GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,601
2 members and 2,599 guests
AOIIalum, LaneSig

Old 12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Is Syracuse recruitment competitive?

I'll be transferring from a California C.C. to Syracuse for my junior year, and I'm wondering how competitive the process is? I know that most of the spots within sororities go to the freshman, but I'm curious as to whether or not anyone knows my chances as an incoming junior?

I have always been fond of the idea of being in a sorority, and while my primary goal in attending Syracuse is of course an education, I would bummed if I missed out on Greek life and having "sisters".

Thanks in advance for any help
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-09-2011, 12:17 AM

Syracuse does have deferred formal rush so if you join in the fall, you'll be rushing with sophomores and up only. However, all the sororities may not be taking on new members in the fall.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque View Post
I'll be transferring from a California C.C. to Syracuse for my junior year, and I'm wondering how competitive the process is? I know that most of the spots within sororities go to the freshman, but I'm curious as to whether or not anyone knows my chances as an incoming junior?

I have always been fond of the idea of being in a sorority, and while my primary goal in attending Syracuse is of course an education, I would bummed if I missed out on Greek life and having "sisters".

I thought you were going to USC.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque View Post

I don't go to Syracuse, but I live outside of it and some of my friends are involved in greek life there.

It is competitive, but not super competitive. Most people want to be apart of greek life will be and will find a chapter that suits them.