GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,380
0 members and 2,380 guests
No Members online

Old 03-23-2005, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AWJDZ
Got my bag...its a Lilly, but not a printed one (at least on the outside) Its straw and has a large white flower on it..just what I was looking for and it will be great for the summer. The print on the inside can not be seen.

http://image.inkfrog.com/click_enlar...name=hillsofky
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-23-2005, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Quote:
Originally posted by AWJDZ
nude or white? I found a cute pair of white kitten heels with flowers bunched on them at SRI.

White with flowers/pattern goes anytime for spring.

Plain white--never unless you're the bride (or the white shoes in question are sneakers or flip-flops).

Or at least that's the gist of what's said in New Times in the Old South (Or Why Scarlett's in Therapy and Tara's Going Condo), the sequel to A Southern Belle Primer (Or Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma). Gotta love the Marlyn Schwartz.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bekibug
White with flowers/pattern goes anytime for spring.

Plain white--never unless you're the bride (or the white shoes in question are sneakers or flip-flops).

Or at least that's the gist of what's said in New Times in the Old South (Or Why Scarlett's in Therapy and Tara's Going Condo), the sequel to A Southern Belle Primer (Or Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma). Gotta love the Marlyn Schwartz.
yeah, i knew that....I left the plain white shoes behind when I outgrew mary janes and formal ceremonies...

these are really cute thongs with kitten heels and a bunch of little leather flowers at the strap....now if they still have them....

I can't find New Times in the Old South anywhere...I always look for it when I am bookstore shopping. Guess I will have to rely on what Mom taught me.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Depressing.

I have only one Lilly dress, bought before rush in 2001. I want more, but the closest retailer is in Tulsa, which I don't have time for the drive during the semester.

Do you guys know of anyway to get a hard copy of the catalog without going to a retailer? (Which is weird, since you wouldn't need a catalog if they carry the line.)
Old 04-06-2005, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Re: Depressing.

Quote:
Originally posted by kstar
Do you guys know of anyway to get a hard copy of the catalog without going to a retailer? (Which is weird, since you wouldn't need a catalog if they carry the line.)
I signed up for my catalog through www.inthepinkonline.com which is my retailer. you may still be able to get the catalog through them and you can also order online with them. I'm not sure if they only ship to the New England area though.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AWJDZ
nude or white? I found a cute pair of white kitten heels with flowers bunched on them at SRI.

Cute skirts out...I don't really like the 60's looking stuff...more into the classics.

Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping the strapless Sabrina dresses up...I have had one for years and never hardly ever wear it because my 36 C's won't stay in it..the dress fits, but the back always loosens up
Doublesided tape. I have a GAP strapless dress that I have the same problem with.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Depressing.

Quote:
Originally posted by kstar
I have only one Lilly dress, bought before rush in 2001. I want more, but the closest retailer is in Tulsa, which I don't have time for the drive during the semester.

ebay usually has some pretty good buys....

Go to the site (www.lillypulitzer.com) and it will bring up some signature stores...some of them allow you to order from the site. You can also sign up to be on the mailing list and get the catalogs in the mail.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Y'all are evil. Evil evil evil. I'd never even paid attention to things like Vera Bradley and Lilly Pulitzer until GC.

I just bought this on eBay:
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I love this dress!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

I know this thread is old but there was no point in starting a new one.

I've known about LP for a few years but she's not that popular here in Nor Cali. Macy's used to carry her line but stopped about a year or so ago. I really didn't get into her designs until recently. I think her designs are what i like to call "mood wear". I have to be in a certain mood to wear them. Anywho, I'm getting this and this now that they are on sale

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 12-10-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
So cute! I love Lilly!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone smelled her fragrances?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeykiss1974 View Post
Has anyone smelled her fragrances?
She has fragrances now? There's a Lilly shop in San Diego and I hadn't seen them, but now maybe I'll have a tumble.

As for my own Lilly, I have shoes and a few casual pieces. I like her 50th anniversary Jubilee collection and have lost enough weight that I could maybe consider any silk jersey pieces.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

At Tuesday Morning I bought a duvet cover, dust ruffle and pillow shams for 75% off. I think they were last year's pattern but who cares. What a deal!!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
She has fragrances now? There's a Lilly shop in San Diego and I hadn't seen them, but now maybe I'll have a tumble.
Yes, they are new! I haven't smelled them yet, but there's a new Lilly shop in NYC and I should go to get some gifts for niece-Munch and sister-Munch.

I decorated my bedroom last year with Ocean Drive--got it at a closeout store and I love it! I've been collecting more pillows, so my bed is just the way I like it.

Also, Lilly is very easy to score at TJMaxx; sometimes Filene's Basement too.