GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,710
2 members and 1,708 guests
Cookiez17

Old 01-19-2019, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Indiana Chi Omega Cease & Desist

What happened with Chi Omega at Indiana??

I am alum and had a recommendation for a girl who wanted to pledge that house as her #1 choice. I heard it had to do with a frat party. Has to be ver very serious for National to stop rush.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

It's very quiet, but word is something came up in the investigation of one of the fraternities recently put on deferred suspension. People are talking about possible criminal charges. It's all just speculation at this point.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:56 PM

We like to substantiate any risk management related discussions with news articles around these parts. Are there any before any more conjecture gets spread?

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
We like to substantiate any risk management related discussions with news articles around these parts. Are there any before any more conjecture gets spread?

https://www.wthr.com/article/iu-chap...ase-and-desist

Here's an article regarding the situation. It doesn't provide many details, but it does appear that the Cease & Desist was issued on January 11th. I haven't seen any follow-ups, however.

It is interesting to note that the allegations apparently involve some of their 'past members', though. I would hope that this chapter is allowed due process.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

While IU initiated the cease and desist it was the decision of Chi Omega headquarters to suspend the chapter's recruitment activities.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaEmi88 View Post
https://www.wthr.com/article/iu-chap...ase-and-desist

Here's an article regarding the situation. It doesn't provide many details, but it does appear that the Cease & Desist was issued on January 11th. I haven't seen any follow-ups, however.

It is interesting to note that the allegations apparently involve some of their 'past members', though. I would hope that this chapter is allowed due process.
“Past members” could also mean women who were terminated last semester who were active up until that time. It’s only January.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

It's just hard to seem them stopping recruitment without thinking significant discipline, i.e.; chapter suspension, is on the horizon.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod D View Post
It's very quiet, but word is something came up in the investigation of one of the fraternities recently put on deferred suspension. People are talking about possible criminal charges. It's all just speculation at this point.
Quote:
It's just hard to seem them stopping recruitment without thinking significant discipline, i.e.; chapter suspension, is on the horizon.
It's quite unbecoming when an adult parent spreads a bunch of gossip they read on Greek Rank. We deal with facts here, not gossip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
This.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororitysock View Post
It's quite unbecoming when an adult parent spreads a bunch of gossip they read on Greek Rank. We deal with facts here, not gossip.

This.
So you think the National chapter would stop recruitment if the chapter was facing a slap on the wrist? Not a chance. They know more than anyone at this point. And I know more than you think. But as I said, it's speculation as nothing is public yet.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
So you think the National chapter would stop recruitment if the chapter was facing a slap on the wrist? Not a chance. They know more than anyone at this point. And I know more than you think. But as I said, it's speculation as nothing is public yet.
I'm sure that many of us know more than you think, and most likely more than you know. However, we aren't spreading gossip and hearsay, regardless of who we heard it from until there is a public statement available on any matter such as this.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06