GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,556
0 members and 1,556 guests
No Members online

Old 10-12-2001, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Survivor

Didn't anyone watch Survivor last night? I was expecting a lot of witty banter about how annoying and whiny some of the people were...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-13-2001, 01:53 AM

They all annoyed the ish out of me!

Whoever had the brilliant idea to dump the water cause it was too heavy, should be shot.

The fat old man who simply wrote C.B. will now be referred to as B.C. because of his nasty BUTT CRACK. It was sooo disgusting!
Old 10-13-2001, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Too funny!! That B.C. (excellent nickname!) guy annoyed me to no end. I couldn't understand 80% of what he was saying, which is probably okay, because what I did understand was totally stupid -- "If I hayd a gun, I'da shoot yer."

I liked Lex (mmm, tattoos) and Clarence, despite the cherry controversy. She didn't make an impression on me during the show, but WTF is up with Kelly? Did you read her profile?? Anyone who lists "manipulating men" as a hobby needs to line up to get shot by B.C. Give me a break!! Girlfriend's got gold-digging trust fund brat written all over her.

Last edited by valkyrie; 10-15-2001 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2001, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

That man - what's his name, Tom? The guy that wrote C.B.? Anyhow, he annoyed me to no end - that idiot who thinks he's so high and mighty even though his accent is mighty annoying! I mean it might be fine on other ppl, but on him - BARF TIME! Sorry.

I have to say, though, that Silas and Ethan are hot, hot, hot. I think S3 will be more boring than S2 though .
Old 10-15-2001, 11:06 AM
Banned

Cool

IMO, Brandon is the cutie!
But, he's gay though.
Old 10-15-2001, 11:09 AM

I enjoy watching survivor but usually don't start watching until about half of the people are gone. In the beginning rounds, it is too predictable as to who is going to get voted off.
Old 10-15-2001, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I was all excited about Survivor 3 until I saw it. Yeah, they're usually boring in the beginning, but this one was worse than usual.

People complained that the last group of survivors was "too attractive" so CBS went to the complete opposite end of the spectrum and got some ugly ass people for this one. Granted, looks are not a reason to like or dislike someone else, but I think CBS tried too hard to not make the survivors "pretty"

They all seem to have a very Real World attitude to them, as well. Kinda got on my nerves.

I miss Rodger and Elisabeth
Old 10-15-2001, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Do you think the cop lady that puked her guts out the first show will make it? If she was that bad off the first day it doesn't look good for her.
Old 10-15-2001, 12:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
I absolutely could not stand Tom (the old man)! The way he tore into CB after the food. O.k.- CB said he was sorry over five times and that ole redneck kept on digging into him deeper and deeper. Then his final comment- shake my hand now like a "MAN"- not your silly way was just the last straw for me! Anyway... I don't trust any man who is that fond of goats and sheep!
Old 10-15-2001, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I only watched it last year because Amber was an Alpha Gam. This year, there is a girl from Ga, but I have nooo interest.

In the Atlanta paper, www.ajc.com, there is a terrific column called the Vent where people say what they think. In today's column, someone said, "Survivor is in Africa; I'm pulling for Africa!"
Old 10-16-2001, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I would have been pretty pissed if they had voted Clarence off first. So he may have taken more than his fair share of cherries, and he did open a can of beans on his own. But everyone was acting like he committed the worst crime against humanity. He did what he thought was best, giving food to Diane, who almost had a heart attack during the challenge. I think the way Diane lied about it to everyone was her last desperate attempt to save herself. She knew that everyone considered her a liability after that first challenge and that they were going to vote her off, so her lie against Clarence was the only thing she had left to do, and fortunately it didn't work.

Have you all checked Linda's profile on the Survivor web site? It's pretty amazing: she was born and raised on welfare, got her BA from Dartmouth, an MEd from Tufts University and an MSW from Boston College, was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in December 1999 and climbed Mt. Rainier 8 months later, is a member of the Appalachian Mountain Club, Sierra Club, American Alpine Club, Career Counselors Consortium, etc. I was reading her profile and thinking, "Hmmm...OK, what have I done with my life?"
Old 10-18-2001, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Fresh warm cow blood yuck. I would not have drank that.
Old 10-18-2001, 09:08 PM
Banned

Talking

Hey all, there's a Survivor interactive computer game coming out this month!
Old 10-18-2001, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Ah fer-give, but ah don' fer-git!

Oooh, that Tom is going to drive me crazy. Do you think he'll just keep voting for Clarence because "C. B." is the only thing he can spell?!

I am too addicted to this show, even though the cow blood thing bothered me. They're going to have to do something to try to make the tribes more even, or it's just going to get boring, not that it being boring would stop me from watching.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Excuse me, but I am really offended at some of the comments about Tom's accent. Just because he had a thick Southern accent does NOT make him stupid. He comes from an area where a lot of people speak with the exact same way and the implication that because of his accent he's a moron really pisses me off. So could we please stop? Thanks YALL!

Wine&Blue
(from Alabama, with a Southern accent)