GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,555
0 members and 1,555 guests
No Members online

Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha O View Post
She's referring to holding her breath aka waiting impatiently for an update.
Well I feel dense, haha thanks! I'll post one in four hours or so!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Since this is an after the fact story, it would be great if you would just go ahead and post the complete story. There is no need to upset the interested by continuing to post as if your story is just now unfolding. We have short attention spans.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Since this is an after the fact story, it would be great if you would just go ahead and post the complete story. There is no need to upset the interested by continuing to post as if your story is just now unfolding. We have short attention spans.
Yes! Thank you!
Now I'm turning purple!

Old 09-17-2014, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I love Disney World!
My favorite thing to do is use the back entrance to Epcot (near the Yacht Club Resort) and start the day out in the France pavillion with a chocolate croissant and an adult grape juice.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

ChioLu, we like to enter Epcot that way too (and stay at the Beach or Yacht club so we can enjoy that awesome pool).
Old 09-17-2014, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
ChioLu, we like to enter Epcot that way too (and stay at the Beach or Yacht club so we can enjoy that awesome pool).
You could park at the Yacht Club -- for FREE -- and walk thru the hotel. (A Disney PR person gave me that info.) Save the 20 bucks for beverages in Epcot. Don't know if you can still park there and "act" like you're a hotel guest nowadays.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
You could park at the Yacht Club -- for FREE -- and walk thru the hotel. (A Disney PR person gave me that info.) Save the 20 bucks for beverages in Epcot. Don't know if you can still park there and "act" like you're a hotel guest nowadays.
Sadly no. You cannot park there without checking in at the guard house.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneandDone View Post
Thanks, I definitely think my story is unique and will have some surprises!
I hope you'll come back and share the rest of your story!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I love Disney World!
My favorite thing to do is use the back entrance to Epcot (near the Yacht Club Resort) and start the day out in the France pavillion with a chocolate croissant and an adult grape juice.
Adult grape juice... love it! I love when you see adults trying to "drink around the world."

Quote:
My best guess for free parking is Downtown Disney but it's definitely a hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
I hope you'll come back and share the rest of your story!
I will be unable to post the rest until October, so I'm not sure if this thread should get locked or something. But I will finish it then whether in this thread or another!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I will be unable to post the rest until October, so I'm not sure if this thread should get locked or something. But I will finish it then whether in this thread or another!
Thanks for the heads-up. Too many of these threads get started, then abandoned, so at least now we know to expect the rest next month. And it's probably better to update this thread rather than start a new one.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to give us an update! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your story in October.
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 10-11-2014, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Too many of these threads get started, then abandoned, so at least now we know to expect the rest next month. And it's probably better to update this thread rather than start a new one.
Will do, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha O View Post
Thanks for taking the time to give us an update! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your story in October.
Here we go!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

This next round was first rounds and it showed their philanthropy. They would show a video (usually) and we would do a little craft or activity based on the philanthropy. The times were short though (not as short) just like open houses.

I got my list back and I got:

Journey of The Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
PhilharMagic
Space Ranger Spin
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
Tom Sawyer Island
Laugh Floor
Tomorrowland Arcade

Getting back eight out of 13 wasn't ideal but I wasn't overly upset either. I did get a little jealous of people with full schedules, but I kept reminding myself I was rushing the second time and it only takes one sorority in the end to find your home.

I was really really excited to get back Haunted Mansion and Laugh Floor. I was also pretty surprised about Journey of The Little Mermaid since I thought it went so badly for me there. If I wasn't a legacy Tom Sawyer Island would have surprised me as well. The rest I wasn't surprised about/neutral towards. I was excited for Space Ranger Spin but not surprised since I got sort of far with them last year.

My first day I only had two parties, one at the first time slot and one at the last. They were the "top" and "bottom" chapters.

Tom Sawyer Island - Not bad, was nervous but also didn't see myself here. The conversation flowed pretty well but nothing really special. Their philanthropy video was cute though and the same as last years. All in all the ladies were well put together.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - I talked to three girls, the first was sort of awkward, the second didn't really seem to care what I had to say, the third girl was really cool. The craft we made was cute and a good conversation piece. I also felt like it was useful and not just something like, "color on this sheet of paper since we have to do an activity."

It was nice having an easy day, and I enjoyed being on my own schedule, even though I missed Massie a little! The outfit I wore I wasn't really confident in so I was looking for another for the next day of first rounds. All in all I thought I was doing fine. Better than last year but perhaps not "StrawberryGloss" so. I could definitely tell my attitude was way better and it was a lot easier to make conversation. However, I think I was a bit reserved about really expressing how much I wanted to be in a sorority because I was afraid of failure, especially when talking to my friends after each round.

Next day of first rounds! I had a new outfit and jewelry and was a lot more confident! I had four parties today, and none of them I was really nervous for. Out of them all, Space Ranger Spin was the one I was looking forward to the most.

PhilharMagic - Girl we talked to was really pretty and had an ongoing conversation but it was not natural and a little strained. The activity they planned was original. Someone I knew joined this one last year and by the end of the semester she said she didn't really like it or felt like she fit in.

Journey of The Little Mermaid - Was with someone in my Rho Chi group, so it was nice to see a familiar face. This girl was very conscious about getting a "top house" though, and was very excited with the girl who was rushing mentioned getting into frat parties, which is against the rules. After the sorority girl talked about that, the girl I was with was all over them. When I had a longer bout of talking (the sorority girl was really interested in something I did), the girl I was with mentioned how I rushed last year. Turns out this sorority is really into philanthropy which I didn't know and was surprised about, which was nice. Overall I liked them but didn't see myself there and thought my opportunity was shot since I was an upperclassman who rushed again.

Tomorrowland Arcade - Was also with a girl in my Rho Chi group but a different one. I really liked the girl I talked to. Last year a friend in this one got to their pref night and did not like them at all. I didn't really get that vibe from them, and I thought they were sweet.

Space Ranger Spin - I thought this one went really well. The first girl was really nice and seemed like a sweet person. While she was talking to us, another girl came and was soooooooo annoying. She kept going on and on about herself and her major and the things she liked. Finally I was rescued by the third girl we talked to. At this point it was a one-on-one conversation; I don't know who was talking to the PNM I was with. The third girl was very sweet and easy to talk to. It turned out her sister did a program I participated in the past, so we had a lot to talk about. I was really hoping I would get this one back.

Once again, not a bad day, and not extraordinary. I was pleasantly surprised with how Space Ranger Spin ended up, and I was surprised that Journey of The Little Mermaid broke some rushing rules.

The next day I had Haunted Mansion and Laugh Floor, which were two of my favorites from rushing last year and from open houses. I was sooooooooooooo nervous because I really really wanted to make a great impression and get invited back to second rounds.

Laugh Floor - I was beyond anxious for this one and made the mistake of having caffeine with not much food in my system. I was sort of hyper but in the middle of the conversation I could feel my eye twitch! I don't think it was noticeable though, and a little funny. I was by myself again and took that to be a good sign. I talked with two girls about traveling among other stuff. I thought the conversations went really well; hopefully well enough to get to second rounds! The girls I knew in this sorority were really similar to me and I definitely felt this sorority had an uniqueness to it (I know they're all unique but sometimes they get mixed up personally!).

Haunted Mansion - I was really nervous for this one too because I really liked the girls I knew in it, and my impressions on the open house and last year I would fit in here well. I was soooooo excited to go. I really enjoyed their video and the idea of the craft. However, the craft was not good to do with conversing so no one really did it. And the worst part; the conversation was not good for me at all! The other PNM was physically in between me and the sorority girl so I could barely hear the sorority girl. I think the physical set up wasn't the best. Also the other PNM would ask generic questions like major/summer/where you from questions. The sorority girl was a great conversationalist so she could go on even though they were generic questions. Unfortunately I felt like I didn't get much word in, which I regretted. All in all I would be very surprised if I got asked back (surprised and ecstatic though!)

Since you were supposed to put down your lowest five if you had 13 total (leaving a max of eight for next round), I didn't have to choose any bottom ones. It was sort of nice knowing I didn't have to make any decisions.

Side Massie note: I like to write about her since we really went through recruitment together and it was funny how our opinions and experiences differed. But I confided in her the most and her me. Also I felt like an older sister to her during the process.

Massie got a great list back for first rounds, including her legacy Incredible's Dance Party and also Enchanted Tales with Belle and Journey of The Little Mermaid among others. It was funny because she didn't like Incredible's Dance Party open house but liked them first round. And she liked Journey of The Little Mermaid open house but not first round, while I was the opposite! Just something extra to share.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Great story, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Great.story so far...can't wait to hear about the next round!