GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 299,031
Threads: 114,176
Welcome to our newest member, pressembur

Old 09-23-2005, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
My friend goes to University of Maryland and knows a girl who posed for one of Playboy's college issues. She was terminated from her sorority- not sure which one it was though.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
Say What?

Rudey, I think We Were Insulted?

valkyrie, Trying to figure out What You attempt at EARPSPEAK was All About?
Tom, my point was that all generalizations, including this one, are inaccurate, and that generalizing an entire organization based on characteristics of one person is ridiculous.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Tom, my point was that all generalizations, including this one, are inaccurate, and that generalizing an entire organization based on characteristics of one person is ridiculous.
I think James was having a fantasy, not making a generalization.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WVU alpha phi
My friend goes to University of Maryland and knows a girl who posed for one of Playboy's college issues. She was terminated from her sorority- not sure which one it was though.
Why must one be so cruel?
Old 09-23-2005, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

She looks like a cross between Tara Reid and Ali Larter
Old 09-23-2005, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
I think James was having a fantasy, not making a generalization.
LOL, ew.

I think it's über-lame to terminate somebody's sorority membership for something like appearing in Playboy.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

What about for being pregnant? It's been done before....and it's all a part of LIFE.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by axidgl
What about for being pregnant? It's been done before....and it's all a part of LIFE.
whoa, some girls have gotten dumped for getting pregnant? And when I mean dumped, I mean by a sorority not by the babies daddy.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:37 PM
PoohsHoneyBee

has anyone seen the show the girls next door, it's pretty interesting living with three girlfriends... my favorite girlfriend is kendra, cause she likes baseball
Old 09-23-2005, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
Famous lies:

"I only buy it to read the interviews."
Actually, as a journalism major, we're encouraged to read their Q and A articles as they are considered the best Q A interviews published.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul
Actually, as a journalism major, we're encouraged to read their Q and A articles as they are considered the best Q A interviews published.
That's absolutely true -- really outstanding. But try convincing your mother/girlfriend/sister/wife that when you're 18.

They really are great interviews, though.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Maybe.

But as far as generalizations go, viewing Delta Gamma's place in the sorority hierarchy as a predominantly vivacious, intellegent and extremely good looking group . . . just doesn't seem as bad as thinking Lambda Chis post idiotic things on the net . . .

You have to admit there are a lot of good looking DGs represented on Greekchat.

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
That makes about as much sense as saying "If all Lambda Chis post such idiotic things on the internet..."
Old 09-25-2005, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WVU alpha phi
That happened with one of our pledges in the Girls of the Big East issue. She was terminated also.

Really though, the way she posed you could only see about 1/2 of one of her breasts and she wasn't well endowed to begin with. So I didn't really understand what the fuss was about.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
That happened with one of our pledges in the Girls of the Big East issue. She was terminated also.

Really though, the way she posed you could only see about 1/2 of one of her breasts and she wasn't well endowed to begin with. So I didn't really understand what the fuss was about.
Sort of same thing with my chapter, although I don't know if the girl ever went through with it or not as she dropped out pretty soon after that. She was picked to be in the "Girls of the SEC" thing, but Exec told her that if she did it, she could pretty much kiss her membership goodbye. Funny thing, I thought this particular girl was an odd choice for Playboy--she was pretty average-looking and didn't have big boobs--but maybe they were going for diversity?
Old 09-25-2005, 04:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Maybe.

But as far as generalizations go, viewing Delta Gamma's place in the sorority hierarchy as a predominantly vivacious, intellegent and extremely good looking group . . . just doesn't seem as bad as thinking Lambda Chis post idiotic things on the net . . .

You have to admit there are a lot of good looking DGs represented on Greekchat.
Only if you count DGQueen.

Okay, I'm going to hell.