GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 781
0 members and 781 guests
No Members online

Old 07-25-2008, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

How often do you wear your badge?

I was wondering how often some of you wear your badge. I sometimes see various people wearing Greek and Masonic-type badges at formal gatherings like weddings, funerals, business conferences/travels, etc. I always find it interesting to find out which group they belong to.

Does any one here wear your badge outside of your organization's formal rituals/ceremonies/events/meetings? Do you make an effort to wear it regularly?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

My APO badge broke and I'm waiting for someone to realize a replacement badge would be the perfect gift for me.

My Alpha badge is seldom worn. It has specific instructions that I don't feel like going through so usually I'll just wear a lapel pin instead.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
My APO badge broke and I'm waiting for someone to realize a replacement badge would be the perfect gift for me.

My Alpha badge is seldom worn. It has specific instructions that I don't feel like going through so usually I'll just wear a lapel pin instead.
Yup, same reason I never wear mine. Although it's nice to see sorors wearing the badge in "appropriate" settings.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I rarely wear my badge because I rarely have occasion to. I do have a lapel pin with the Sigma Kappa crest that I wear on my white coat, which means I wear it pretty much every day - and a whole lot of nights, too!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:42 PM

I don't wear it to alot of things outside of sorority-related events.

I dress up for alot of things like church, so I could wear it more often, but I'm so busy usually that I never even think to put it on.

I do have a ring that I wear more regularly since it doesn't require me to be dressed up to wear it.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post

co-sign.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Almost never. Even if I'm at an event and dressed up, I'm highly likely to forget to put it on. Now that I don't have to attend formal business it doesn't get a lot of use. I think if I owned the crystal/rhinestone (whichever) pin with letters on it, I'd wear that ALL the time.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I do have a ring that I wear more regularly since it doesn't require me to be dressed up to wear it.
Ooh! Hijack! I was at Disney last month and they had a ring-cutting stand where they would cut any letters or shapes you wanted into a sterling silver ring for $25. I got one that says 'I(heart)SK' - it's so cute, and way more affordable than the die-cut rings on the greek gift websites!

/hijack
Old 07-27-2008, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

outside of group related events, i wear a lapel pin.
"When you have reached the end of the road, then you can decide, whether to go to the left or to the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road, it will take you no where... except to a bad end."
Palin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgJA7lPkb1o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnsAU...eature=related
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

wearing badge

I wear mine and my alumna badge from time to time...more often when meeting with chapters and such...and of course when appropriate (such as at NPC gatherings and such).
Old 07-28-2008, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
I wear mine as frequently as I can.

I even wore mine with the a white ribbon under it (memorial tribute) to my cousin's funeral as a tribute to him. He was very proud to be a Delta Chi. Being Greek was a fun thing we shared together .

I recently purchased a badge ring on ebay that fits my pinkie finger, so I wear it everyday I go out in public. It does attract attention and I enjoy that!

Viva Phi Mu!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageofages View Post

I recently purchased a badge ring on ebay that fits my pinkie finger, so I wear it everyday I go out in public. It does attract attention and I enjoy that!
I am looking into getting a ring. I am not sure i I want a badge ring or a "letter" ring. I am more into "less is more" when it comes to jewelry, and I prefer white gold or sterling silver.

Any AXiDs have rings that they care to link to? Obviously we have the ones that our jeweler puts out, but I have seen the generic ones on various greek sites.

Any jewelry purchases would have to be later in the year, maybe for my bday or Christmas, but I might leave hints for my hubby.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I wear one of my five badges at least once a week...more if I am just in the mood to look at one. I have a "101 ways to live our Ritual" list above my desk to look at as well!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I am looking into getting a ring. I am not sure i I want a badge ring or a "letter" ring. I am more into "less is more" when it comes to jewelry, and I prefer white gold or sterling silver.

Any AXiDs have rings that they care to link to? Obviously we have the ones that our jeweler puts out, but I have seen the generic ones on various greek sites.

Any jewelry purchases would have to be later in the year, maybe for my bday or Christmas, but I might leave hints for my hubby.
I saw this double rose alum ring that I really liked - though I'm pretty sure it was one put out by our jeweler so you've probably seen it already. And I'm with you in that I can't decide if I would like a ring with letters or maybe with the crest - I love the way our crest looks, but it would have to be a pretty big ring.

And to answer the question on this thread, I (sadly) hardly wear our quill - usually only if I'm going to an AXiD formal event. I just don't have much occasion to otherwise.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I wear mine to Delta Gamma events and on NPC badge day in March.