GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,214
2 members and 2,212 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 10-11-2003, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

If you listen to the director's comments on the 1st DVD, Reese mentions how she "learned" about sorority life by hanging out with some Kappas. That explains why we got a "shout out" in the second movie.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-16-2003, 06:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to USCKappaKutie
USC and Reese

Hi Fellow Kappa Kuties!
I go to USC and yes, Reese Witherspoon did visit KKG at USC to see what sorority life is like (She came to Monday Night Dinner on a formal chapter night--hence the all black dresses in the movie). The producers of the movie looked at the DG house, and that is why th Delta Nu house has the wrapa around staircase (as does the DG house here). Hope that cleared things up for everyone!

L&L
Kim

Imsohappythatiama
Kappakappakappagamma!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
That's so cool!

Were you a member at the time? Did you meet her? Was she nice?

That's actually one of the fun facts all the PNMs were told when they went through recruitment for our colony.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to USCKappaKutie
Re: reese

Hello Again-

I wasn't a member at the time- I'm a new member this year, but my big told me all about it.

L&L
Kim
Old 12-20-2003, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Re: Re: reese

Quote:
Originally posted by USCKappaKutie
Hello Again-

I wasn't a member at the time- I'm a new member this year, but my big told me all about it.

L&L
Kim
Ya...when I rushed at USC, it was right after Legally Blonde came out and I heard it from like six different people!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow legally blonde 2

Yo kids, i think i've got a few answers for you...

the reference to kappa was in legally blonde 2...not the original and it was something about how kappas use tounge in thier kissing booths

ALSO reese witherspoon studied sorority life at USC in kappa, attending our monday night dinner, and im not sure whatelse. Ive been told thats the reason for all the tiffany's jewelry. HOWEVER the actual set design for the sorority house (with the spiral staircase and all) is modeled after the DG house at usc.

thats all i know...
Old 01-07-2004, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Re: legally blonde 2

Quote:
Originally posted by shorty5feet2
Yo kids, i think i've got a few answers for you...

the reference to kappa was in legally blonde 2...not the original and it was something about how kappas use tounge in thier kissing booths

ALSO reese witherspoon studied sorority life at USC in kappa, attending our monday night dinner, and im not sure whatelse. Ive been told thats the reason for all the tiffany's jewelry. HOWEVER the actual set design for the sorority house (with the spiral staircase and all) is modeled after the DG house at usc.

thats all i know...
yup!! thats what everyone was saying when I rushed at USC in 2001, right after Legally Blonde came out!!
Old 01-11-2004, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for the crash ladies but I had heard from some of our sisters at USC that she stayed at both of our houses but the Delta Nu house in the movie looks a lot like our house or something. I heard we had all the tiffany necklaces and stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if both houses did. One of my sisters (actually an AI of USC) worked with Reese in Pleasantville. She was the assistant to the director. She said Reese is a real sweetie! Obviously, she has great taste in sororities!

Also the story on our forum (lol this is funny how it goes around) is Delta Nu is based on us b/c in the book Legally Blonde Elle is a DG. Who knows?! One of life's great mysteries!
Old 01-11-2004, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnsDGsweethrt
Also the story on our forum (lol this is funny how it goes around) is Delta Nu is based on us b/c in the book Legally Blonde Elle is a DG. Who knows?! One of life's great mysteries!
That's true. (I've read the book.)
Old 01-12-2004, 10:30 PM
cutiepatootie

i know they filmed a lot of the scenes at USC ...the house they use on the outside shots....what house is that? i heard it was one of the sorority houses.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash... but as I am a HUGE fan of the legally blonde movies I feel the need to add my two cents...
I have to say that the whole kissing booth thing

loose Transcript (for those who haven't seen)

Elle: Spring carnival 1998 Delta Nu is paired with Kappa Kappa Gamma for project kissing booth.. big problems heated debated ensued over the whole tongue no tongue policy... I think you know which side the Kappas were on...

I'm *pretty* sure they wouldn't have to get permission for this refrence... it would come under parody... maybe I would feel differently if I were a Kappa... but I think it was an innocent enough comment... I mean the whole movie is tounge in cheek.... I mean I know I cracked up when they did the whole phone tree thing because my chapter has *such* issues with trying to devise some sort of system for getting everyone called... and I think they were just kinda poking fun of the little competitions that go on between houses sometimes ya know... hey it's because of things like that Kappa is one of the best known sororities...