GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,264
1 members and 2,263 guests
Tridentia

Old 01-09-2016, 09:09 PM

[old school GC]

I wonder if Haven participated in Dance Marathon or wore his hair in a mullet.

[/old school GC]
Old 02-22-2016, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

"Jackie" has been ordered by a judge to appear for a deposition in the lawsuit for Dean Eramo vs. The Rolling Stone.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia...914ef54e4.html

True and Constant
Old 10-21-2016, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Rolling Stone Writer Admits Mistakes in Reporting of Rape Story

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tylerkingka...jqw#.kiggxX9xL

@~/~~~~
Old 10-22-2016, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

That Jackie is quite a gal:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/20/ro...-had-syphilis/
Old 10-22-2016, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

I don't feel at all sorry for this reporter. She was desperate to report news which confirmed her anti-fraternity bias. Simple as that. It should cost her a job and it will cost whoever Rolling Stone's insurance company is a pretty penny.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-02-2017, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't watched 20/20 in forever, but I randomly recorded the episode from last night. Tonight, I pressed the Info button to see what it was about, and it was this story.

They interviewed Jackie's friends (two of the three who were mentioned in the Rolling Stone article), which was pretty interesting. The one, Ryan, she wanted to date early freshman year, and they went out once, but he said they were better just being friends. The other guy friend (can't remember his name) said that Jackie was pretty upset about it, and it was weird for her to be THAT devastated over a two week crush. Then she started dating this "Haven" and was quick to tell her friends about him.

They said from the very beginning, she was an elaborate storyteller.

What I posted here pretty much tells the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
'Catfishing’ over love interest might have spurred U-Va. gang-rape debacle:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-rape-debacle/
After the RS story broke, a more local reporter, simply curious as to why RS was initially reporting on the story, looked further into it. He started by interviewing Jackie and then went to her three friends; they were more than happy to speak. Initially, Rolling Stone also wanted to interview her three friends, but Jackie answered for them and claimed they weren't willing to be interviewed. A lie, of course.

According to Ryan, Jackie had asked him to vet Haven and gave Ryan his phone number. Haven mentioned that Jackie liked "some first year guy," clearly describing him. Ryan became suspicious, searched the student directory for Haven Monahan, and he found no results. Later they determined that the Haven texts were coming from Jackie herself.

Ryan said that Jackie would do anything to get his attention, and as mentioned in the article above, she even went so far as to say she had a terminal illness and she was dying. She told Ryan that her will was on copy at Student Health.

In addition to all of this insanity, it was suggested that her story was concocted using a rape that actually happened at that fraternity in 1984 (which I believe was mentioned in the Rolling Stone story) and possibly from an episode of Law & Order SVU. I actually knew the episode they were referencing - a gang rape occurred at a fraternity house and one of the guys says, "Grab her legs." In addition, they mentioned a love letter about Ryan where Jackie pulled exact quotes from an episode of Dawson's Creek.

It's just so unbelievable. And as Ryan said, it's crazy to think that this whole debacle could have been prevented if that Rolling Stone writer just went to Jackie's three friends and talked to them about it, rather than taking Jackie's word for it and assuming they would be uncooperative.

@~/~~~~