GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,138
2 members and 2,136 guests
3DGator, zashlytopo8836

Old 10-27-2003, 10:52 PM
cutiepatootie

Its not shamless plug time when someone ask you for advice and assistance with AI thank you very much!
BTW the ones making those comments have been assisting in this path and know the situation well so if we do any harmless ribbing like we did our deepest apologies.

Laura
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-28-2003, 12:04 AM

As SmartBlondeGphiB stated, almost all GLOs have strong alum chapters in the Chicago area, since Greek life is so strong in the midwest. To say one group would be more of a possibility than another simply because their HQ is there really doesn't make sense.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
No offense, but knowing Adrienne like I do, I don't think I have anything to apologize for.

Yes, AI is a mutual selection process. We know that. I can't -- and won't -- speak for anyone else, but I don't think that the post I made indicated that Adrienne was a shoe-in for Alpha Phi.

It was a good-natured nudge between two GC buddies. That's all. However, if the reaction makes the original poster uncomfortable, I'll delete my post if she asks me to.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Cool it, it's all right. I don't think Sistermadly was out of line, especially if she knows Adrienne. It would be a different story if this were a random PNM who came on here and everyone was like, "Pick myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sorority, it's the best!" but that's not what's going on so don't worry about it. It's not worth getting knickers in a twist over something that was said only half seriously.

By the way, Adrienne, I can understand your shock--that's a long way to move! I wish you luck.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

First off Addriene, sorry about the move! Moving sucks, 7 times in 7 years, non-military too!

PNAI is like a rush process, except, it is not a lot of people going through rush but one.

PNAI is a relative new thing to all of us. I know I have had PMs about NIC Orgaizations and dont really know the answer. But I have learned a lot on here to see what Soroitys are doing. It is still very new to some and some fight against it. Why, I do not have a clue. But, if there is a person so interested in My Organization, who has graduated and did not have a chance to become a member, I would be flattered.

They who were a little more Mature now, show and interest in My Fraternity Ideals and programs. Is that so wrong?

Every Man that We as My Chapter gave an (Honorary Initiation), which by the way, they do become full Brothers, for was someone who showed that there was the interest, and upon initiation, still worked for The Chapter and Fraternity!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 10-28-2003, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Gifts come in strange packages...

I can't imagine having to move that much -- that really sucks!

I also can't imagine going back to Square 1 again, but if you have the strength to do it, you're going to be BY FAR the most knowledgable woman when it comes to AI EVER. I *really* hope that things, for whatever reason, tumble into place this time!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Like SmartBlondeGPhiB said, that seems to be a pretty strong Greek area. I know DZ has 2 or 3 chapters there! (Why yes, we do AI. )
Old 10-31-2003, 11:06 AM
cutiepatootie

Dzhbrown bad girl ...heheheh the shameless plug police will come after you..... come join the bad side lol

laura
Old 10-31-2003, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepatootie
Dzhbrown bad girl ...heheheh the shameless plug police will come after you..... come join the bad side lol

laura
Oops, I actually didn't read the whole thread before I posted mine! I didn't realize that was a sensitive topic here! I just wanted to inform that we do indeed do AI! Sorry
Old 10-31-2003, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Not to worry!

This is LXAALUM and my thread! We are very nice guys, WE are Lambda Chis!

By The Way A, Still trying to push Good Luck towards you all the way!

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 10-31-2003 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Kids--

Thanx so much to everyone looking out for me. I think I'm going to write a novel about this journey one of these days.

OK, here's the latest. As of about Wednesday-ish, Chicago is on indefinite hold.

It turns out my better half has had some vision problems lately (double vision, specifically). As soon as he saw his PCP, he got hustled into a neuro-ophthamologist's office PDQ. Within 48 hours he was scanned w/ an MRI (initially they thought he had a tumor, aneurysm or MS)

The good news is, all of those very major, scary things are ruled out. The MRI was textbook normal. (Hey, he *has* a brain, that was good news itself! And somehow this genius managed to fall asleep during the very LOUD scan.)

The bad news is, we're in the realm of exotic autoimmune disorders and further tests should pick out which one, if that's the case. (Best case scenario is "s**t happens" and they just correct the eye alignment--not holding out for the longshot, tho.) Mr. Adrienne decided not to change insurance companies and jobs and cities before we solve this new problem. (Wise move, IMHO. When you live down the block from one of the top medical complexes on the planet, you don't take it for granted.)

So life is in one big holding pattern for our household. So anyone who wants to send over positive vibes and/or prayers to whatever diety you acknowledge, I'll be grateful.

I don't mean to be a downer, folks. Just keeping the crew up to date and sometimes that means everything isn't all roses.

{{{{{GC}}}}}
Adrienne
Old 11-01-2003, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my, I have prayed that the doctors would be able to discover the problem and find ways to correct it. I'm thinking of you both!

Did the doctor actually say that they were exclusively looking into the possibility of a rare condition?

A few years ago, my dad was reading the newspaper one Sunday morning when, all of a sudden, he couldn't see the upper left quadrant of the paper. That is, if he looked at a wall, the upper left section of his vision simply wasn't there. He called out to my mom, a registered nurse to come in. When she came in, he could only see her from the waist down. (?!!!) She drove him to the hosptial where he underwent lots of tests which came out normal. At the end of it all, his vision came back by itself and they concluded that he had experienced an "atypical migraine". This type of migraine is one that is not normal for whatever reason - in this case he did not feel a headache. Migraines are known for messing up vision.

A year or two later, I started having blurry vision, but my head didn't hurt or anything. I too had to go to a doctor to undergo all kinds of tests including an MRI (I didn't fall asleep!!) to check for brain tumors. My MRI came back completely normal. Guess what the doctor told me? He said that he believes I had an atypical migraine! Funny that, across two years and two doctors, my dad and I both had the same condition. I guess it's hereditary.

At any rate, I'm hoping that your husband could be experiencing something as simple as that.

Sending good wishes your way!

.....Kelly
Old 11-03-2003, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by adduncan
When you live down the block from one of the top medical complexes on the planet, you don't take it for granted
Sounds very wise to me.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with everything. I moved to Houston to go to school here because of the medical center. I am in the heart of it currently and it is definately a very wise decision to stay around here until you find out what is wrong. From what I have witnessed here, Houston is definately one of the best places to get sick in (that sounds bad but hopefully you know what I mean).
I moved here from the general Chicago area, and I miss it so much! Houston is great but there is just something about Chicago that will always make me want to move there.
Good luck and I hope everything turns out for the best!
Old 11-09-2003, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where old Sorority Girls go, pearls still included!!
Send a message via AIM to BadSquirrelBeta
Cool I just keep thinking that....

You have such a grand outlook--yes...things happen for a reason and I wish you all the luck when you get settled with your AI pursuits...no matter which groups you are interested in, let me know if I can help! I just keep thinking that you are moving to the land of the Blues Bros and I can't get the song out of my head...c'mon...baby don't you wanna go...sweet home Chicago!!

Take care and keep us informed!!!