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-07-2012, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes we still own the house. That is a blessing considering it would be VERY difficult to come to U of A without a house. I'm just hoping there is enough money to go in and do a complete face lift both inside and out. That old girl needs a little work done on her!

I'm VERY excited for the return of AXO down at U of A. I think the time is right for us and it will be great to have another Chapter here in AZ.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the replies! So based on everything do you guys think i should not go through recruitment? They said i can withdraw my application but I already paid $100 and they sent me that email after. Or maybe i should just go thru it and not get my hopes up?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAgirl View Post
Thank you for the replies! So based on everything do you guys think i should not go through recruitment? They said i can withdraw my application but I already paid $100 and they sent me that email after. Or maybe i should just go thru it and not get my hopes up?
They are offering to refund the $100?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

no they are not. It is non-refundable
Old 07-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

First let me add the qualifier that I am not familiar with this school's recruitment and I only know about its competitiveness from what I've read on Greek Chat. I am, however personally familiar with several other competitive recruitments and that's what I'll base my answer on.

My biggest concern would be that it's frequently much more difficult for a sophomore re-rusher to receive a bid than it is for a first time sophomore PNM. The chapters have had a chance to see and vote on you once. Some chapters may also have a once cut/always cut policy, even if you've fixed the things that got you cut the first time around. Also, even when you know you're likely to be cut for grades right off, that kind of massive rejection can eat at your soul. Recruitment is grueling under any circumstances and you'll need to be honest with yourself about whether you have it in you to go through it twice.

Waiting gives you a chance to not only boost your grades but to get involved and meet people who may be able to give you support within their chapters. There's also the possibility of joining the colony if it's a good fit for you and the organization, and colonies recruit all class standings so being a sophomore isn't as much of a handicap in that respect.

On the other hand, you'll lose your money and there's always the tiniest sliver of a chance someone might see beyond your grades.

I think you need to be honest with yourself about how you'll deal with it all.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Here's the statement from UofA Panhellenic

Academics are highly valued at the University of Arizona. A woman will likely be released from recruitment if she does not meet the minimum chapter GPA requirements. We encourage, but do not require, a 3.0 high school unweighted GPA to participate in recruitment.

Summer 2012 grades will not be factored into your individual GPA for recruitment purposes unless a woman is a returning UA student or has transferred from an accredited community college or university. If you are a returning UA student, or have transferred from an accredited community college or university, you must have the minimum required college transfer GPA. As a participant in recruitment, you will have your cumulative GPA verified through the University of Arizona enrollment system. The GPA listed on the recruitment registration information may be changed if there is discrepancy between your official transcript and your application.

Minimum Chapter GPA Requirements for Women Participating in Recruitment:
Minimum GPA # of Chapters
High School 3.0 11

College(24+credits) 3.0 1
2.85 1
2.75 7
2.7 1
2.5 1
Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
Yes we still own the house. That is a blessing considering it would be VERY difficult to come to U of A without a house. I'm just hoping there is enough money to go in and do a complete face lift both inside and out. That old girl needs a little work done on her!

I'm VERY excited for the return of AXO down at U of A. I think the time is right for us and it will be great to have another Chapter here in AZ.

I'm sure AXO already has the recolonization team in place. The DG recolonization team effort started in like 06, getting addresses and stuff and donations, but really took effect in 07 as the chapter was coming back in 08. We just didn't the house back to use until like May/June of 08.

FYI: the ADPi chapter at UA is the Delta Gamma chapter, hence why I just call my chapter DG. What I find even funnier is that it is the Delta Gamma chapter and Delta Gamma is across the street from us.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt