GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,539
1 members and 1,538 guests
naraht

Old 09-11-2018, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb A Southern themed Alabama rush!

The day DD3 & DD4 decided to rush was a tiring one. DD3 wanted recs for each house at her university while DD4 decided that she didn’t plan on joining some houses so why should she get letters? I warned her that Bama Rush is brutal and that she couldn’t count on legacy status but she went on the sorority ranking website, chose a few houses she liked on Instagram, and decided that she wanted to be in a few certain houses.

She gathered up a few recommendations for those certain houses, didn’t want to go shopping until the day before leaving, and she seemed to procrastinate until it was past the mark of “too late” and Grandma and I had to sit, hunched over in despair, and tap out texts and emails to our friends to try and gather recs.

She also decided to dye her hair at the last moment and so Grandma and I had to find a way to fix it. Rush at Bama is tough and so I became very worried that she focus on how she had “southern blood” and how she only wanted to be in “old row” houses instead of going where she was needed.

Welcome to the most stressful week of my entire life!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
The day DD3 & DD4 decided to rush was a tiring one. DD3 wanted recs for each house at her university while DD4 decided that she didn’t plan on joining some houses so why should she get letters? I warned her that Bama Rush is brutal and that she couldn’t count on legacy status but she went on the sorority ranking website, chose a few houses she liked on Instagram, and decided that she wanted to be in a few certain houses.

She gathered up a few recommendations for those certain houses, didn’t want to go shopping until the day before leaving, and she seemed to procrastinate until it was past the mark of “too late” and Grandma and I had to sit, hunched over in despair, and tap out texts and emails to our friends to try and gather recs.

She also decided to dye her hair at the last moment and so Grandma and I had to find a way to fix it. Rush at Bama is tough and so I became very worried that she focus on how she had “southern blood” and how she only wanted to be in “old row” houses instead of going where she was needed.

Welcome to the most stressful week of my entire life!
You deserve a "Mom of the Year" award for enduring two rushes like these! Can't wait to read more....you're a wonderful storyteller so it will be great reading.

One question - were both girls rushing during the same week? Or was it sequential? Either way it had to be brutal....

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-11-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear more! Two major recruitments in one year? NYCMS is correct, you deserve Mom of the Year!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
You deserve a "Mom of the Year" award for enduring two rushes like these! Can't wait to read more....you're a wonderful storyteller so it will be great reading.

One question - were both girls rushing during the same week? Or was it sequential? Either way it had to be brutal....
The same week! DD3 and DD4 don’t get along sometimes and they got in a blowout and so we all had to split up! DD3 took Dad and DD4 took me, I hope to never have another child rush again at this point but I still have one boy who’s going through!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh mamma you certainly have earned a well deserved break after two requirements this year!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Oh mamma you certainly have earned a well deserved break after two requirements this year!
3!

I haven’t had a break since the kids were young! Now that I’m officially an empty nester, I thought that I could have a moment of silence but some of my sisters are coming to see us because of the hurricane! I’ll have time to sleep in 2019, it seems!
Old 09-11-2018, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my... this is going to be an interesting story! Can't wait....
Old 09-11-2018, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I am glued to my computer awaiting an update!!
Old 09-11-2018, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
3!

I haven’t had a break since the kids were young! Now that I’m officially an empty nester, I thought that I could have a moment of silence but some of my sisters are coming to see us because of the hurricane! I’ll have time to sleep in 2019, it seems!

Three!!! Holy Canoli! Mother of Pearl!!
Old 09-11-2018, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Please keep us updated before Florence hits land! Based on the last one, I suspect this will be a great thread!
Old 09-11-2018, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

GreekOne, I was thinking the same thing!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

As a mother, I have been conditioned to worry about my younger daughter, DD3, DD4 is her older twin sister. When they were born DD4 was a whopping 11 lbs 5 oz to DD3’s 2 lbs 3 oz. We had to wake DD3 once every half hour 24/7 so we could make sure that she was still alive. With DD4, she slept like a rock. And so in the Alabama humidity, I found myself shaking DD4 awake everyday and helping her with her outfits and makeup because she’d refused my help choosing anything originally and now that it was too late, I was expected to mom up.

The Houses:

Nick Saban
Bryant Denny
Tuscaloosa
National Champions
Crimson Tide
Roll Tide
Big Al
Crimsonettes
Million Dollar Band
Capstone
Magnolia
Southern Charm
Beat Auburn
Homecoming
Football Season
Houndstooth
Crimson and White
Sweet Home, Alabama
Old 09-12-2018, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Nick Saban:
DD4’s first house. She wasn’t expecting the door songs, she told me that she’d gotten whiplash just from watching the girls throw their hair around. She liked the girls at Nick Saban *but* she felt like the house was too southern for her. She also mentioned that the house was too big for her to get to have even a short conversation with anyone.

Bryant Denny:
This house is new on campus. DD4 didn’t like them because they don’t have a legacy at Bama (“And you do?” Grandma responded “This is your year to make and shape your own legacy”), she also didn’t like their colors because they make her look “washed out” and so all in all, Bryant Denny didn’t cut it for the impossibly high standards of DD4.

Tuscaloosa:
DD4 had a talk about teeth with a Tuscaloosa lady. DD4 wants to be a dentist and so she spoke to another girl who wants to be a dentist. She didn’t feel the click and also didn’t like the colors (I almost exploded at her, the colors are the last thing that she has to worry about), she also didn’t like that their hand sign is so hard to do.

National Champions:
My sorority. One of DD4’s legacy houses. I was expecting her to have a great time but apparently they didn’t treat her like a legacy (because Alabama has bazillions of legacies going to each house) and so she admitted that she sulked through the entire round.

Are you all seeing a difference between DD3 and DD4? Absolute polar opposites.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Nick Saban:
DD4’s first house. She wasn’t expecting the door songs, she told me that she’d gotten whiplash just from watching the girls throw their hair around. She liked the girls at Nick Saban *but* she felt like the house was too southern for her. She also mentioned that the house was too big for her to get to have even a short conversation with anyone.

Bryant Denny:
This house is new on campus. DD4 didn’t like them because they don’t have a legacy at Bama (“And you do?” Grandma responded “This is your year to make and shape your own legacy”), she also didn’t like their colors because they make her look “washed out” and so all in all, Bryant Denny didn’t cut it for the impossibly high standards of DD4.

Tuscaloosa:
DD4 had a talk about teeth with a Tuscaloosa lady. DD4 wants to be a dentist and so she spoke to another girl who wants to be a dentist. She didn’t feel the click and also didn’t like the colors (I almost exploded at her, the colors are the last thing that she has to worry about), she also didn’t like that their hand sign is so hard to do.

National Champions:
My sorority. One of DD4’s legacy houses. I was expecting her to have a great time but apparently they didn’t treat her like a legacy (because Alabama has bazillions of legacies going to each house) and so she admitted that she sulked through the entire round.

Are you all seeing a difference between DD3 and DD4? Absolute polar opposites.
Oh, these installments are going to be amazing! The color thing made me laugh out loud and Grandma's response? The perfect comeback, she is a very wise woman. And the hand signs? Hilarious.

And oh boy is right...polar opposites. I can't wait to hear more, this should make for a very interesting rush.

P.S. I love the house names!

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-12-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Normally, I skim over house descriptions in the first round of recruitment stories, but I am hooked on every word.