GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,334
1 members and 1,333 guests
aidanshulzeo560
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2000, 01:45 PM
Horrified

Unhappy Recent lynching in the South?!?

Has anyone heard of the 17 year old in Kokomo, Mississippi that was found hanging from a tree in his own front yard? This happened on June 15. Local authorities were quick to rule it a suicide, but Jesse Jackson and the boy"s family think otherwise and are crying foul play. It seems that the young man had a lot going for him and his mom says that the belt that was around his neck was not his. The family says he would never take his own life, and especially not by hanging himself on the family lawn. The boy was known to date white girls, which is still a big no-no in the deep south (or anywhere else for that matter to some folks). The two white girls he recently dated did NOT show up for the funerals OR offer their condolences. Is anyone in this forum from this particular part of Mississippi? Anyone that knows more of this story, please shed some more light .
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-06-2000, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

This is certainly a terrible act, and I'm not trying to downplay that in anyway, but how does this relate to the Greek community? I wonder about people (who are non-registered users) who post stuff like this and then imply a racial issue. We have all seen the effects of posts by non-registered users when they start a topic that gets either misinterpreted or completely disregarded for an out-and-out shouting match. Then we never hear from that user again. I just wonder if there is a tie to the greek life system in this post.
Old 07-06-2000, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Horrified- This is a link to the article:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/2000...hanging_3.html

I found it by doing a very simple search on yahoo.

Panda Bear- It doesn't have anything to do with Greek Issues.

Moderator- Please close this thread before it becomes another circular war. Thanks!

ZetaAce
Closed Thread