GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,370
1 members and 2,369 guests
No Members online

Old 02-03-2004, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Transfer

Ok, this is a strange question.

My friend from AZ did not have great (good ) grades but she still graduated. She did not have the "normal" classes, but did take the eng/ humnaities and math down. Now she is going to a CC in Az and is wanting to transfer to one of the state schools. She had her high school send in her high school transcripts (as required) and she sent in her current transcript from the community college. She is still going to school there (and is doing much better).

Now my understanding is that along as she has a high school diploma and has 30 credit hours (no longer a Freshman) with good grade, the schools (all public state) have to take her.

She got a letter saying that she has to finish high school (get the other classes that are normal) before she could be enrolled, the letter did mention that she needs 30 credit hours to get enrolled and that if uder 30 she had to met Frshman admissions.

Was her letter correct about high school or was it becuase she only has like 15 college credts.

Sorry is long.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-03-2004, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I HAVE NO CLUE!

However I remember when I enrolled in college I didn't have Chemestry from high school (I took another course which the high school approved for graduation). Well my college demanded that I have that lab science so I had to enroll in Principles of Biology. Not only that, but they wouldn't let me declare a major until I passed that course and this other course (University Studies).

Is this what you meant by complete high school courses?
Old 02-03-2004, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, onlong those lines.

She just wants to go to ASU or NAU and she will have 30(if not more) credits by then.

SHe has tried talking to the school but they are not listening to her explain and she wants to know if she is wasting her time.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

It depends on the college/university's transfer of credits policies. Some have detailed lists of courses that list equivalent credit hour transfers, some will be left to the individual advisor or dean to give credit.

Community college credit hours usually transfer well to a state university, on the other hand it may be a whole different ballgame if it's a private college.

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 02-03-2004, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I don't know about your state, but in Arkansas in order to graduate from high school you have to have X number of credits (I think it was 21 or 23 when I graduated). Thing is, within those credits you had to have 3 of English, 3 of Math and 2 or 3 of Science. You couldn't graduate HS by taking all of the english, fine arts, and home ec that you could cram in.

This may be what they're telling your friend. Could she go back to the high school she graduated from and ask one of their counselors that helps the seniors with college stuff? They might know if it's specific to their high school or something.

PsychTau