GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Tau > Tau Kappa Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,550
0 members and 2,550 guests
No Members online

Old 12-22-2002, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
lavaliers

Have any of you guys lavaliered your gf? Or if your single at the moment have you ever lavalired anyone? How about the ladies that post on the TKE forum , have you been lavalired?

I lavalired Alphagam1019 more that 2 and 1/2 years ago. We are still going strong and I am glad I did it.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-22-2002, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tkeos443 Send a message via Yahoo to tkeos443
I lavaliered my ex-girlfriend and unfortunly our relationship didnt work out but I never regret the choice I made now or any other time and we are now still good friends. I just hope that maybe one day I will be able to find a girl to do it again
Old 12-22-2002, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hehe..I was lavaliered AFTER being pinned... No GLO here really practices lavaliering, I mean..the Teke's here had never heard of it (or shirting), only pinning.
So..I was pinned on July 6, 2002 (my birthday)...and lavaliered on December 6, 2002 (-his- birthday).
He was really happy to pin me actually..lol..he had broken up w/me less then 2 weeks before and realized what a mistake he had done. So, to 'secure' me (as he put it) he pinned me, lol So we've been together for..a little over 15 months and pinned for a little over 6. And, as a plus, we're doing absolutely suberb (a lot better than 90% of all the other couples we know..)

Hey zntke, how'd you lavier her? DId you set it up or did you do it spur of the moment?
Old 12-22-2002, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Sort of spur, she knew I was going too so we went down to FSU at garnet and gold and picked one out. Didn't realize there were so many different lavalires.lol I had no worries of brothers doing crazy things to me because there is no traditions in that sense. Lavaliring is rare at my chapter. Pinning is unheard of.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, on this campus since majority of GLO's are locals, giving out letters aren't a big deal. (This still boggles me...) I had wanted him to lavalier me if we were going to get more serious, but he really wanted to pin me. Hehe

He did ask his brothers for the 'OK' since I would be wearing their letters also. All of them (I found out..) was pretty happy about it but one was worried that I wouldn't accept it...LOL!

One of the trad's when a gf is pinned is that they are thrown in the lake, a very dirty-stinky lake! Then they serenade the gf w/their chapter song which is..."Have you lost that loving feeling" or something like that...lol
Old 12-23-2002, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I am glad there are no lavalire traditions here some of the stuff that I heard is done is brutal. But I would have done it because I love her.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Hehe..yeah..I know that the Omicron chapter ties up the guy who does it and covers him w/all sorts of nasty stuff..*icks* if she doesn't come to retrieve him she doesn't get the lavalier/pinned!

Oh by the way...here's an "Awwwww!" moment just for the "But I would have done it because I love her." comment! Too sweet!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiMuLilly
Smile I was lavaliered tonight!

I was lavaliered tonight by Paul Osbeck of the Mu Alpha Chapter of TKE at West Chester University. It was the sweetest thing ever, I almost cried. Paul and I have been dating for over five years now and I am honored to say that I am only the second lavalier from their chapter in the past 20 years!! The other lavalier is actually one of my Phi Mu alum sisters Chris who was lavaliered by her now husband George about 5 years ago. They don't often lavalier people on our campus and I can't wait to wear my new letters around and proudly support my favorite guys!!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CrusaderTKE
Ya I gave my ex GF a lavalier but that realtionship didnt work out after I gave it to her she left me for her friends bf friend pretty shitty but I dont regret doing it
Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TKEmanKM Send a message via Yahoo to TKEmanKM
I pinned my wife a few years ago. I pinned her at our red carnation ball. I took off mine and the brothers were all around me and then we announced our wedding date that night for 4 months later. All of the brothers came.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Do what? What is lavalier? I guess we don't do it here at EO
Old 12-10-2006, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ncstatetke
what would we do without google?

LAVALIER - a piece of jewelry depicting the letters of one's organization. The lavalier is often worn casually and indicates one's affiliation with the group.

LAVALIERING - the practice of a fraternity member giving his lavalier to a woman signifying a committed relationship between the two. As the relationship becomes more serious, the next step would be a "Pinning."
Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

sorry, but what is lavaliering?????
Old 04-20-2007, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Mward2002
I lavaliered my girlfriend a little less than a month ago. The same night, her grandbig was lettered by one of my brothers. They got to hold their candlelights 2 weeks apart.

My other brother got thrown into a retention pond. I got a reprieve because I was wearing a nice suit due to RCB and threatened to beat down anyone who tried. I've heard of being tied to a chair and getting all sorts of fun things dumped on you and then the girlfriend coming after you to save you from the abuse hahaha
Old 05-09-2007, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Pinning

We don't do lavaliering at my school, but there are occasionally pinnings (like maybe one every couple or years). I am actually being pinned tonight by my TKE boyfriend of 3 1/2 years. What we do at our school is the guys get together an hour before and drink scotch and have cigars and talk, while the girls do a candle pass, and then the boys walk over to the sorority and make a semicircle in front of the door, while the girls either come onto the lawn or hang out of the windows. the girl to be pinned stands on the stairs in front of the door, and the boys sing to her, and then the boyfriend comes forward, says a few words, and pins her. then the TKEs make a line and come forward one by one to offer congratulations and to give the girl a rose, a hug, and a kiss on the cheek, and shake the boyfriend's hand. then everyone goes back to the TKE house for a party! being pinned is like being engaged to be engaged...

P.S. if any of you boys ever want a great idea for how to propose, then arrange a pinning, and then at the last minute instead of giving the girl your pin, drop to one knee and pull out the ring. someone did that at my school years ago, and it was amazing!