GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,843
1 members and 1,842 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-10-2011, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamomof2 View Post
Daughter had 7 parties. Two of which were awkward ones from Monday and today's parties helped turn that around. Definitely said it was a slap not to get invited back to two groups that she thought she had a connection and good rapport with.

She said that the crafts were fun and one in particular touched her heart. She has the last 2 parties tomorrow and has said that those two groups went well the first time and she could only see her view of them getting stronger.

On our other front her friend at Valdosta started her rush tonight with Philanthropy. There are 6 sororities at this school. So one night for each round. Last night they had a quick "kick-off" party where the sororities came in and sang a song for all the girls then left. Their Gamma Chi's explained everything to them about the week and then had a dinner for them. She said she never knew sitting down talking to someone could be so exhausting.
Thanks for the update! Best of luck to your daughter and her friend!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
OK how many people are going through recruitment/have daughters going through recruitment in this thread? It's been a long day so I want make sure I haven't missed anything:

PNMs:
wareagle
sdtennisgal
Aubie123

PNMs' Moms:
Auburnmom85
Gamomof2 (who is posting for 3 PNMs!)
Lavalier
FuturePNMmom

The Auburn thread is always entertaining cause there's so many people posting at once!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

lovespink88: OK how many people are going through recruitment/have daughters going through recruitment in this thread? It's been a long day so I want make sure I haven't missed anything:

PNMs:
wareagle
sdtennisgal
Aubie123

Oh, Lovespink88, how I WISH I was young enough to be a PNM (...and knowing everything I know now and making my current income). No, I was just offering some advice to our PNM Wareagle.

Sorry for the confusion there...
Old 08-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

NOOOOO, I would never want to have to rush again --even with what I know now! AU recruitment is forever burned into my brain all these years later!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Posting on 2 PNM's not 3.

2 parties today. Both went well. First party she talked the whole time with her person and they never made it to the craft. But it was just the two of them talking, no extra introductions. Hum?

Since she had 7 parties her list for skit invites that she submitted was the same. Now she'll see in the morning how many have her back again. She's gone to eat lunch with her pi chi group and then back to the room for a while. Surprise gift from her boyfriend should arrive today so that will put a smile on her face. He moved into his dorm yesterday at a different SEC school. Waiting to see if he decides to pledge. He's been approached during the summer but hasn't decided.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Will they get invitations tonight or in the morning?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

In the morning. My daughter said she is meeting her Pi Chi group at 7:15 am, but I think different groups set different times.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

good luck to all the auburn pnms.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually The daughter of a friend of mine is going through recruitment also - she is out of state as well. She has loved it so far - had a full schedule for philanthropy but is realistic enough to know there will be heavy cuts after this round. She did get all but one of her top five out of the twelve parties. It sounds like she had some really great girls rushing her - no awkward conversations at all. Carnation - she really liked Pi Phi!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

^^^
Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter really enjoyed the 3 parties she attended today. She is concerned about tomorrow's invites - as we found out this week that most of her rec's did not materialize - but we know for sure she has two! She really likes all of the girls - says "they are all so sweet and nice ! There are no "bad" sororities at Auburn". I completely agree!! Good luck to all the PNR's tomorrow - I'm hoping Wareagle lets us know how her day went.....
Old 08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Lavalier, you must be a travel agent...
Old 08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

^Definitely rooting for your daughter! I'm also anxious to see how Wareagle's day went. Today I went to Momma Goldberg's with some friends to grab a late bite to eat for lunch and we ran into some girls going through recruitment. Didn't really get into the whole recruitment thing, just some basics...but had terrific conversations with them. They all seemed very bright and genuine people, and yes, VERY pretty! It seems you can't really go wrong in terms of pledging a certain sorority.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

at all the hits this thread has already gotten!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Lavalier: I totally understand what you mean I am going to UF and recs are extremely important there too, and I have had a lot people tell me they would write me recs, so I sent them all of my information, and they never ended up returning my calls when I tried to follow up with them. So sadly I only have recs for half of the houses. Hopefully its enough to have a successful recruitment. As we know, it only takes one!