GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,756
2 members and 1,754 guests
PGD-GRAD
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Well, bless your heart..... you are kind of a pig. Do NOT assume that any of us are trying to be your mother. We do better work than that.

Best of luck at ASU. I only wish we could be there for rush
Kind of hard to do that when you have written paragraphs telling me the evils of being in a fraternity at 26 when all I asked for was whether it can be done or not.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

When a person has to justify that their interest in a particular type of girl is legal or not... I can't even finish the sentence. Yes there is PLENTY of jail bait out there that would hit on a 20 whatever (or 30 or 40) year old guy. The likelihood that an ASU sorority woman would be among that set, sure, it could happen. Even sorority women get depressed and have low self-esteem. So therefore I again say go for it, have a great time and let us know how it turns out for you. And thankfully my sorority isn't represented at ASU so you won't be attempting to deflower any of them. Not that I'm worried about any of my panhellenic sisters.

But tell me about the 19 year old frat guy who wants the 26 year old hotty snapping up all the 19 year old sorority babes at his parties. What's in it for him? Because this is about friendships after all.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually, you originally asked if it was possible.

Yes. It is possible. Anything is possible. I don't want to be discouraging to a 65 year old PNM who might be reading GreekChat and think we are all a bunch of mean hostile beyotches.

Who knows? Who can say? I'm not judging, I'm saying that it is possible in the sense that anything is possible. A meteor could fall out of the sky and squish you. That is possible.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-14-2014, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Actually, you originally asked if it was possible.

Yes. It is possible. Anything is possible. I don't want to be discouraging to a 65 year old PNM who might be reading GreekChat and think we are all a bunch of mean hostile beyotches.

Who knows? Who can say? I'm not judging, I'm saying that it is possible in the sense that anything is possible. A meteor could fall out of the sky and squish you. That is possible.
Do you think there's a separate quota for 65-year-old PNMs going through sorority recruitment? The AARP quota?
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signed up user View Post
Well I was just asking about whether it is possible as in if it can be done, not about the morals behind it.
Nobody was talking about the morals of anything. You asked if it is possible. You were told that it may be possible, but that it also may be very unlikely. You were then given reasons why it might be very unlikely.

Quote:
And yes, it is impossible to find a brotherhood like a college fraternity once you are out of college.
I am a guy who has been out of college for over 30 years. It is not impossible. At all.

Unless, of course, your idea of brotherhood is simply partying and getting wasted with other guys. If that's the case, I'd say your concept of "brotherhood" is pretty sad. Yes, it's still possible to find, but you do have to look harder because most other guys have grown up.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like someone has trouble making friends.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Sounds like someone has trouble making friends.
But it's not hard for someone to make "friends" with underage college students who want someone to buy them beer.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

morals morals and morals again

have there been guys in their mid to late 20s that have done it? because I am starting to see exactly why my thread which is about fraternities has managed to attract quite a number of female users who don't really have my best interest in heart for this given thing.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:

have there been guys in their mid to late 20s that have done it? because I am starting to see exactly why my thread which is about fraternities has managed to attract quite a number of female users who don't really have my best interest in heart for this given thing.
The fraternities won't be thinking about what is in your best interests, but rather, what is in their respective chapters' best interests. Fraternity members know that the party lifestyle of college is a temporary phase before growing up and embracing the real world. The fact that you are regressing and giving up a high paying job to party with young people makes you a liability to their chapters' reputations. The whole concept is bizarre.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

But you're a girl so you don't know anything.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Banned

I guess it is safe to assume the OP is talking about a non-NPHC/non-MCGLO/non-LGLO/non-AGLO fraternity. The answer to the question would be different if the OP was talking about NPHC/MCGLO/LGLO/AGLO.

How demeaning to reduce women's responses to "mothering". I guess MysticCat is "fathering" the OP.

Every time I see the thread title, I sing "I'm going back to college, college, college...I'm going back to college...I don't think so" a la LL Cool J.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know what it means to you, OP, having your "best interest in heart". Honestly. I don't know.

For future reference, it is very important to be able to see things from others' perspective(s). That's a very useful and important life skill.

What it does appear to me is this: you're not getting told what you want to hear. I said we answered your question - it's possible. Not sure why you are arguing with anyone or scolding us for our responses. I thought my response was very helpful, and seeing as how I live in Arizona, I thought it was fair to warn you about meteors. It could happen to you. Anything is possible.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 05-14-2014, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

To the OP: As a fraternity man, I say: Go Rush. I know of a few older guys that have gone through Rush. I do know one got a bid. IF you can handle being call "Blue" as in Blue from the movie Old School have at it.

Here is some free advice - when you ask for advice, don't discount it because it differs from what you want to read.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

It has nothing to do with morals. I couldn't care less about your morals. I also don't care if you rush or pledge. I offered no advice and really wasn't even speaking to you. I was poking fun at the concept of old guy pledging a fraternity. Because it's funny. That's why Old School had the old guy Blue as a pledge in the script. Because it's funny.

If you are seeking membership in NPHC/MCGLO/LGLO/AGLO as DrPhil mentioned, then I believe that's a different story and not funny.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:

You are going back to a school with a very traditional population in terms of age. If you were going someplace with many commuters and returned students, most likely your age wouldn't be a problem at all because there would be others in a similar boat.

It's possible to get a bid as far as the rules are concerned, but know there's a great chance it won't happen.