GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,150
1 members and 1,149 guests
Low D Flat

Old 06-26-2009, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation I Await the Ignorance... But I Know This Will Reach Someone Who Remembers...

You guys are A$$HOLES.

Seriously, I hope you lame a$$es find solace in entertaining yourselves with people trying to get information from you, and you just spit in their faces... You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!

You have potential members on here... people who you NEED for this greek tradition to continue, and you make yourselves and your organizations look bad when you mock and harass people.

What happened to that sisterly and brotherly attitude that you are supposed to have? The helpful and assistant demeanor that is supposed to be the guiding light of your orgs? Or, do you only believe you have to respect people with letters? Tell me, are the people you serve out in the community any LESS important or less HUMAN than you are?

THIS IS a community service, to aid people with what you have gone through. They have the same questions you had before you were greek. Why can't anyone on here seem to realize that? it's one thing to just ignore someone's question, which I have seen. But to waste your time to criticize someone who wants to JOIN YOUR RANKS is just mindless.

If you want quality, knowledgable people, you are going to have to deal with QUESTIONS. No one goes out and buys something or invests time into something without attempting to have their fears calmed and their hopes assured that they are going to make the right choice, especially something as masked as greek life.

So I hope greeks on here remember the time, the time when they were scared, questionable, and anxious non-greeks, who honestly searched for brother/sister-hood and understand that the questions posed on here are, for the most part, legitimate, and deserve a respectful and guiding answer. I know, for at least the BGLOs, that this mission (to serve the community with dignity and respect for all people) should be the staple of your lives. This should be exercised whether in real life or the digital community.

***This message is not for people who genuinely answer questions and understand the worries of the non-greek. Thank you for educating the members and guests on this website.***

Last edited by JustThinking; 06-26-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThinking View Post
You guys are A$$HOLES.

Seriously, I hope you lame a$$es find solace in entertaining yourselves with people trying to get information from you, and you just spit in their faces... You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!

You have potential members on here... people who you NEED for this greek tradition to continue, and you make yourselves and your organizations look bad when you mock and harass people.

What happened to that sisterly and brotherly attitude that you are supposed to have? The helpful and assistant demeanor that is supposed to be the guiding light of your orgs? Or, do you only believe you have to respect people with letters? Tell me, are the people you serve out in the community any LESS important or less HUMAN than you are?

THIS IS a community service, to aid people with what you have gone through. They have the same questions you had before you were greek. Why can't anyone on here seem to realize that? it's one thing to just ignore someone's question, which I have seen. But to waste your time to criticize someone who wants to JOIN YOUR RANKS is just mindless.

If you want quality, knowledgable people, you are going to have to deal with QUESTIONS. No one goes out and buys something or invests time into something without attempting to have their fears calmed and their hopes assured that they are going to make the right choice, especially something as masked as greek life.

So I hope greeks on here remember the time, the time when they were scared, questionable, and anxious non-greeks, who honestly searched for brother/sister-hood and understand that the questions posed on here are, for the most part, legitimate, and deserve a respectful and guiding answer. I know, for at least the BGLOs, that this mission (to serve the community with dignity and respect for all people) should be the staple of your lives. This should be exercised hether in real life or the digital community.

***This message is not for people who genuinely answer questions and understand the worries of the non-greek. Thank you for educating the members and guests on this website.***

So, apparently, advising people to get off the internet and actually ask people they KNOW in a particular sorority is me being mean.

You know, back before I knew GC existed, I had to do the same thing (as did most of the people on this site.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Banned

JustThinking did a lot there and, once again, shined light on the dark side of Greekdom. Woohoo.

If she/he thought as much as she/he claims, he/she would have figured all of this out already.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

So, apparently, advising people to get off the internet and actually ask people they KNOW in a particular sorority is me being mean.

You know, back before I knew GC existed, I had to do the same thing (as did most of the people on this site.

I UNDERSTAND this, but seriously, what if they do not know anyone?
And, now that GC DOES exist, do you really think that it exists for the purpose of downing people who really want to be this-or-that? Can't GC be an outlet for those who are unsure about joining greek life and want a place where they can be anonymous and get their questions answered?

And would you PERSONALLY feel better downing a person like the rest, or knowing you helped someone make an informed decision about a "major thing" in their lives?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

You just don't understand the worries of the nonGreek. The nonGreek didn't exist before the internet existed. The nonGreek didn't exist before GC existed. The nonGreek is a new phenomenon created via evolution.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Nicca, who are you and where are you from?

Quote:
You guys are A$$HOLES.

So I hope greeks on here remember the time, the time when they were scared, questionable, and anxious non-greeks, who honestly searched for brother/sister-hood and understand that the questions posed on here are, for the most part, legitimate, and deserve a respectful and guiding answer. I know, for at least the BGLOs, that this mission (to serve the community with dignity and respect for all people) should be the staple of your lives. This should be exercised whether in real life or the digital community.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I UNDERSTAND this, but seriously, what if they do not know anyone?
And, now that GC DOES exist, do you really think that it exists for the purpose of downing people who really want to be this-or-that? Can't GC be an outlet for those who are unsure about joining greek life and want a place where they can be anonymous and get their questions answered?

And would you PERSONALLY feel better downing a person like the rest, or knowing you helped someone make an informed decision about a "major thing" in their lives?

That's what the Search function is for. There are quite a few threads for BGLO interests that are quite informative.

And really, if you don't know anyone, don't you think it's beneficial to MEET someone if you're serious about joining?

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Nicca, who are you and where are you from?
A GLOer (potentially a regular poster) who is pretending to be a nonGreek newbie to prove some point. LOL.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's what the Search function is for. There are quite a few threads for BGLO interests that are quite informative.

And really, if you don't know anyone, don't you think it's beneficial to MEET someone if you're serious about joining?

WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST POINT HER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?
No, it's not your job, but in sarcastically saying that she needs to talk to people in the org and get to know them, you could have just said "GET TO KNOW THEM." Why max around with Dr. A-Hole?

I wonder why people continue to become greek and appreciate it when there are so many greeks who go out of their way to make them feel like they don't belong when they and non-greeks...

Dare I say, online hazing?

I just know that you, and other people on here, are better people than what you come off to be. Yes, it gets repetitive... but it it NOT better to HELP than to HURT??? Really?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:

You're reaching.

It's never that serious.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You're reaching.

It's never that serious.
It can be that serious.

Last week, I was forced to get in the e-cut

Old 06-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're reaching.

It's never that serious.
Stop ruining the mission that JustThinking was created for. There may be a bunch of GCers whose convos led to JustThinking. Obama stands for change. Don't ruin it.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST POINT HER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?
No, it's not your job, but in sarcastically saying that she needs to talk to people in the org and get to know them, you could have just said "GET TO KNOW THEM." Why max around with Dr. A-Hole?

I wonder why people continue to become greek and appreciate it when there are so many greeks who go out of their way to make them feel like they don't belong when they and non-greeks...

I just know that you, and other people on here, are better people than what you come off to be. Yes, it gets repetitive... but it it NOT better to HELP than to HURT??? Really?
You whine too much for someone who is super confident that she'll get into XYZ Sorority.

GC is a resource, but it shouldn't be the end all, be all. Common sense tells you to go out and meet the people you hope to associate with. If that seems harsh or unreasonable, then it sucks to be you. Greek life will continue without you.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Stop ruining the mission that JustThinking was created for. There may be a bunch of GCers' whose convos led to JustThinking. Obama stands for change. Don't ruin it.

Don't bring Barack into this, lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't bring Barack into this, lol.
Hey the GCers who may have created JustThinking justthought Obama was time to also change GC. Get with it!