GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,465
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, EmilOrtiz4
» Online Users: 2,477
1 members and 2,476 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 11-10-2002, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

A Phi Random

Okay ladies.It is very quiet on our board.I think we need our own random thread just to fire it up in here a bit.Hopefully the rest of you would like to play as well.

I am trying to find a seasonal job in the evening with no more than 15 or 20 hours.I have tried everywhere.I can't get there until 6 in the evening and unfortunately,that is not negotiable.Salary and days worked are but the time is not.I am getting burned out on filling out applications.
It is a beautiful fall day here in Kansas City.Sunny and 60. I think I am going to put the applications away and get outside.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-10-2002, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I work at Target right now and I think my shift would be one you are interested in. I go in at 6pm and usually work until 10-11pm. I only work 4 nights a week, so I usually get about 20-23 hours per week. If you cannot work anymore than 20 hours per week, perhaps they will only schedule you 3 nights a week. They are VERY flexible at Target. Starting pay is $5.15 per hour, but after 30 days, you move up to $6.00. Best of luck with your job search!!
Old 11-10-2002, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to go to work in about an hour and a half. I don't want to go! I'm seriously considering asking them to no longer schedule me on Sundays. I want to start going to church. Seeing as how I do not wake up early, evening mass is my only option. What do you all think? Should I tell I am no longer available on Sundays? I want to start going to mass again, but work is the only thing holding me back (other than sleeping in the morning). I'll probably be going to mass alone, so I'd rather stay away from the morning masses since they are the busiest.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Starting pay here in KC for Target is $7.You need to tell them to renegotiate if you don't make that yet.The Walmart down the street from them starts at $8.Wild horses couldn't drag me to work at Walmart.I would rather use a debt consolidation service.
I can't work more than 20 hours for tax purposes.If I work more than that I will end up paying taxes.If I keep it under 20 and claim zero,I will just about break even.
As for not working sundays,if you can afford to not work then tell them that you can't.Its the holidays.Go be with friends and family.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

$7? So you mean I am getting jipped?! Ahh, I knew Target was rather silly!!

Yeah, I am thinking about requesting off Sundays. I can work only four days a week.

Are you considering Target, since you know the pay and all? You can always put me down as a cousin who works for Target and maybe that'll help you win the position. But seriously, I know they are hiring a lot of people right now for seasonal. My store just hired 30 people for seasonal evening shifts.
Old 11-12-2002, 05:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I did apply at Target.The electronic application took forever.As for the pay scale,I overheard the cashiers talking about it one day.I can't go lower than $7 for a part time job.It wouldn't be worth it.
I also applied at 6 other places on Sunday,so we will see.
I also applied as a data entry clerk at the local branch of my library.It would be ideal for me.It is a mile down the street from my house.It is 2 days a week and every other saturday.That would rock if I could get that.The only drawback is being a city employee,I think I would only get paid once a month but I could live with that because the convienence outweighs anything else.

I was also able to finish most of my Christmas shopping this weekend.Woo Hoo.I have 1 more gift to buy.My nephew wants a Monty Python DVD.At least he has good taste. How about you?Have you started yet?
Old 11-12-2002, 09:58 AM
cutiepatootie

another place

I put myself thru college working for Wal Mart as a Cust Service Manager. I still go back from time to time during the holidays to make extra for christmas.
it seems all my family members have B'days in December and with my son Matthew's B'day in December I really use the extra money. It was a good job when i was in college, but know they call me or call them when they need help in the holidays.

The pay isn't the greatest though!

Laura
Old 11-12-2002, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi
I want to start going to church. Seeing as how I do not wake up early, evening mass is my only option. What do you all think? Should I tell I am no longer available on Sundays? I want to start going to mass again, but work is the only thing holding me back (other than sleeping in the morning). I'll probably be going to mass alone, so I'd rather stay away from the morning masses since they are the busiest.
Herm I think that is a great idea!!!! I think its the best thing that you can do for yourself. Do it herm!!!

aoe, ronnie...hermaneeta
Old 11-12-2002, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

MWG,

finished with shopping already!! What?? Ahh, I haven't even started. In fact, I haven't even started thinking of what to get for everyone!! Wow!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE LOVE LOVE shopping online.I don't have the patience to go to the mall,hunt for a parking space and then fight the crowds inside.However,when I do go to the mall,our Dillards,Nordstroms and Eddie Bauer are all very near each other.That at least is very convienent. As you can probably tell,I am all about convienence.
I do try to hit the mall a couple of times during the holiday season.I enjoy all the festive trappings.
Here in Kansas City we have an upscale outdoor mall called the Country Club Plaza and the entire area (4 blocks each way)are decorated with Christmas lights.Its beautiful,especially if it is snowing.
As for not having your shopping done,you should be thinking of school and not that.You will have plenty of time after finals to do your holiday shopping.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Shopping online gets me in trouble!!

I CANNOT wait for it to be the Christmas season! It already feels it in my house because my mom has been baking for the last week! My house smells yummmmy! Too bad I can't eat the cookies. My mouth will continue to water.

I didn't go to work today because I was sick. In fact, I'm still sick. I'm off on Saturday but they asked me to go in and make up my hours. I also work tomorrow (Friday) but I don't know if I'll be able to go in if I'm still sick. Ooooh, they're not going to like me if I don't go in!
Old 11-15-2002, 05:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Woo Hoo I think I found an evening job at Radio Shack.I will know for sure on Monday but it sounds promising.She can work with my schedule so I will do my best to work with her.
All the Help Wanted people just amazed me.People advertising nights and weekends need help during the day.One store had a help wanted sign but were in the middle of a hiring freeze.I put in an application at Kohl's and the personel manager was on vacation for two weeks.What kind of moron goes on vacation for two weeks during the busiest hiring and shopping season of the year.

I too am looking forward to the holidays.I bought the stuff to make green bean casserole but of course couldn't wait.So I will have to go buy all that stuff again.Thats okay though because it was really good.

Hope you feel better.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Ooooh, my mom makes greenbean casserole! Scrumptious!

An early congrats on the very promising job offer.

Thanks, I hope I feel better too.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner.How about you?
I know that I will be eating turkey for a week after wards but it doesn't matter. My sister in law makes a fabulous wild rice dish and THE best pumpkin bread ever.She bakes it in a coffee can.It is weird but the end result is wonderful and it is easy to slice since it has the ridges from the can.The one thing I don't like is Pumpkin pie.I don't care for the texture of the pie so I don't eat it.Fruit pies are about it for me.I am getting hungry just sitting here typing.Just two more weeks...
Old 11-15-2002, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Oooh, you had to bring up Thanksgiving! I LOVE Thanksgiving!! My mom is the best cook in the whole wide world!!! Mmmmm! I can't wait!! My mouth is watering, thanks.