GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,492
1 members and 2,491 guests
John

Old 09-26-2008, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Deferred Rush Wardrobe and Other Questions

Hey,

Last edited by vandygirl65; 01-31-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old 09-26-2008, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

The dress is cute. I don't know where Vandy is but that dress might get pretty cold in January.
Dress changes from campus to campus and I don't know how many people are familiar with your school.

You will hear this plenty of times, but DISCRETION! Tons of people come here everyday. A lot who are not even registered and are just lerking. So please, please, PLEASE think twice about what information you are putting down on this website before you post it. There have been cases on this site where recruitment has been changed because of things a PNM has posted. I don't know how many sophomores go through recruitment, but if that isn't many people could figure out who you are. That goes double for outfits. While I have even posted my dress online, I would recommend taking the link down after a couple hours.
Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to warn you before things got out of hand.

P.S. I like the idea of a turquoise pencil skirt. I think I might need to find one.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
The dress is cute. I don't know where Vandy is but that dress might get pretty cold in January.

I don't know how many people are familiar with your school.
Vandy is Vanderbilt, and yes, that dress could be too cold for Nashville in January.

There are quite a few Vanderbilt sorority women who post and lurk on here, so your advice of discretion is relevant. A PNM from Vandy last year had her recruitment ruined because she posted too much info. It was quite easy to figure out who she was and even which houses she was making comments about.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Definitely be discreet.
2. I would not wear jeans.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Jeans were fully accepted and encouraged for the first three days at my school. If your handbook recommends them and you know for a fact that they are the norm during recruitment, I'd stick with jeans. Just be sure to wear nice shoes with them.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:45 AM

The flares & blazer sound OK - I think I would stay away from skinny jeans though (even w/ a tunic over them). Skinnies have too much possibility to look slutty and that's the last thing you want at recruitment.

3rd day sounds good, just make sure that nothing in the outfit is too tight (except for the tights, LOL).
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
The flares & blazer sound OK - I think I would stay away from skinny jeans though (even w/ a tunic over them). Skinnies have too much possibility to look slutty and that's the last thing you want at recruitment.

3rd day sounds good, just make sure that nothing in the outfit is too tight (except for the tights, LOL).
I think skinny jeans with a larger top is cute and not slutty. As long as you are dressing for your body type, it can look appropriate. Where I am now, I see this look a lot and think it looks good.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta kala View Post
I think skinny jeans with a larger top is cute and not slutty. As long as you are dressing for your body type, it can look appropriate. Where I am now, I see this look a lot and think it looks good.
I don't know her body type, ergo my advice. Plus the definition of "tunic" can be a little iffy as well. Not to mention the propensity to wear sky high stillettos with them. The whole thing is just too many variables for me to say go for it...
Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas City View Post
Jeans were fully accepted and encouraged for the first three days at my school. If your handbook recommends them and you know for a fact that they are the norm during recruitment, I'd stick with jeans. Just be sure to wear nice shoes with them.
But wear nice jeans! I've heard stories about girls wearing jeans that were either: a weird color, ripped up, too short, too tight, too loose, had strange patterns on them, etc. Find some dressier jeans if you can. I have some that are a very dark blue, and they look VERY good either with a t-shirt or a nice shirt for going out at night.

And yes, the right pair of shoes can make jeans look dressier and really cute.

Because you are a sophomore, you need to stand out. Just don't overdo it. I think the sweater with the pencil skirt would be very cute. Especially if the skirt is a brighter color like you've mentioned.

@~/~~~~
Old 09-27-2008, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Whatever you wear, if it says "casual," make it dressy casual. This is casual - going out, not casual - going to class.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Just wear a good coat over the pref dress. If Vandy is like W&L (and I know a decent bit about Vandy and from what I know they are extremely similar), most girls will be wearing dressy winter cocktail dresses and just bundling up over them a lot.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Vandygirl, I would definitely dress as dressy as the night will allow - ask your greek ambassador or other girls what they are wearing. A bright pencil skirt or fun accessory will help you stand out. Also, spend the semester making friends in the houses. You will be at a disadvantage being a sophomore, so a more sophisticated look, along with friends in the houses and a great answer to why you're rushing now, will aid you greatly.