GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,320
2 members and 1,318 guests
LaneSig

Old 03-05-2001, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Childhood Nicknames

Hi Everyone!
I was just curious to see if anyone had a really funny or interesting nickname while growing up. I guess I'll start it off, but mine isn't very interesting. My best friend in elementary school was named Erica, and my name is Erin. We were always together, so people just started calling us both "Er" heads (pronounced airheads). They never said it to be mean, so it was just kinda funny. I hope everyone else has better ones than mine!

Erin

------------------
Rise and shine and become a Kappa Gamma!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-05-2001, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

this isn't really from childhood, but when i was 16 i took a job as a valet, and everyone there called me Bad A$$ Billy or Big Billy Bad A$$
Old 03-05-2001, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

for one reason or another, my parents & their friends though I was a lil too "grown" for my own good when I was little (7). Maybe it was because the next youngest of my parent's friends' children was 15, maybe it was because I was an only child, maybe becasue I was the bomb like that I don't know. ANYWHO, they started calling me "Ms. Kelli" and to this day, they STILL call me that. I kinda like it. It fits

------------------
Does your chapter have something going on you want us to know about? Do you want to know what's going on around the country? Look in the Events Forum!
Kelli
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
12-Delta Nu-94
MAL, Southern Region
Old 03-06-2001, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Luckily I'm not easily embarassed

First, when I was little my mother used to call me her little Love Bug. I don't know why, but she did. Funny thing is, my sophomore year of college she came back from Saint Louis with a t-shirt that showed a volkswagon beetle (car). It was red with hearts and it looked like a lady bug (MY FAVORITE). Under it it said LOVE BUG! How cute huh?!?!

The second one isn't really a nick name, but something my Grandma calls me.
My full name is Amy Michelle. Well when I was little I had a hard time talking and so I used to walk around telling everyone my name was Amy Myshelf. My Grandma got a kick out of it and still calls me Amy Myshelf to this day! LOL. Gotta love Grandmas!

------------------
What do you get when you cross and Alpha Omicron Pi and a Sigma Phi Epsilon? A beautiful Chi Omega!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

well when i was really little, and by this i mean maybe like 2, people would ask me my name. I dont know if it was that i couldnt pronounce it or what, but i would say "me....me". Everyone would just laugh and say that it was cute, but later on, it just caught on to "mimi". The only people that call me that are my parents. My brother doesnt even call me that since he is younger and wasnt there when it was all new and fun.

I think its kind of funny because i know people that call their grandmothers "mimi", so everytime i hear that in public i have to refrain myself from turning around because i know it cant possibly be me they are calling.
Old 03-06-2001, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

For some reason when I was little my aunt called me BEAN. Why? I don't know....and would you believe that she still calls me that to this day and I am 23 years old.................((sigh))

MsDetroit1920
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Old 03-06-2001, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

My mom used to call me a few different names: Grace, Lulabelle, or Amy Lou...actually she still calls me these names!
Old 03-06-2001, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
My middle name is Rebecca and my parents ALWAYS called me Becca or Becky. My mom still calls me Becca to this day. She rarely calls me by my real name.
My older brother called me Boodge. Don't ask me why or where it came from. I have NO clue. It was a really annoying nickname, but I guess it's better than the 'butthead' nickname he's come up with for me in my later years .

Leslie
Old 03-06-2001, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
Before I was born, my father's cousin would always ask my mother, "How's little Honey doing"? So to this day (I'm 27) people still call me Honey. For some strange reason I still prefer my family to call me that than my real name ( DaVanda).

[This message has been edited by vanda (edited March 06, 2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Alright, I have to share some of my almost insane nicknames here. My real name is Melinda and I go by Mindy. That will help with some of them. My Mom used to call me Little Miss Muffett. My Dad, who is very silly sometimes, called me various things such as jellybean and rabbit head. I know he had more, but I can't think of them now. My cousin, who is more like a brother used to call me skinny b/c I was like a little skeleton until almost my senior year of high school. He then moved on to calling me Scrunt, why? I don't know. My Aunt and Godmother calls me Mincoda. Codachrome, Coda and any other variation she can come up with on this. Some of my other uncles call me Minolta and Minerva. Those are just my family. I can't even remember all the stupid names that were made up for me in high school by my friends. We used to do that kind of stuff all the time. Whenever you would do or say something stupid or funny, you could be sure you were getting a nickname to make you remember it for a while. It was all in good fun, though.

[This message has been edited by fuzzie (edited March 06, 2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I am the queen of nicknames...for other people that is!! My only nickname from my father is "Kiddo" which I have always and forever been called by him. I would probably fall over if he ever called me my real name. (Which by the way he MISSPELLED in the family Bible...haahaahaa -- that is a funny story too!)

Anyway, my nieces are Emma, Katie, and Aly -- but I call them Angel, Lil'bear, and Alyphant. When I sometimes do say "Emma" she gets all huffy and says "NO! I'm your an"shell" -- she can't say her "g's" yet.

My brother has been RB for the longest time (which, as I explained in another thread, stands for Rat Ba$t@rd).

My best friend had the funniest nickname in school - she was a cheerleader and they called her "Boom Boom" - now since you guys can't see her, she has rather large breasts on a very petite body. So we're out with these guys one night having a good time, and we're talking about stupid stuff, and the whole Boom Boom thing comes up.....Steve actually says "well is that because you have large breasts?" --- my girlfriend and I just looked at each other (you know we have ESP) and then she starts acting TOTALLY offended -- she said "WHAT? NO - what kind of disgusting question was that?" and I had to play along. That poor boy was so red-faced! Of course this is also the guy who told us that Cinco de Mayo was on the 6th this year, and that the lady working at the Mexican restaurant we were in was Spanish because "Spanish people and Mexican people are really the same thing." HAAHAAHAA - we were hysterical with laughter all night long! And he wasn't even drunk!!

As Ace Ventura says "Lo-hoo-se-er"
Old 03-06-2001, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't even know where my nicknames came from. My full name is Alexandria - pretentious, huh? Yea, I go by Allie. For a while it was Ali, but people pronounced it as in "Muhammed" Ali, so I changed the spelling. My mom calls me Squirrel. I don't know why or how that came about. She says it is because I'm "squirrely," but you never know with her. Somehow Squirrel evolved into Tree Rat. Tree Rat?? I know, not the cutest, but I can almost guarentee that I am the only person called that lovingly.

My brother is nicknamed Boo Boo. That is because I would alway whine about having a boo boo whenever I hurt myself. BTW, I still do that now - I love pity in my agony! Anyway, everytime I said that, Matthew would giggle and repeat it over and over again, like some broken doll. It was hilarious. It got to the point where we just called him that. "Come here Boo Boo!"

Allie
Old 03-07-2001, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

AXO Alum, you're the BOMB! I love it!
Old 03-07-2001, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was little I was a plump baby and my great-grandmother started calling me yellow butter-ball. I still hear this nick name from time to time.
Old 03-07-2001, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

My parents have called me Kevin or Kev since I was little. This seventh grade girl once called me "Smiley" once. Ever since I was a kid my younger brother has had these pet names for everyone in the family *L* He calls me cudre(some kind of nonsense word I guess), my mom muter, and my dad I forget. Were talkin a 26 yr old systems analyst that uses these names. *L* When I was an active my brothers called me cha-cha, king helmut, and sometimes I was referred to as "Tonka". Thats what the AXPs called me.

Kevin