GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,429
1 members and 2,428 guests
Kevin

Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleMcGuire1983 View Post
let's send 20 tons of empty solo cups to ABC Family!
Why waste perfectly good cups? Just wash them and re-use them.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
let's send 20 tons of empty solo cups to ABC Family!
You're trying to cancel the show, not bring it back. So sending 20 tons of empty solo cups would probably backfire on you by creating awesome publicity for the show and ABC Family and getting even more people to watch it. Smart thinking!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raincoat View Post
You're trying to cancel the show, not bring it back. So sending 20 tons of empty solo cups would probably backfire on you by creating awesome publicity for the show and ABC Family and getting even more people to watch it. Smart thinking!
when Jesse Jackson rants and raves it gives his targets NEGATIVE publicity! The same could work with us
San Jose State University
Zeta Iota Chapter
Old 06-20-2007, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

What ever will liltrixx/ocalagirl do without be able to give digs to her Zeta Beta Zeta online sorority peeps? You might end her social life, man!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
when Jesse Jackson rants and raves it gives his targets NEGATIVE publicity! The same could work with us
please tell me you're not honestly comparing yourself to Jesse Jackson
Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I've read many stupid threads on GC but this is the stupidest one yet. Congratulations!

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapCoug View Post
And lets be serious. ABC Family is NOT MTV. How many people actually WATCH ABC family? Who is actually going to be swayed by a dumb tv show?
People may not be "swayed," but it contributes to the overall negative view of Greek life that seems to be being fostered in our society today. If a young person happens to view a show where GLOs are shown as dangerous, drug-infested, or just plain stupid, he or she may come to be assuaged that ALL GLOs behave in this manner. It negates the positives that GLOs have contributed to American society and beyond. I would like to say that people are not that stupid; unfortunately, however, many are.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykd2005 View Post
People may not be "swayed," but it contributes to the overall negative view of Greek life that seems to be being fostered in our society today. If a young person happens to view a show where GLOs are shown as dangerous, drug-infested, or just plain stupid, he or she may come to be assuaged that ALL GLOs behave in this manner. It negates the positives that GLOs have contributed to American society and beyond. I would like to say that people are not that stupid; unfortunately, however, many are.
Be honest here, would you tune in for an hour one night a week to a program that showed nothing but sororities cleaning up highways, volunteering at soup kitchens, and holding various fundraisers? Do you think anyone else would?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The problem with toga parties is that most people don't have the bodies for it
What exactly do bodies have to do with draped sheets? To be perfectly honest, I have not seen too many people--even those who are super buff--who look fabulous in a sheet.

Last edited by kathykd2005; 06-20-2007 at 11:54 PM. Reason: only put one o in "too" crap
Old 06-20-2007, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What exactly do bodies have to do with draped sheets? To be perfectly honest, I have not seen too many people--even those who are super buff--who look fabulous in a sheet.
No one actually wears sheets to toga parties. At least not the girls. You go to a fabric store and buy some cute fabric.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
Be honest here, would you tune in for an hour one night a week to a program that showed nothing but sororities cleaning up highways, volunteering at soup kitchens, and holding various fundraisers? Do you think anyone else would?
I most likely wouldn't tune in anyway, but I don't particularly think it should be ALL about negativity, either. The best shows on television don't all have to be like Jerry Springer, do they? I'm just getting sick of people assuming that because I am in a sorority that I must be ALL about drinking or partying just because of what they have seen on tv. To be perfectly honest, I'm getting kind of sick of people getting all of their information about the world from trashy television, MySpace, and YouTube though, so I guess I'm jaded.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
No one actually wears sheets to toga parties. At least not the girls. You go to a fabric store and buy some cute fabric.
Because there is a HUGE difference between a large piece of fabric one puts on a bed and a gigantic piece of material one buys from a fabric store. Unless you are having your "toga" taylor-made, I doubt it makes that much of a difference.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Uh, this is a TV SHOW. Do you understand that ANY publicity is good publicity for them? The more people they get to watch it, the more advertising $ they can get.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I most likely wouldn't tune in anyway, but I don't particularly think it should be ALL about negativity, either.
Have you seen the show? No. So how do you know it's "ALL about negativity?"
Old 06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Because there is a HUGE difference between a large piece of fabric one puts on a bed and a gigantic piece of material one buys from a fabric store. Unless you are having your "toga" taylor-made, I doubt it makes that much of a difference.
If any of your friends are crafty, you ask them for help and it can look good.