GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,576
0 members and 1,576 guests
No Members online

Old 08-19-2013, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck Clemsongirl!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2013, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Update Numero Uno!

I went to Tiger Prowl today (basically the organization fair) and saw the tables the various sororities had set up. To my dismay, however, the tables were staffed by Pi Chis so I couldn't really talk to the members and get my face on their radar as well as learn anything about their sisterhood. I was a little disappointed that there weren't any affiliated sisters to talk to but I'm sure that I will be doing enough of that this upcoming week so it doesn't bother me too much

I just got a call from one of the Pi Chis reminding me that I'm signed up for sorority recruitment and when the events are, etc. I'm headed off to the pre-recruitment movie social in a little bit. I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Have fun at your movie!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

So the pre-recruitment movie social was just a screening of Easy A that started late because they were completely booked and had to put girls who hadn't already made the donation to get in on a waiting list while they waited to see whether everyone would show up. Hopefully orientation tomorrow will be a little better run!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Oh..I hope so too!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Orientation!!

Just got done with orientation! First we were herded into several lines to make check-in a little less crazy, then given recruitment t-shirts that are super cute. They have bows with each sorority's letters written underneath, and all the patterns are different but match (which is probably super profound and symbolic) Then we were again herded into the auditorium while the Pi Chis loudly cheered and chanted the sorority chants. Some of the chants referenced Clemson, which I thought was pretty cool, and the Pi Chis had also made their own song to the tune of that new Miley Cyrus song.

Next the Greek Life staff and Panhellenic Council introduced themselves before the Pi Chis performed a few skits with recruitment tips; how to dress, the five Bs to avoid talking about, being on time, etc. A lot of stuff I already knew from Greekchat (you ladies have awesome advice!), but I was still really happy that the information was given to every girl going through recruitment. My favorite line was about the Bible of the five Bs; "You can talk about the religious groups you're involved in, but remember that recruitment is not the place to convert". I also learned that the sororities expect new members this year to move into the sorority housing next year. I expected to live on the floor anyways but since some floors only hold 50 girls and quota will probably be over 64 this year I don't know if I'll be able to. We were also told that we'd receive our invitations for the next rounds at 6:15 AM in a parking lot because some girls in my group are off-campus, which is not super awesome but I will make do

We also got booklets to write our feelings about each group after each round. The theme of recruitment this year seems to be values; we were really encouraged to write down our own values and make sure that the sororities' values line up with our own, which I really liked. My top three values were friendship, kindness, and passion, so I really hope I find a group with those qualities that likes me!

After we split into Pi Chi groups my Pi Chi gave us all index cards and had us fill out our personal information. I felt bad for the girls who were asking if aunts qualified as legacies because I figured that they would know if their aunt qualified as a legacy if said aunt had filled out a rec and legacy form! There were 62 Pi Chis and I only knew for sure which sorority one of them was in (she's a Scorpio from one of my Spanish classes last year). I think I might have figured out which group my Pi Chi belongs to, but I'm keeping that to myself until Bid Day because I'm not sure if I'm right and I don't want to spoil it for the other 17 girls in my group.

On the whole, I am super excited for tomorrow!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like lots of fun! Excited to hear more
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Keep up the great attitude (and great story)!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Rooting for Capricorn. Only because I am one
Old 08-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

I almost did a spit take when I read "herded". It IS a lot like herding, or at least now I imagine how one would herd. Hope you have a good day.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Best wishes!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I heart your story! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Wait, so what are the five Bs to avoid? Bible... boys? Um... Bozo the Clown? I'm drawing a blank. (That's a B!)

Best of luck, by the way!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Bible, Boys, Bank, Booze, (the fifth one tends to change a bit, it often involves either politics or other illegal drugs. So Bush, 'Bama or Bud)

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-22-2013, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear how your first day went! I love reading your story, because I feel like we already know you!