GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,538
1 members and 1,537 guests
navane

Old 05-20-2003, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Question symphony

Does Kappa have a symphony or something along those lines? If so, what are its words? Thanks in advance!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-20-2003, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Yes. A copy was given to us at our Installation, so I'll transcribe it here.

"To accept what each day may bring, unless through my own endeavor I can better myself and those who my life may concern; to value the present, because it is one with the past and future which are mine to make or to mar; to strive only for what I beleive to be highest and best, holding others to no standard which I cannot maintain for myself; to be thankful for, and improve the priveleges which are mine as a college woman, bearing in mind the added responsibility hich devolves on me because of them; to hold high the honor of my fraternity, tempering word and deed according to the influence they will and must have, upon the colors I bear; finally, to give in all things the best I have; this is to be my Kappa symphony."

It was written by Anita B. Perrin, of Beta Eta chapter.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, Sherbertlemons!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually, the Kappa Symphony that was included in the booklet given to members at Eta Eta installation is a poem that is used as a "favor". It has no historical significance or special meaning for use in Kappa ceremonies. The poem, or writing, is just so lovely that it's wonderful to share, just like some of our songs. But members are not required to memorize it nor is it used in any of our ritual. Do not confuse this Kappa Symphony with a song by the same title that IS part of our ritual. That song was written by a different Kappa and has different words. I know other greek organizations may have a "symphony" of some type but Kappa does not have one. Hope this information is helpful!