GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465

Old 07-01-2013, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
People. People. People.

I keep on telling you: DON'T tell PNMs to clean up their social media. I LOVE discovering the naughty pix and bitchy convos on Facebook/Twitter/Etc.
We sorority women NEED to know this stuff about our PNMs.
KEEP THEM IN THE DARK, PLEASE!!
Not to worry we will probably still have the googly-eyed-duckface-selfie-with-shirtless-boyfriend profile shots to look at
In the SLIDESHOW
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-21-2013, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Just a reminder: Today is the last day to register at the current rate. The price goes up tomorrow, Monday, July 22nd. The cost is 85.00 if received/postmarked by today, Sunday, July 21st and goes up to 100.00 tomorrow. Here is the recruitment guide:

http://issuu.com/marilynr/docs/panhe...855211/3923627
Old 07-22-2013, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

This is a great introduction to rush! Can someone check out my thread regarding international students and sororities to help me out? http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...43#post2226743

xx
Old 07-25-2013, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
People. People. People.

I keep on telling you: DON'T tell PNMs to clean up their social media. I LOVE discovering the naughty pix and bitchy convos on Facebook/Twitter/Etc.
We sorority women NEED to know this stuff about our PNMs.
KEEP THEM IN THE DARK, PLEASE!!
That goes for the young ladies already in a sorority. Lots of PNMs are looking at the sororities too. Looking at social media this summer with the daughter and some of her "friends" who are in various sororities across the country - WOW. One would put Snooky in all her glory to shame. Ladies - wake up. The internet is forever and even if you delete a picture somebody else may have already taken a screen shot of you in all your inglorious drunkenness (is that a word?).
Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel it is just a matter of a year or two before chapters will start having Director's of Social Media who will report to the VP of Social Standards. These women would be in charge of updating chapter twitter accounts, FB accounts, instagram, etc and would be a report person for photos or posts that put the sorority in a poor light. Most chapters I am aware of have a "no alcohol picture policy" but that does not mean all pictures posted are in good taste.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapple View Post
I feel it is just a matter of a year or two before chapters will start having Director's of Social Media who will report to the VP of Social Standards. These women would be in charge of updating chapter twitter accounts, FB accounts, instagram, etc and would be a report person for photos or posts that put the sorority in a poor light. Most chapters I am aware of have a "no alcohol picture policy" but that does not mean all pictures posted are in good taste.
AMEN!!! If sororities do not already monitor member's FB & Twitter posts, they better start doing it.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
AMEN!!! If sororities do not already monitor member's FB & Twitter posts, they better start doing it.
Do you guys know how hard this is for a chapter of >200 women? Seriously, it is a full time job and no active(s) have the time to devote to monitoring accounts. What usually happens is that the really egregious posts/posters get called out by their sisters. Most FBs are clean, and that speaks well to the chapters. BUT there are those wacked out twitter/instagram/vine/whatever posters, who just don't get it.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapple View Post
Our chapter actually has one (though she reports to VP Communications not Social Standards), but she only does the bolded. I have heard of other chapters who do have people that check out everyone's FBs but I'm not sure exactly what their policy is on how to notify members of taking things down and how that is handled.

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I find it interesting how, for recruitment week, some schools *STILL* don't have all their Actives' facebook pages deactivated. My school was incredibly adamant about deactivation, and I'm pretty sure we did it for two full weeks (work week & then rush until like Noon on Bid Day).

Did you all have to deactivate? It was always so cute to see all the posts when you log back in and re-activate your account, and all of your friends who might not be involved with the Greek system are all like "we thought you died!" and tons of facebook boyfriend/girlfriend relationships are temporarily brought back to "single"... hahaha

ΔΔΔ

$15 Million in 5 Years for St. Jude
Old 07-25-2013, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyanchored View Post
Our chapter actually has one (though she reports to VP Communications not Social Standards), but she only does the bolded. I have heard of other chapters who do have people that check out everyone's FBs but I'm not sure exactly what their policy is on how to notify members of taking things down and how that is handled.
Our chapter has one as well. They also go through Facebook posts
Old 07-26-2013, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

I have known of the executive officers monitoring Facebook, Twitter, etc. The chapter is divided up between the ex. officers, and they take care of business.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I found this blog today which is sponsored by one of the sorority stores in Austin. It appears that it could be helpful to new PNM's!
Registration is now over 1100, which is slightly over last year. I believe that registration closes this coming Monday, August 12th.

http://sororitysource.tumblr.com/
Old 08-07-2013, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I have known of the executive officers monitoring Facebook, Twitter, etc. The chapter is divided up between the ex. officers, and they take care of business.
The chapter I help advise does this. They have a pseudonym FB user name who will reply to posts that are inappropriate, as a way to notify the member without obviously alerting non-members who may see the post. This has actually been a good deterrent...we don't have a big problem with this.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
The chapter I help advise does this. They have a pseudonym FB user name who will reply to posts that are inappropriate, as a way to notify the member without obviously alerting non-members who may see the post. This has actually been a good deterrent...we don't have a big problem with this.
I love how fake names keep having new things to do as our world changes...from deterring guys in bars to telling Sister Sondra to stop acting like a damn hobag. LOL
Old 08-07-2013, 05:07 PM

I was an active sorority member when FB first started.

I can say that over the years, chapters have gotten SO MUCH BETTER at self-monitoring their own FB for appropriateness (or at least in making sure that anything inappropriate is set so that the whole world doesn't see.) I'm sure the increase in privacy settings and such has helped, too.

Very rarely do I have to have the "inappropriate stuff on FB" convo. When I do, it's usually someone who is a younger member.

Lakers Nation.