GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,380
3 members and 2,377 guests
oncegreek, Pinkmagnolia921, Xidelt

Old 07-05-2003, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb sign ideas

Hey guys!
I was wondering if I could please get some opinions from my fellow greeks! I am going to be a recruitment counselor for rush this fall at a fairly large university. The night that rush kicks off, each counselor hangs a sign outside of the rushee's door to help get her pumped for rush.
In the past the signs have been ice cream cones with each flavor having a different sorority's letters on it, and stacked high, or a clothes line with t-shirts that each have letters on it. Basically, I have to represent all 9 sororities in one unite way. One popular way is having a flower with 9 petals and then the phrase is something about "picking" the right one for you.
I wanted to do something beachy/vacation like, such as a palm tree with coconuts, or maybe flip flops....but I am lost for phrases to accompany them. The signes are fairly large and are made of colored paper cut and pasted together.
If anyone has seen or can think of any cute phrases please help me out...and then maybe I can get started on the 30 I have to make! Thanks for your help!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-05-2003, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
For the flip flops it could be a phrase about "finding the right fit".

or the coconuts could be something like "they're gonna go nuts over you" or something...I'll try to think of more...
Old 07-06-2003, 11:10 AM

ok perhaps this is boarderline corny, but heres something in the planning stage (its still a little early for me to think)

if you have beach blankets on the poster, and put the letters on 9 blankets, you can say something like 'find your way through the beach blanket maze' (find your sisters/home throw the maze?? btw- where is your school? i'm only asking b/c i'm an east coast girl, and i deffinately know all about trying to find someone in a maze of the beach, but when i have family from the mid west come in and i say that phrase, i get a funny look. so it might not fly if your some place where not many people have been to the beach)

or if you want to keep with a beach theme, but add some water, you can stick some fish in the water and say something like, theres many fish in the sea, but only 3 letters for me' (if you have sororities with 2 letters, you could say a few)

i think i like the blanket one better. but i will think of more. this is a FABOULOUS idea; i think i'm going to try it for our formal recruitment.

just a question- do all of your PNM live on campus? what do you do if someone lives off campus?
Old 07-06-2003, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
My suggestion is to make the people who are holding hands...where you fold a piece of paper up cut out a person and then when you unfold it there are multiple people. Then do the "No matter the letter were all greek together." I am always a fan of that...But then again on my campus we made a shirt of that too for everyone for a sisterhood week that our campus's panhelenic set up.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks for all your help!

Thanks for all the great ideas guys...and keep em coming! Just to answer the few questions...I go to Clemson University and about 600 girls go through rush at my school too. We then break them up into "rush groups" which are composed of about 10-30 girls each. Each counselor is in charge of a group.
Most of the PNMs live on campus because they are freshman. There are a few sophomores however, that rush and may live off campus. Usually the off campus girls are all in one group, because they girls are grouped according to where they are living.
If you have any more ideas/suggestions please fill me in!!! Thanks for all your help!
Old 07-06-2003, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
more ideas...you could do a "have a blast" them and have each sororities letters and then fireworks shooting out from them in each sorority's colors...

Austin Powers isn't new anymore but I think it would be cute to do "Which one is your bag, baby?" and have cute little handbag cutouts in the sorority colors with their letters on them.

I'll keep thinking.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I just went through rush last year and my recruitment counselor made each of us a palmetto tree and the trunk had all the sororities greek letters on it with our name at the top. the moon said "recruitment 2002". some variation of that might be cute esp being in south carolina.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

cutigerpawchick--
I'm going to be a pi chi this fall at Clemson, too! I think I've decided to make ladybugs and use the phrase "where will you find your spot."
I've also seen some really cute little tank top/t-shirt ones that are hanging on a clothesline that reads "Where will you hang?"
Old 07-07-2003, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

beach blanket bingo?
birds? find your nest
real estate signs? find your home
flowers? be a part of the bouquet
it's monday the brain's only going half speed
Old 07-07-2003, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
A starry sky: "When You Wish Upon A Star..." or "You're Gonna Be A Star!"

Surfer girls or surfboards: "Catch The Next Wave!"

Sandcastles: "Where Will You Build Your Castle?"

Pails & shovels: "Can You Dig It?"

Sunglasses: "Your Future's So Bright, You've Gotta Wear Shades!"

VW Bugs: "Sisters Wanted!"
Old 07-07-2003, 03:24 PM

Those all sound really nice. I just dislike ones that say:
"There are those who are <insert sorority name here>'s and those that WISH they were" which always kind of rubbed me the wrong way and is kind of snotty!

There's cute ones here:
www.sororitees.com
Old 07-07-2003, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

CUSOUTHERNBELLE-
thanks for the tip...but that is what my sorority uses for its big day signs...and I dont want to give anything away.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks for all the great ideas! I think I want to try to do something beachy though...and it is tough! Much like cusouthernbelle I was going to do a dalmation and have it say "find your spot" or something like that....but the dalmation is going to be WAY too hard to do!
I cant wait for rush and to get my group...I am real excited and it sounds like you had fun, too!
Old 07-13-2003, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meridionaleDG
When they arrive, you can give them a lei - and then do the beach towel thing with "Where will you lie?" and then all the sorority letters listed under it.

You could also do seashells and do something like "Where do you sea yourself?" And then in all the little seashells put the names of the sororities.

Hm - what else, maybe have a huge splash of water and put "Where will you make a splash?" or "Make a splash!"

Sorry, I am bad at these things. hahahhaa
Old 07-13-2003, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, can I just say I'm so jealous! I wish my school gave all the PNMs a sign, or a t-shirt with the payment. How fun!

Hope your sign turns out great!